Hot Toys Back to the Future II - 1/6th scale DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. You are a lucky person.
For sure. I mean really I probably could have just bought it without asking, but I figured since it’s a significant piece (both in size and price) it would be better to ask what she thought first.

She knew I wanted it badly and her thing is basically as long as it doesn’t impact our budget for actual needs I’m okay to buy things. Probably will change when we have a house and kids someday.

For sure. I mean really I probably could have just bought it without asking, but I figured since it’s a significant piece (both in size and price) it would be better to ask what she thought first.

She knew I wanted it badly and her thing is basically as long as it doesn’t impact our budget for actual needs I’m okay to buy things. Probably will change when we have a house and kids someday.
I really only had display place for one giant item. So I ended up selling off the Jabba/Slave Leia display and that's where the Delorean now sits. Wife clearly prefers the car. :lol

I really only had display place for one giant item. So I ended up selling off the Jabba/Slave Leia display and that's where the Delorean now sits. Wife clearly prefers the car. :lol
:lol

My wife even mentioned the Batmobile when I asked her about the DeLorean. I was like- haven’t decided if I’ll get that one or not yet but she knows I like Keaton Batman and thought I might end up with that one too. Then I’d really have to find space. Hopefully we’ll have a house within the next year or so and I’ll have more room.

The saga is finally over with my CC dispute with ToysWonderland. Because the transaction was over 120 days old, the CC company couldn't help me. So, that's a very valuable, and costly, lesson that everyone should learn. In our hobby, where nothing is delivered within 120 days, you essentially have no purchase protection on these orders.

I was able to get some money back for the shipping charge, which was earlier this year, but the actual charge for the product was too old. :cry:

The saga is finally over with my CC dispute with ToysWonderland. Because the transaction was over 120 days old, the CC company couldn't help me. So, that's a very valuable, and costly, lesson that everyone should learn. In our hobby, where nothing is delivered within 120 days, you essentially have no purchase protection on these orders.

I was able to get some money back for the shipping charge, which was earlier this year, but the actual charge for the product was too old. :cry:
Yes this is one reason I rarely preorder anymore. I got hit with the exact same problem a few years ago.

I wasn't able to go through every page on here but I remember having a hard time finding images of the batch 1 vs batch 2 wheel mechanism so I took 2 comparison images for anyone who might want to take a look. Anybody still having issues with the wheels after this change?

Batch 1:
View attachment 666636

Batch 2:
View attachment 666637
What was the problem with the Delorean wheels in Batch 1 vs Batch 2?

I just got one and wondering.

What was the problem with the Delorean wheels in Batch 1 vs Batch 2?

I just got one and wondering.
The first batch had a weaker arm mechanism that was prone to snapping when trying to extend/rotate the wheels. A fair amount of people unboxing theirs broke this piece and had to send theirs back for replacement. Those people (and future orders) received a new arm with a bit more reinforcement that seems to have resolved the issue. That said, the wheel extension and rotation is still a bit of a delicate process and care should be taken to ensure you've fully extended the wheels (and the cable is not in the way) before rotating them.

Here's a link to a post a few pages back where a member took photos of Batch 1 vs. Batch 2
https://www.collectorfreaks.com/thr...le-delorean-time-machine.245041/post-10959882

The first batch had a weaker arm mechanism that was prone to snapping when trying to extend/rotate the wheels. A fair amount of people unboxing theirs broke this piece and had to send theirs back for replacement. Those people (and future orders) received a new arm with a bit more reinforcement that seems to have resolved the issue. That said, the wheel extension and rotation is still a bit of a delicate process and care should be taken to ensure you've fully extended the wheels (and the cable is not in the way) before rotating them.

Here's a link to a post a few pages back where a member took photos of Batch 1 vs. Batch 2
https://www.collectorfreaks.com/thr...le-delorean-time-machine.245041/post-10959882
Is the arm removable easily?
I don’t have the issue. But I am tempted to take mine apart for mods. And I assume the arms have to come out for that.

Is the arm removable easily?
I don’t have the issue. But I am tempted to take mine apart for mods. And I assume the arms have to come out for that.

I'm not entirely sure. I don't think I've seen anyone remove it entirely in here yet though some people have modified the inner wheel lights and such. If anyone has actually removed it, I'd love to see some pics.

Anyone have any ideas for flame trails for the Delorean. I just got Part 2 and Part one Delorean and would love to add flame effects. Couldn't really find any leds...

Here's hoping.

Attachments

• images (1).jpeg
    images (1).jpeg
    4.9 KB · Views: 0
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 0
I remember someone made flames, using a hot glue gun and lighting them from underneath.
Might be a project. Haven't done led effects in a while... might ad well give it a shot.

Was hoping to find leds strips with flame effects. But nothing.

Might be a project. Haven't done led effects in a while... might ad well give it a shot.

Was hoping to find leds strips with flame effects. But nothing.
You can get great flickering flame LEDs, I used some for a fireplace in a haunted mansion playset. I'm sure you could line a few up for the same kind of effect.

Has anyone had any issues with the finish of their paint on their Delorean from normal handling? MK 1 or 2. From normal handling with bare hands.

I just got mine and wasn't too jazzed about lifting the hood every time to turn it on and off based on seeing a couple of breakages reported, so I put a little ball of Blu Tack on the top of the button and a little press on the hood now does all the on/off stuff. I'll replace that with some adhesive rubber that's a couple of mm's thick if I decide I want something more permanent.

I just want to know if the finish is prone to normal skin oil staining or not. I know everything will with enough handling, but it's usually only an issue when a finish hasn't been sealed properly.

Has anyone had fingerprint staining on any of the stainless metal paint areas?

Last edited:
Has anyone had any issues with the finish of their paint on their Delorean from normal handling? MK 1 or 2. From normal handling with bare hands.

I just got mine and wasn't too jazzed about lifting the hood every time to turn it on and off based on seeing a couple of breakages reported, so I put a little ball of Blu Tack on the top of the button and a little press on the hood now does all the on/off stuff. I'll replace that with some adhesive rubber that's a couple of mm's if I decide I want something more permanent.

I just want to know if the finish is prone to normal skin oil staining or not. I know everything will with enough handling, but it's usually only an issue when a finish hasn't been sealed properly.

Has anyone had fingerprint staining on any of the stainless metal paint areas?
Very good question. Too early to tell for me but lifting the hood is becoming a little annoying. I handle it right from the edge to avoid too much contact with its finish. Will probably space out the switch like you have done soon enough

Question regarding powering the lights.

I have tried multiple USB-C to USB-C cables to power bank and wall charger, but the Delorean does not light up.
Tried a USB-C to USB-A cable to power bank and wall charger, and both options light up.

Any thoughts as to what the issue is with the USB-C to USB-C connection and how to fix it? Thanks.

Question regarding powering the lights.

I have tried multiple USB-C to USB-C cables to power bank and wall charger, but the Delorean does not light up.
Tried a USB-C to USB-A cable to power bank and wall charger, and both options light up.

Any thoughts as to what the issue is with the USB-C to USB-C connection and how to fix it? Thanks.
Power bank - do you mean the usb-c connector on the Delorean? From your description and deductive reasoning, it sounds like you have an issue with your wall charger’s usb-c port. Is it a single charger with both an A and C port? Try another usb-c charger to eliminate a variable.

Power bank - do you mean the usb-c connector on the Delorean? From your description and deductive reasoning, it sounds like you have an issue with your wall charger’s usb-c port. Is it a single charger with both an A and C port? Try another usb-c charger to eliminate a variable.

Doing a bit of research, it looks like cheap manufacturing is the issue and there doesn't seem to be a a USB-C to USB-C cable that will work.

Reddit Post:

USB-A charging ports by default provide 5V to whatever is plugged in. USB-C charging ports don't.

USB-C charging ports can only charge devices that are capable of telling the charger what charging voltage they need. And in order to do this, these devices need to conform to the USB Power Delivery (PD) protocol, usually through the use of a PD controller IC/chip, which increases the BOM/cost.

As a result devices that are designed to be cheap and/or designed to only charge at 5V usually don't implement USB PD, and come with a USB-A to C charging cable in the box.

Last edited:
Back