Hot Toys Back to the Future II - 1/6th scale DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in the same boat, but I'm not worried. We knew there were issues with the wheel assembly and seats etc, so I'm fine to wait a bit longer to ensure I get one from the fixed batches.

I enquired on status a few weeks ago, and they said Aug/Sept. So considering people ordering from SS have probably all got theirs, I shouldn't be too far away now.

Are you saying Toys Wonderland told you it was due in Aug/Sept?

Are you saying Toys Wonderland told you it was due in Aug/Sept?
Yes, they said they expect them from their supplier end of August. So I'd assume delivery would be sometime in September.

I know their delivery times can be dubious, but I think in those cases they assign the delivery/shipping number sometimes before the items even arrive.

In any case, considering people in the US have been receiving their DeLoreans with improved wheel rotation and no loose seats, I'd expect the end Aug - September to somewhat match up time wise.

Yes, they said they expect them from their supplier end of August. So I'd assume delivery would be sometime in September.

I know their delivery times can be dubious, but I think in those cases they assign the delivery/shipping number sometimes before the items even arrive.

In any case, considering people in the US have been receiving their DeLoreans with improved wheel rotation and no loose seats, I'd expect the end Aug - September to somewhat match up time wise.

Hmm, I've been asking them for an update for a while now and have only gotten AI-generated responses that don't actually answer my question.

Hmm, I've been asking them for an update for a while now and have only gotten AI-generated responses that don't actually answer my question.
Not sure how they work that, but I seem to have gotten a response from Killian. I haven't asked in a while so perhaps they can somehow see how many emails people send ?

In any case I'll write something here if I get any movement on my order.

I emailed ToysWonderland last week, no response yet. I am planning to move to another state, paid for shipping when they "claimed" in January, they expect it soo...lol

Of course I am worried if they will deliver. To defend TW, everything I ordered I have gotten, but lets say I ordered 20 items, 8 of them had issues where they didn't ship it due to errors on "their" end.

Only reason they shipped it is I had to pay them more and I had to contact them months later after I realized the items have not shipped. So about 40% of items I have had trouble receiving, but did receive them.

Not sure how they work that, but I seem to have gotten a response from Killian. I haven't asked in a while so perhaps they can somehow see how many emails people send ?

In any case I'll write something here if I get any movement on my order.

Are you emailing sales@toyswonderland or cs@toyswonderland?

I'd been emailing sales, they kept pushing back the delivery date. Then I got a response from sales saying that that email address was "only for shipping options selection" and they told me to email cs, and ever since then, I've gotten automated replies that don't actually answer my question.

At first I asked "When is my order going to ship?" and the response was literally "Please sit back and relax", and it just contained general language like "we are working as fast as we can" you could tell it was just an auto-response. Then when I said that response wasn't acceptable and said "ship my order or refund my money" they response with general language about their cancellation policy, which makes no sense because they've been stringing me along for 6 months now, and they link me to their policy that doesn't allow cancellations after 30 days. Like, no freakin' duh.

I've gotten responses from about 6 different names over there. I don't believe, for a second, that they have more than 2 or 3 people working there. They're not some massive operation like BBTS or Sideshow that actually has a CS department, but they sure are trying hard to make it seem that way.

Are you emailing sales@toyswonderland or cs@toyswonderland?

I'd been emailing sales, they kept pushing back the delivery date. Then I got a response from sales saying that that email address was "only for shipping options selection" and they told me to email cs, and ever since then, I've gotten automated replies that don't actually answer my question.

At first I asked "When is my order going to ship?" and the response was literally "Please sit back and relax", and it just contained general language like "we are working as fast as we can" you could tell it was just an auto-response. Then when I said that response wasn't acceptable and said "ship my order or refund my money" they response with general language about their cancellation policy, which makes no sense because they've been stringing me along for 6 months now, and they link me to their policy that doesn't allow cancellations after 30 days. Like, no freakin' duh.

I've gotten responses from about 6 different names over there. I don't believe, for a second, that they have more than 2 or 3 people working there. They're not some massive operation like BBTS or Sideshow that actually has a CS department, but they sure are trying hard to make it seem that way.
It was [email protected].

Agreed with the names, probably only one guy working there. I must have got him on a good day :)

But I've heard of others also having issues going on for weeks/months.

Kghobby coming......
Yup. There you go! :lol
Capture.JPG

I just got my DeLorean yesterday. I checked the seats and wheel axles and they are good. One issue I found is one of the wheels, I can't extend all the way out to do the flight mode. I looked closer and noticed the assembly might be wrong and assembled upside down. The wire is too short when trying to pull all the way out.

The other three wheels look like this:

53130600366_8b4876fe10_b.jpg

You noticed the wire showing on the issue wheel? I think its upside down and when pull out the wire is too short causing the tension.

53130005252_0fc4f66756_b.jpg

53131083453_47de5976f1_b.jpg

I wonder I can take the wheel off and just reassemble it to address the issue. I looked at Danoby2's vidoe , to take off the wheel, I need to take off the hub cap. Might be tricky.

Last edited:
I just got my DeLorean yesterday. I checked the seats and wheel axles and they are good. One issue I found is one of the wheels, I can't extend all the way out to do the flight mode. I looked closer and noticed the assembly might be wrong and assembled upside down. The wire is too short when trying to pull all the way out.

The other three wheels look like this:

53130600366_8b4876fe10_b.jpg

You noticed the wire showing on the issue wheel? I think its upside down and when pull out the wire is too short causing the tension.

53130005252_0fc4f66756_b.jpg

53131083453_47de5976f1_b.jpg

I wonder I can take the wheel off and just reassemble it to address the issue. I looked at Danoby2's vidoe , to take off the wheel, I need to take off the hub cap. Might be tricky.
Where did you get it from?
I had the exact same issue and got it replaced from Sideshow.
And yours look like the first version that had a some issues. I wonder why they sent you the old version.

I got the hubcap removed and fixed the wheel issue. I got this copy from Facebook group. It is batch 2 for sure as it have the indent on the axle.

Is there any word on Delorean shipments by Toyswonderland?? At the moment they have always complied with the shipments.

Back