Hot Toys Bane Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This man thinks otherwise.

1384511-bob_kane_1989_large.jpg

¡¡OMG!!

He has gold buttons on his blazer!!

I'm kind of meh about this tease. I was more excited about the Bossk production peek then this. :dunno

there was only one Hot Toys Two Face so who knows... perhaps they will pump out fewer versions of Bane and aim at selling more Bane Tumblers...

That's kind of ridiculous when you think about it. "Bane Tumblers". Bane has his own Tumblers equipped with rocket firing missiles! :lol

It'd be like The Joker borrowing Batman's paraphernalia. Jokermobiles, Jokerrang, etc. etc.

I'll still stand behind what I said before that HT does not have the reference materials. This figure's gonna be incomplete.

Do they think we're stupid? Come on.

Waiting for Bank Robber Bane and DX Bane and then DX Bane 2.0.

Hot Toys has come along ways since Joker V1. Looks pretty complete to me.

If I buy a Bane, I don't think he'll need his own Tumbler.

Yeah I doubt those of us looking for minimalist collections will deem a camo-tumbler essential to fully represent the film.

Bane, Catwoman and Batman, 3 figures, will hopefully suffice for me. One day I'll backtrack and get Scarecrow. I'm sure its only a matter of time before they make Ra'as and that'll be my Begins collection sorted too.

I could be wrong, but I doubt Bane will enjoy as many multiple figures as the Joker. For many, Heath's Joker made the Dark Knight, just as Jack's Joker made the 89 Batman film. Joker is nearly the cultural icon that Batman is, while Bane is just a newbie in the eyes of the pop arena. So if I were a betting man, I'd place my money on multiple Jacks, not multiple Banes.

I mean if Two-Face only got one figure, I don't think Bane will do any better, especially if he's all mumbly in the movie.

Hot Toys has come along ways since Joker V1. Looks pretty complete to me.

I was talking about accessories and such. This is just speculative, but What if Bane takes off his mask in the film? Will we get a Hardy sculpt if this figure is released in May or whatever? How about spoilery gadgets or weapons he may use? Will we get these? No, of course not, if Nolan and WB wish to keep the cover on the story as much as possible.

I was talking about accessories and such. This is just speculative, but What if Bane takes off his mask in the film? Will we get a Hardy sculpt if this figure is released in May or whatever? How about spoilery gadgets or weapons he may use? Will we get these? No, of course not, if Nolan and WB wish to keep the cover on the story as much as possible.

Hot Toys had to have been working on the Bank Robber Joker well before the V1 was in the hands of collectors.

They know what they're doing. Unless Bane is a massive disappointment they're going to make more of him. For a character that has no "expressions" you know they won't be able to resist giving him eyes later on.

I could be wrong, but I doubt Bane will enjoy as many multiple figures as the Joker. For many, Heath's Joker made the Dark Knight, just as Jack's Joker made the 89 Batman film. Joker is nearly the cultural icon that Batman is, while Bane is just a newbie in the eyes of the pop arena. So if I were a betting man, I'd place my money on multiple Jacks, not multiple Banes.

I mean if Two-Face only got one figure, I don't think Bane will do any better, especially if he's all mumbly in the movie.

Yeah but hes a more action-orientated physical adversary for Batman than either Joker or Two-face. Typically that kind of thing makes a character 'toyetic'.

Hopefully we'll enjoy him in the film - Tom Hardy, though IMO too small for Bane, has a tendency to steal the films he's in. And he was vicious in that film Warrior...or was it 'The' warrior I can't remember.

Yeah but hes a more action-orientated physical adversary for Batman than either Joker or Two-face. Typically that kind of thing makes a character 'toyetic'.

Hopefully we'll enjoy him in the film - Tom Hardy, though IMO too small for Bane, has a tendency to steal the films he's in. And he was vicious in that film Warrior...or was it 'The' warrior I can't remember.

But Ra's was a pretty physical figure in Begins, and he hasn't shown up yet. He was also portrayed by a big name actor who has quite a large fan base. Only time will tell, but it's rare a character receive as much attention as either Joker did in his respective movie. After all, I doubt Bane will usurp Joker as the cliche Halloween costume of the decade. Although for Chuck Dixon's sake, I hope he does...

And here's an unrelated piece of Batman trivia: Did you know that Lucius Fox creator Len Wein made more off of that character than he did on both Wolverine and Swamp Thing combined?

Hot Toys had to have been working on the Bank Robber Joker well before the V1 was in the hands of collectors.

They know what they're doing. Unless Bane is a massive disappointment they're going to make more of him. For a character that has no "expressions" you know they won't be able to resist giving him eyes later on.

I'm not sure if you're agreeing with me or disagreeing. :lol

In any case, there is no doubt in my mind that Hot Toys knows what they're doing, from a business perspective. I'm just saying that they don't have all the info on Bane yet and are producing a figure based solely on what's been shown of the character so far, just like with the V1 Joker. That limitation is working into their business plan here as well, definitely. BR Joker figure development had the luxury of all of its details having been revealed in the prologue that was shown with I Am Legend 8 months prior to TDK's release.

Yeah, I can't believe it. I thought it was a joke on Facebook.

Why B&R Bane before Freeze, Batman and the others?

I'm still waiting for them to announce the Forever and B&R license next week, the way things are going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back