Hot Toys Back to the Future II - 1/6th scale DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got any pics of that in place. Anyone got any ideas on keeping the cable stuck to the underside ? Would double sided tape be enough ?

I haven't got my Delorean yet, just thinking of stuff ahead of time.
The USB-C plug itself fits in there pretty snugly so it won’t fall out on its own. The right angle connector is better if you’re not going to use the stand because a straight connector (at least mine) requires bending the cord and it still applies pressure to the jack on the car.

Something like these might be worth looking at for running the cable to behind the car.

IMG_4557.jpeg
IMG_4558.jpeg

Unrelated - but is anyone else getting constantly bombarded with video ads while they’re trying to type a response on their phone (like right now for me)? There have been 8 while typing this.

The USB-C plug itself fits in there pretty snugly so it won’t fall out on its own. The right angle connector is better if you’re not going to use the stand because a straight connector (at least mine) requires bending the cord and it still applies pressure to the jack on the car.

Something like these might be worth looking at for running the cable to behind the car.

View attachment 661302View attachment 661303
Unrelated - but is anyone else getting constantly bombarded with video ads while they’re trying to type a response on their phone (like right now for me)? There have been 8 while typing this.
Yes, every time I’m on here lately. It’s annoying

Your best bet is to try and cancel that order, get your money back then order it from Popcultcha. It’s in stock right now.
Thank you very much ,!!
I do it .

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-09-09-01-35-32-102_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-09-09-01-35-32-102_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg
    357.5 KB · Views: 0
White seems to work fine. If clear isn’t possible, maybe even silver is better to blend a bit more?
View attachment 661760
Thanks for the underside pic. I wasn't sure how the cable would ideally run. But seems it can run straight onto the stand pretty easily.

A pity HT didn't allow for some cable clips or even a removable cover to hide the cable so it could disappear under the base and then escape towards the back wall or wherever from under the base.

Does that mirror work OK ?

I had it on my Sideshow wish list, and they sent me a notification this morning that it went in stock. I had a 10% off box code on my Luke Bespin I hadn't used, and it did work on this. The $25 off contest code also worked, but not both at the same time. The 10% off almost completely cancelled out the tax and shipping.

Can anyone sum up what the things are I should check when I get it to make sure nothing needs a replacement? And to hopefully confirm it is the "Version 2" new and improved edition? And what things might look bad but can be fixed with a home remedy? I just read about someone gluing a loose seat back in place. 😬

1694529099721.png

Thanks for the underside pic. I wasn't sure how the cable would ideally run. But seems it can run straight onto the stand pretty easily.

A pity HT didn't allow for some cable clips or even a removable cover to hide the cable so it could disappear under the base and then escape towards the back wall or wherever from under the base.

Here's what I did with my cord. I still plan to zip tie it to the clear riser, but I'm going to wait till the HT 89 Batmobile comes because I'll need to moved everything out the glass cabinet to get the Batmbobile in the bottom shelf.
20230912_101755.jpg
20230912_101841.jpg
20230912_101855.jpg
20230912_101809.jpg

Here's what I did with my cord. I still plan to zip tie it to the clear riser, but I'm going to wait till the HT 89 Batmobile comes because I'll need to moved everything out the glass cabinet to get the Batmbobile in the bottom shelf. View attachment 661939View attachment 661940View attachment 661941View attachment 661942
OK cool. That's also a decent way of doing it especially if you have it displayed against a wall. Then you don't really see that back side so much anyway. So cable can run along the back.

Here's what I did with my cord. I still plan to zip tie it to the clear riser, but I'm going to wait till the HT 89 Batmobile comes because I'll need to moved everything out the glass cabinet to get the Batmbobile in the bottom shelf. View attachment 661939View attachment 661940View attachment 661941View attachment 661942
Looks clean! What's your power source? I've got the same type of cord plugged in to a usb c wall adapter but the lights are very dim. However, they are perfectly bright with fresh batteries. The adapter can handle up to 20v and the car only needs 5 I believe

Looks clean! What's your power source? I've got the same type of cord plugged in to a usb c wall adapter but the lights are very dim. However, they are perfectly bright with fresh batteries. The adapter can handle up to 20v and the car only needs 5 I believe
Plugged into a usb/power adapter then into a surgeprotector power strip. 👍🏻

Hmmm. Have you tried swapping out cable and wall adapter? I have a no name USB-A to USB-C cable plugged into an old Apple iPhone wall adapter and it’s plenty bright even with the extra stuff I added for my light switch mod. USB should be giving you a steady 5v vs 4.5 out of the batteries.

You’re absolutely right. Hot toys seems to have kind of tried by giving us a slit for a cable but it was pretty half-assed.

The mirror for my purpose of seeing the under lights works pretty well. Only a few dollars from IKEA.
1694617111599.jpeg

I had it on my Sideshow wish list, and they sent me a notification this morning that it went in stock. I had a 10% off box code on my Luke Bespin I hadn't used, and it did work on this. The $25 off contest code also worked, but not both at the same time. The 10% off almost completely cancelled out the tax and shipping.

Can anyone sum up what the things are I should check when I get it to make sure nothing needs a replacement? And to hopefully confirm it is the "Version 2" new and improved edition? And what things might look bad but can be fixed with a home remedy? I just read about someone gluing a loose seat back in place. 😬

View attachment 661912
I was the one with the seat that had to be glued several posts back. Mine was the driver seat but I’ve seen a few pics of the passenger seat so that might be more common. Couple of drops of glue fixes that so no big deal.

The updated wheel mounts have a little circular dimple in the plastic opposite of the screw head where the wheel rotates under. I think the original mount was just a flat edge with no dimple.

Well, I finally bit the bullet and the Delorean should be shipping today or tomorrow.

I've already ordered most of the available aftermarket update sets to raise it to the next level. Looking forward to following the leads of those who shared their insights and steps to make it even more accurate.

My BTTF Pt.2 Delorean just blasted in, a few minutes ago!

I can't wait to check it out later this evening. Definitely want to make sure all is working as it should.

With the exception of one shipment, all of my updates have already arrived and waiting to be installed. I'm going to do some additional research before diving in. This will be my only example of the Time Machine so I want to go all out on it.

(Still in search of a decently priced Pt.2 Marty...)

Back