Hot Toys Back to the Future II - 1/6th scale DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The description on Sideshow's site mentions that the dash and time circuits light up which is a big improvement over V1. I'm sure this will become the more desirable version 5 years from now.
you're right:
Interior design features:
  • Cabin controls with LED light up function including dashboard, Time Circuits Display, overhead panels, flux capacitor, and system display

but didn't they say something like that last time? IDK. got my order in @ SS. it would be a collecting sin if i missed out on this a second time. I've read all the threads, youtube comments and watched all the videos. The first one is a legendary piece. i understand the praise and criticism. i think it's possibly HT's best piece and thats saying a lot because the MMS line is arguably the greatest line in the hobby, only challenged by Randy's Marvel fs & MB Lines.

this is going to be my first HT piece :ROFLMAO:

Ultimately these things are designed to be looked at on a shelf. No one should be zooming them around on the floor like a five year old.
This is funny, Sugo Toys have dropped their retail and reduced price nearly $300AU to more closely match Popcultcha’s starting price

View attachment 564088
Being in Sydney, I was hoping Sugo would be a good alternative to Popcultcha and was waiting to see when they'd both be offering it.
Unfortunately this killed Sugo for me. I've already ordered via Popcultcha as they offered the lowest price right off the bat so will stick with them.

Is the DF120 the case where you could theoretically fit two 1/6 vehicles in the same case (with the shelf in the middle)?

I bought some MAX cases during the end of 2020 - it took about 14-months before they arrived in the LA port to be ready to shipped to me.

Due to various reasons, I ended up deferring my paid order last month so ModuCase ended up fulfilling other collector's orders.

Hopefully the turnaround is shorter now, as I probably will put in my request again.
For me personally, I would just buy another df120 rather than try to jam 2 1/6 vehicles in 1 case.

no offense to anyone here and I have to do it as well for a lot of my figures, but when 3 or more figures are jammed in a detolf it looks like ****. I've seen people who have their detolfs really close together which kind of makes them look like 1 continuous shelf though so that is a remedy.

With figures routinely running over $200 and nearly $300, its time to ditch those detolfs and invest in a wall of moducases or something similar.

Earlier there was a post that showed a delorean in one of those clip together acrylic cases, I bought a couple of those from
LED Lit Display Cases | Display Cases For Collectibles | Premium Display Cases

They are OK for legos but I dont think I would use them for something nice, thats just me.

Being in Sydney, I was hoping Sugo would be a good alternative to Popcultcha and was waiting to see when they'd both be offering it.
Unfortunately this killed Sugo for me. I've already ordered via Popcultcha as they offered the lowest price right off the bat so will stick with them.
Should have got it from Sugotoys. Don't forget you also collect points from purchasing (worth about $29.25 AUD) which brings the total cost down to $1140.70 AUD. I find they also tend to get stock earlier than popcultcha.

Ultimately these things are designed to be looked at on a shelf. No one should be zooming them around on the floor like a five year old.

I and others had messaged Sugo to match Popcultcha’s price. And the next day they did. As far as turnarounds go, that’s not half bad.

Also note, Sugo will always match any prices that you give to them. They once even matched a Toys Wonderland price for me (plus shipping to Australia) on a Hot Toys figure, which ended up something like $250 lower…. and this was 3 months after I had already preordered through them. So they already had my money and still matched it.

Should have got it from Sugotoys. Don't forget you also collect points from purchasing (worth about $29.25 AUD) which brings the total cost down to $1140.70 AUD. I find they also tend to get stock earlier than popcultcha.

For me rewards are better through Popcultcha. With Popcultcha you can essentially get $50 off on every $875 spent, so that’s about 5.71%. So I often use them on low cost items and essentially only pay the shipping. And if you’ve got 2000 pennies ($1,000 spent) you can get 10% off which often makes products even cheaper than the Sideshows retail cost, and we also get free shipping on items above $100.

Whereas with Sugo it’s only 2.5%. Also keep in mind that their rewards aren’t always tallied up correctly. At least for me, and now they no longer keep any records on their website for the rewards.…. Probably got sick of people like me, asking them to top it up, as they don’t always add up those rewards on the deposits paid.

For me rewards are better through Popcultcha. With Popcultcha you can essentially get $50 off on every $875 spent, so that’s about 5.71%. So I often use them on low cost items and essentially only pay the shipping. And if you’ve got 2000 pennies ($1,000 spent) you can get 10% off which often makes products even cheaper than the Sideshows retail cost, and we also get free shipping on items above $100.

Whereas with Sugo it’s only 2.5%. Also keep in mind that their rewards aren’t always tallied up correctly. At least for me, and now they no longer keep any records on their website for the rewards.…. Probably got sick of people like me, asking them to top it up, as they don’t always add up those rewards on the deposits paid.
I was about to say the same thing. I always email Popcultcha to convert my rewards points once figures come in and i always seem to end up with 10% off the next purchase. I keep saying I’m going to dump them because they are the slowest but … 10%.

I was about to say the same thing. I always email Popcultcha to convert my rewards points once figures come in and i always seem to end up with 10% off the next purchase. I keep saying I’m going to dump them because they are the slowest but … 10%.

Yup Popcultcha used to be terrible with activating their rewards once the order ships. But I believe for the past year or so, they now reward you with the pennies immediately after placing your preorder! So for old orders you might have to chance them for rewards, but for anything new it’s already been rewarded.

you're right:
Interior design features:
  • Cabin controls with LED light up function including dashboard, Time Circuits Display, overhead panels, flux capacitor, and system display

but didn't they say something like that last time? IDK. got my order in @ SS. it would be a collecting sin if i missed out on this a second time. I've read all the threads, youtube comments and watched all the videos. The first one is a legendary piece. i understand the praise and criticism. i think it's possibly HT's best piece and thats saying a lot because the MMS line is arguably the greatest line in the hobby, only challenged by Randy's Marvel fs & MB Lines.

this is going to be my first HT piece :ROFLMAO:
This is what the press for MMS260 said, it wasn’t *quite* as specific:

Exterior features:
  • - Six (6) front LED lights
    - Eight (8) rear LED lights
    - Meticulously crafted exterior with cable wires across the body and detailed structure of the DeLorean time machine engine deck
    - Functional gull-wing doors
    - Turnable front wheels
  • Interior features:
    - Two (2) seaters
    - One (1) flux capacitor with LED light-up function
    - One (1) set of time circuits
    - Detailed components with LED light-up function

This is what the press for MMS260 said, it wasn’t *quite* as specific:

Exterior features:
  • - Six (6) front LED lights
    - Eight (8) rear LED lights
    - Meticulously crafted exterior with cable wires across the body and detailed structure of the DeLorean time machine engine deck
    - Functional gull-wing doors
    - Turnable front wheels
  • Interior features:
    - Two (2) seaters
    - One (1) flux capacitor with LED light-up function
    - One (1) set of time circuits
    - Detailed components with LED light-up function

So there is hope that this time we will get them...

I'm pretty miffed at Sugo's pricing lately, yet another example of trying it on, I mean what were they thinking? I preordered at PC as well, but I have no choice with the Queen and Infinity pieces as they are the only Oz seller.

Is the DF120 the case where you could theoretically fit two 1/6 vehicles in the same case (with the shelf in the middle)?...
Theoretically, yes. With a total hight of 65 cm, there's less than a foot in hight per compartment. But yes, you can buy and install an additional full-shelf. They also have half-shelfs btw.
df120fullshelf__28363.1604726941.jpg

I bought some MAX cases during the end of 2020 - it took about 14-months before they arrived in the LA port to be ready to shipped to me.
True, their turnaround times are bad, or at least they used to be. It's been a while since my last purchase from them, so I don't know if they have improved on that front, as they had promised.

I couldn’t resist and used my pennies on a 10% off coupon at Popcultcha. After the $100 deposit I’m now down to $950 dollary doos ($680 yankee beans). Free delivery too.

Last edited:
PS Kghobby’s price is pretty competitive too but the shipping hurts a bit.
I got a KG quote (to the U.K.) of HKD1650 EMS and HKD700 via sea Mail which makes for an overall very good price- but I’m not willing to risk the customs aggro and lack of aftersales support so I bought domestic from Collectibles Direct using £30 worth of points I had + another £10 off for paying full price.

Total spend = £765
Not the absolute cheapest out there but pretty decent all things considered and it’s the option I’m most comfortable with.

Here’s hoping for that light-up dashboard!

I'm pretty miffed at Sugo's pricing lately, yet another example of trying it on, I mean what were they thinking? I preordered at PC as well, but I have no choice with the Queen and Infinity pieces as they are the only Oz seller.

I’m in pretty much the same situation.

But for quite a few Hot Toys figures I’ve saved hundreds of dollars from cancelling my preorders with Popcultcha and getting them from Sugo instead. As from time to time they’ll have pieces that have just arrived in stock which are substantially lower than what I‘ve even ended up paying Popcultcha (and that’s usually 81% of Popcultcha listed price with 2 lots of 10% discounts stacked).

For example I‘ve saved quite a bit just on the 2x Gauntlets, 1/4 scale figures and die-cast figures….. so usually on the higher charged items that for whatever reason have received substantial discounts of hundreds of Aussie dollars.

And because Sugo is likely to receive items earlier, it allows me to shop around if savings can be made.

Heck I just saw Popcultcha list a recent item (Toothless) for $300, and I’ve already preordered that months earlier at Sugo for $180 AUD. So you can never be too sure on which one will be cheaper.

So happy to see this released.

I missed out on the OG due to credit card expiring and me forgetting to update.

I have all the other figures so am really keen to add this to the collection. I’ve managed to pick up a v1 for retail today as well! Most people would think I am crazy but am really keen to display them just like the movie posters. Here’s to hoping we get a v3 as well!

I hope that if they do release v2s of the BTTF2 figures, any additional items (if any) can be purchased separately. I am really annoyed I can’t get the Einstein from the BTTF1 re-release and I don’t really want to purchase duplicate figures just to get some cool additions.

I am a HUGE back to the future fan so I need them all - haha.

I too got this from pop cultcha and was able to leverage the 10% coupon from the pre order of the BTTF3 figures and BTTF1 Doc. Came out super cheap!

Theoretically, yes. With a total hight of 65 cm, there's less than a foot in hight per compartment. But yes, you can buy and install an additional full-shelf. They also have half-shelfs btw.
View attachment 564166

True, their turnaround times are bad, or at least they used to be. It's been a while since my last purchase from them, so I don't know if they have improved on that front, as they had promised.
Do you know if the total height of 65 cm are the inner or outer dimensions?
:unsure:

Back