Hot Toys Back to the Future II - 1/6th scale DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the few time I didn’t buy a HT from KG. Decided to use a UK based store for the security and after sales factor.
Costs more and takes longer but at least I’m guaranteed not to get a first batch snap-waiting-to-happen version.
I did that with the Batmobile89, buy it in a local store, much cheaper shipping costs and no customs.

I was thinking about BTTF3 and it occurred to me there was an easy solution to their problem. What 1885 Doc should have done was to leave himself a note with the cave car, telling 55 Doc what happened when Marty travelled back to 1885. With the knowledge of the car being damaged upon arriving in 1885, 55 Doc would make sure to pack a spare fuel line and a jerrycan of gas. Assuming the damage was unavoidable, 1885 Doc would have the parts and gas needed for the return trip, so no need for the train.

I was thinking about BTTF3 and it occurred to me there was an easy solution to their problem. What 1885 Doc should have done was to leave himself a note with the cave car, telling 55 Doc what happened when Marty travelled back to 1885. With the knowledge of the car being damaged upon arriving in 1885, 55 Doc would make sure to pack a spare fuel line and a jerrycan of gas. Assuming the damage was unavoidable, 1885 Doc would have the parts and gas needed for the return trip, so no need for the train.
You could also make that same argument about the original film. Just tell 1955 Doc that when he invents the time machine, leave an extra pellet of plutonium hidden under the passenger seat. Then Marty just has to check the passenger seat and find it ready for him.

Doc had already put the Delorean in the mine at the point when Marty shows up in the modified car; I guess he could have returned to the mine after Marty successfully returns to 1985 to leave a note, but that wouldn’t that just create an alternate timeline ?
Best not to overthink these movies and just accept them as they are.

They don't expect the audience to think like that but your spot on. But bttf3 would have been a pretty short instalment and doc 'might' not of meet Clara when they were experimenting with the speed of the horses to pull the delorean.

I did that with the Batmobile89, buy it in a local store, much cheaper shipping costs and no customs.
??? dude if you buy from a local shop they still pay full customs and shipping from China. That cost is then passed on to you plus their markup and local shipping to your door.

Last edited:
Seems Sideshow complained a lot a year or so ago and got HT to supply them first for all figures.

So all other distributors globally are 3-4 months behind them. That sucks.

Yep. I bought a ROTJ Scout Trooper from them last year for $128. Great price but in the end wasn’t worth the delays and back and forth with them and wondering if they’d ever actually ship it. My first and last purchase from them.
They should never be the first, second or third option for anything, but I am honest. They have delivered everything, it takes them a long long looooooooooong time.

They are definitely resellers. I do wonder how they source their stock?

Recently, they have been taking a long time to email back. What used to be 48hrs, now takes over a week.

The real crazy part TW is actually how the real world financial markets work. A very close representation.

I'm holding out for at least a working discount code on this one, if possible. I used up all of my RPs earlier this month and have some pending but not enough to make a significant dent on the cost.

Just for comparison (YMMV): Popcultcha preorder price last July after applying a really good coupon code saved me $82 USD to my door (in the US) vs SS (where I typically purchase from). Downside is the wait time (turned out to be a benefit for this one) and a likely more costly return experience if needed. Was what amounts to be a list minus 10% worth it? Honestly, even if all goes well and it gets here with no issues - I’m not sure. Especially if spread out over a payment plan.

EDIT (7 September 2023):
Popcultcha found an error on the invoice in my favor so my net savings on this purchase (over SS) was $152 USD. So, I’ll have to call it “worth the wait” for me - especially since it arrived in great shape.

Last edited:
Back