Hot Toys - Batman 1966 Live-action TV Series - Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't rate the Millenium Falcon in this discussion as it is a space ship.

If it's land based vehicles:

1) Batmobile '66
2) Bond Astin Martin
3) S&H Torino
4) General Lee

Space Ships

1) Millenium Falcon
2) Star Trek US Enterprise- Original Series
3) X-Wing/ Tie Fighter
4) Klingon BOP- Original Series

Last edited:
The 66 Batmobile would be #1 for me if it was designed, from the START to be THE Batmobile. Not designed as a concept car that was then repurposed and modified to be the Batmobile. It's in the same class as the General Lee, KITT, Ecto-1, and the BTTF Delorean for me because of that. All "iconic" cars to be sure, but still, all cars that were meant to be something else FIRST before they were modded and repainted to be cast in the pop-culture features they starred in.

Because of that, the top pop-culture car for me is the 1989 Batmobile. Yes, there was an Impala chassis and Chevy block engine underneath the original prop cars, but that car's entire physical appearance is meant for one thing, and ONE thing only...to be THE Batmobile. There is no : "it's a repainted and modded Lincoln Futura Concept / Customized 82 Trans Am / repainted 59 Cadillac / DeLorean with tacked on wires lights and cables and doo-dads". The car is not recognizable as anything else but what it is....the Batmobile.

Just based on what I like, my top 5 for Film & TV:

'66 Batmobile
V8 Interceptor
Ghostbusters Ecto-1
BTTF DeLorean
Bond's Aston Martin

(+ Bluesmobile, Bueller's Ferrari, Bullitt's Mustang)

Starsky & Hutch Gran Torino
The Professionals' Ford Capri
The Simpsons' family sedan
Mr Bean's mini
The Saint's Jaguar

(+KITT, General Lee)

The 66 Batmobile would be #1 for me if it was designed, from the START to be THE Batmobile. Not designed as a concept car that was then repurposed and modified to be the Batmobile. It's in the same class as the General Lee, KITT, Ecto-1, and the BTTF Delorean for me because of that. All "iconic" cars to be sure, but still, all cars that were meant to be something else FIRST before they were modded and repainted to be cast in the pop-culture features they starred in.

Because of that, the top pop-culture car for me is the 1989 Batmobile. Yes, there was an Impala chassis and Chevy block engine underneath the original prop cars, but that car's entire physical appearance is meant for one thing, and ONE thing only...to be THE Batmobile. There is no : "it's a repainted and modded Lincoln Futura Concept / Customized 82 Trans Am / repainted 59 Cadillac / DeLorean with tacked on wires lights and cables and doo-dads". The car is not recognizable as anything else but what it is....the Batmobile.

And based on that criteria, I'll take the Tumbler over the '89.

"...and that's the double truth, Ruth!"

Wake_Up_Riot.jpg

True, .....remember though, re the 1966 batmobile vs the general lee, black beauty etc, the Futura concept car was made famous, Because of the batmobile
even though it had already been used in a movie once before..
In fact the concept car was practically in a junk state years later when barris got his hands on it because there was hardly any value to it as it was.
By the time it was transformed, it wasn't recognizable as anything else since most folks have never even seen the Futura concept car....

That said, My favorite is the 89 followed immediately by the 66.

"Production problems" with 66 batmobile but no problem mass producing the hulkbuster

I just do not understand hot toys reluctantancy to say if the 66 batmobile is dead or not? Why all the bs and no info? JUST LET US KNOW FINALLY!

^ Safe to say it's dead for at least this year. Might get it in 2020.

If delorean does not sell out, this is as good as dead unfortunately and any other vehicle being made. I have 89 batmobile, tumbler, bat pod, and delorean pre ordered.

Back