Hot Toys Bane Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you guys be wanting a rubber body? Do you not know of HT's track record with rubber?

PVC bodies like Sly, Arnie and Wolverine is the OBVIOUS way to go.

How can you guys be wanting a rubber body? Do you not know of HT's track record with rubber?

None of the HT rubber bodies I own have show any sign of wear. They're still "like-new". I re-pose them a couple of times a year without any issues. I do feel bad for those that have had their figures fall apart, but I'm still not sure how it happens...? Is it because they re-pose/handle the figure everyday?/ is it because the figures are exposed to UV light where they're displayed?/ are the figures kept in a place where the temperature is too high/low?

I dunno maybe I've just been lucky with mine?:dunno

I like my high-end figures to have articulation, but I don't like the articulation to be visible. That's difficult to achieve in a figure without clothes/sleeves if not using a rubber body. I think they just need to do a little more R&D to come up with a rubber/plastic substitute that will hold up better.

Can someone post here pictures of issues with rubber body? I hear some not nice words about them, but still didn't see any pictures...

This looks like a magic act to me

BaneBat3.jpg

Exactly what I was thinking lol..

"Abra Cadabra, Deshi Basara! The Dark Knight levitates!

Now on the count of 3, you have my permission to die...."

Though we still have to see Hardy's performance, in order to get really invested in this character(and the chances of it being good are rather high, considering the guy's talent for potraying intense brutes), but I allready know, that I want this figure. When the first tdkr promo materials surfaced, I wasn't sure about Bane looks. But the more I see it, the more I like the design. The gritty, hardcore grille look the mask gives him, the worn, rough, leather jacket that gives him this awesome, rakish appearence, and his overall image of ruthless commando, rather than the cheesy, spandex-wearing luchador.

I wasn't sure about the mask design at the beggining, but the more I see it, the more I am warming to it. Now I am sure the figure is going to look great with it:
YZARD.jpg

9LLDq.png

bVQ1I.png

3hBCj.png
(pic stolen from a fellow member's sig)

I am wondering if HT's are going to design a new body for him. Hardy has a great physique in this movie. Though, I still think he could be a bit bulkier for the role, the great thing about Hardy's frame in TDKR is that he isn't ripped and chiseled male-model style, like so many other superhero actors. He actually has some fat on him, it gives him that raw, dangerous, pitt-bull apprarence. Especially his neck-area. Hardy looks like a neo-natzi militiant, and there's currently no HT body that could replicate his looks in TDKR convincingly.

Btw. You think we will be able to pose him like this?
TRBqi.jpg

Imagine: Figure posed like this, standing on the top shelf of a detolf, with the LED lighting directly above him. Yep, its a day-one pre-order for me. :)

I just hope HT knows that there's more to its than just sculpting Hardy's likeness and slapping it on to a standard, muscular body. They should really bring some effort into realizing Hardy specific brutish, thugh-like appearence, rather than some cut-and-paste, generic though guy. Fingers crossed.

Btw. I this figure is going to look really great, "pimping it out" on a detolf, with that leather jacket.:)

This looks like a magic act to me
Exactly what I was thinking lol..

"Abra Cadabra, Deshi Basara! The Dark Knight levitates!

Now on the count of 3, you have my permission to die...."

:lol That was my first thought too.

^^^ Dont worry the DX is coming... This one is just for the fans that cant wait that long... LOL... We all know it to be true!!!

I'm in the camp that doubts there will be any further releases of this figure. Like Two Face, I predict 1 and done.

The figures I have; that have rubber bodies, still are in great condition and don't show any signs of cracking or stress. But, would like them to use a different TT body on this figure; like they used with sly, Arnie, Wolverine and ect.., than using a full rubber body.

I'm in the camp that doubts there will be any further releases of this figure. Like Two Face, I predict 1 and done.

I think this figure will def get a DX double dip if the character is popular... but probably wouldn't be announced until late this year or next year after everyone has the regular MMS in hand. :lol

it they get this right this will be defo pre order as soon as it is up, and if in a years time they do a dx version that is better than this one then i will prob end up getting that and maybe selling the other one on ebay for that bit cheaper rather than rip people off. i just hope they nail tom hardy likeness, and im hoping to see full spec by end of the week do we think that is possible?

if this looks good and get likeness right im buying it straight away

HT reserve DX for memorable characters such as Batman, Indy, Sparrow. They wont make a DX of Catwoman or Bane.

Mark my words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back