Hot Toys - Batman 1966 Live-action TV Series - Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, It's actually red....

The 1966 BATMOBILE website on correcting the inaccuracies of the 1:18

And my photo clearly (despite the crap lighting) shows it a red, as well as the 1000s of other reference work photos showing as such.

as I understand it correct color trim is a kind of flourescent red/orange that generally appears red on film, but sometimes photographs weird as in the shot above.

:exactly:

The striping is orange not red, I've seen the Barris car in person. :wave

The car as it is now, is a joke. It is also a shadow of what it once was.

But don't take my word for it. Check out the site my link takes you to. I have been a member and contributor there for years. They know the '66 better than any other person on the planet, and sadly that's George Barris included, who cannot even remember how many cars he actually made, and is now also taking credit for the Aston Martin DB5 in Goldfinger.

Also, you might want to check out these guys...they also know their stuff,

Fibreglass Freaks, fully licensed, screen accurate and WB authorised 1966 BATMOBILE replicas

Trust me, It's red.

The original Barris car is also the one that was at SDCC this past weekend. And Barris himself was there. The striping is clearly orange.

The great Batmobile pinstripe color debate..............thought it was that deep orange but now I'm not even sure.........!

Authoritative website 1966 BATMOBILE says the stripes are:

3/4" Fluorescent Cerise

???????????????????

I've been a member over at the 66 Batmobile site since 2000 or so. It's a great site. Here's one of many, many threads about the stripe color.

https://1966batvehicles.yuku.com/topic/2961#.UAS7V2UVXw4

To quote replica builder Mark Racop:

Chris Woodwise had me paint his car in a red, and it looks pretty good. It depends if you want to go with what your mind "remembers," or what the real color is. They painted the car with the neon red/orange (floursecent cerise, as Barris called it) so that the color would pop and help sell color televisions. It looked like a brilliant red on film, which is why your mind keeps telling you that it had to be red.

I've been a member over at the 66 Batmobile site since 2000 or so. It's a great site. Here's one of many, many threads about the stripe color.

Chris Woodwise had me paint his car in a red, and it looks pretty good. It depends if you want to go with what your mind "remembers," or what the real color is. They painted the car with the neon red/orange (floursecent cerise, as Barris called it) so that the color would pop and help sell color televisions. It looked like a brilliant red on film, which is why your mind keeps telling you that it had to be red.

I think this is correct- color used films differently and when broadcast on tv sets...just as Kirk's tunic was actually greenish but turned out gold on television..(filmstock abberations)

Correct. Just like Darth Vader's lenses were actually amber and Stormtrooper's were green, etc. The stripes on the Batmobile were more orange than red.

Here's a pic I took of the actual Barris car in San Diego:

532285_10152137550675107_76485876_n.jpg

Yep, looks like orange to me.

Anyway, I can't wait to see what possibilities this product opens up.

Cerise....

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=c...rb3jBw&sqi=2&ved=0CEgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1600&bih=813

or...

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/cerise

Now does anyone here think that this is in anyway....orange, despite what the poor mess of a car looks like now, and despite the obvious point that the semi-florescent nature of the paint makes any warm light make it look a different colour?

Like I said, according to the original spec, how it was on the show, how the 1966 Batmobile site describes it and how the authorised replicas are made now (which - with WB being what/how they are - just would not be allowed to happen if it were wrong, they'd yank that licence back in a second!)...it's a shade of red.

Good grief! Even with photos, links to the authorised makers today, links to the one definitive '66 Batmobile site on the planet, and even photos and definitions of the word 'cerise'. What do you come back with....

Orange...

:gah: :slap :slap :slap :gah:

I too have been a member there too, so you will know that Marc is the owner of the company that makes the only authorised '66s ion the world...Fibreglass Freaks. I posted a link to his site a few pages back...it's strange how his all look like the 'florescent red' that fits perfectly my description of cerise...on his own site.

Yup, it's orange, but it's red on TV (in the 60s). That's the point. The actual screen seem color is red. It's meant to be red, it's designed to be red. To achieve the red in the 60s, the orange color when hit by the lights and the processing produced the desired red color. Now the question is - do you want a prop color or a design color. Bottom line, the screen color is red, and that's what I expect to see on my HT Batmobile. Now looking at the pic above, A Mad Max Interceptor V8 would be just the ticket - my number one favorite movie - Mad Max 2 -

Yup, it's orange, but it's red on TV (in the 60s). That's the point. The actual screen seem color is red. It's meant to be red, it's designed to be red. To achieve the red in the 60s, the orange color when hit by the lights and the processing produced the desired red color. Now the question is - do you want a prop color or a design color. Bottom line, the screen color is red, and that's what I expect to see on my HT Batmobile. Now looking at the pic above, A Mad Max Interceptor V8 would be just the ticket - my number one favorite movie - Mad Max 2 -

Ah, now that is yet another iconic vehicle :drool. Do you have the AUTOart 1:18 and the 1:43 twin pack of it? If so what did you think?

Despite the differences between the the MAD MAX and MAD MAX II versions, it's still a brilliant car design. And the Falcon looks good without all the wings and fins too!

Ah, now that is yet another iconic vehicle :drool. Do you have the AUTOart 1:18 and the 1:43 twin pack of it? If so what did you think?

Despite the differences between the the MAD MAX and MAD MAX II versions, it's still a brilliant car design. And the Falcon looks good without all the wings and fins too!

I don't have any of them. I'd like the Mad Max standard police car and the Mad Max 2 V8 all beat up with the extras - with a HT Max to go with them. I think the car is just cool.

Yep, that's exactly right. I have a lot of Batmobiles around already, including a stunning unauthorized 1/6 model (NOT the old Joemobile) and they've got red stripes, which is what you want -- the thing as you remember it onscreen, not the color of the paint if you happen to see the car in real life.

It's why I'm not a big fan of the tendency to paint TOS Enterprise replicas grey -- that may have been the prop color, but to me the Enterprise on screen was white. But that's a whole other argument!

Back