Hot Toys Back to the Future II - 1/6th scale DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ksteezy
Great pics! Thanks!
No problems at all to convert to hover mode?

None at all with mines, it was a bit nerve wrecking simply because first time around you don’t really know how much pressure is too much in order to pull them out, once you do tho, it’s fine…I basically put the car on the flight stand first so that is elevated and using both hands I pulled each wheel…used my thumbs to leverage on the fenders and used my other fingers to apply pressure outwards evenly….not sure if that is making sense to anyone lol

None at all with mines, it was a bit nerve wrecking simply because first time around you don’t really know how much pressure is too much in order to pull them out, once you do tho, it’s fine…I basically put the car on the flight stand first so that is elevated and using both hands I pulled each wheel…used my thumbs to leverage on the fenders and used my other fingers to apply pressure outwards evenly….not sure if that is making sense to anyone lol

Yes, I can totally understand what you meant.
Thanks for sharing!

I was thinking white. But are there clear cables too ?? Great idea !
This was my thought too, great idea though I can't really find any "clear" ones that aren't just a shielded white. I suppose that's to be expected, the insides can't be totally clear given the wire and there ARE some that appear in the pics to be a sort of frosted clear, but it's hard to tell from Amazon listing and such. Might have to try a few to find the right one to blend into the legs but it'll be worth it.

Does anyone have the dimensions of this in flight mode with doors up (or closed) ?

Am just thinking about display options and display covers.

Does anyone have the dimensions of this in flight mode with doors up (or closed) ?

Am just thinking about display options and display covers.
The highest point with the passenger door up and measured from bottom to the mirror facing up is 22”

Attachments

• 993E4953-E3F9-4367-B0ED-8E9173CAB570.jpeg
    993E4953-E3F9-4367-B0ED-8E9173CAB570.jpeg
    360.2 KB · Views: 0
OK excellent thanks !! That's damn high !

A pity the stand isn't somehow variable in height.
I’m hoping to see 3D printed modified stands at some point. That’s going to be a big hit. Imagine having a mirrored base with attachment points for the mounts. Being unable to see the cool undercarriage lights has always been a bummer.

I’m hoping to see 3D printed modified stands at some point. That’s going to be a big hit. Imagine having a mirrored base with attachment points for the mounts. Being unable to see the cool undercarriage lights has always been a bummer.
Could someone please measure the hole diameter and depth in the stand. I'm assuming it is a round hole with straight edges.

I'm wondering if I can do away with the base and plug the stands into the floor of the display directly.

Just saw this. Interesting no word about the wheels. However perhaps that's what they mean about cracking ?

At least HT are fixing it. I'm happy to wait to get a fixed product.

Screenshot 2023-04-14 at 15.02.08.png

Hmm, the only hopeful part is if their interpretation of the wheel mechanism translates to ‘the stand’ which seems unlikely.

Sounds more like they’re ignoring the actual fundamental design flaw and most prevalent issue and will instead only address the loose seats by dabbing on a couple of extra drops of cheap glue.

If HT were upgrading/fixing the wheel mechanism, they’d have to either recall all of batch one or send out replacement parts and instructions to everyone who purchased already and then deal with the outrage, inability or principled-opposition of people who either can’t or won’t replace anything themselves for whatever reason.

Hmm, the only hopeful part is if their interpretation of the wheel mechanism translates to ‘the stand’ which seems unlikely.

Sounds more like they’re ignoring the actual fundamental design flaw and most prevalent issue and will instead only address the loose seats by dabbing on a couple of extra drops of cheap glue.

If HT were upgrading/fixing the wheel mechanism, they’d have to either recall all of batch one or send out replacement parts and instructions to everyone who purchased already and then deal with the outrage, inability or principled-opposition of people who either can’t or won’t replace anything themselves for whatever reason.
Don't over think it. I've seen some pretty bad translations come out of China. The wheel was the biggest issue highlighted by pretty much every YouTuber who had a first batch vehicle, they're surely addressing that.

People who have an issue have had the chance to send it back, which many have. It's what the first batch was originally planned for, to catch any quality issues not found by HT QC.

I'm confident they'll fix the wheel. It's a small mould which could be re-done with a new design. No biggie imo.

Just saw this. Interesting no word about the wheels. However perhaps that's what they mean about cracking ?

At least HT are fixing it. I'm happy to wait to get a fixed product.

View attachment 633709

Who posted that? It reads as though a retailer posted it. I'd be skeptical of any statement like that unless it came from Hot Toys themselves. It sounds like a retailer is trying to tell customers "Order from us because our batch will be perfect and other stores will sell you one that cracks"

Being realistic, when was the last time Hot Toys actually fixed anything? The Iron Man Tony headsculpt, which they didn't even really fix, they just re-issued an older headsculpt that wasn't jacked up.

Who posted that? It reads as though a retailer posted it. I'd be skeptical of any statement like that unless it came from Hot Toys themselves. It sounds like a retailer is trying to tell customers "Order from us because our batch will be perfect and other stores will sell you one that cracks"

Being realistic, when was the last time Hot Toys actually fixed anything? The Iron Man Tony headsculpt, which they didn't even really fix, they just re-issued an older headsculpt that wasn't jacked up.
They fixed the wheels, but made them worse somehow? If they continue to be super fragile with future batches im basically gonna cancel my order.

I just watched a video where the plastic was breaking like putty as he was turning the wheel.

Last edited:
I just watched a video where the plastic was breaking like putty as he was turning the wheel.
Turning the wheel, like a rolling action? Or pulling it out/extending the axles to transform into flight mode?

Because the wheels are not made to rotate. This Delorean does not roll. The front wheels will move left to right slightly, so you can pose the vehicle turning though.

Back