Hot Toys Back to the Future II - 1/6th scale DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm giving it serious consideration myself.....as I seem to be with a lot of things lately.

This is what happens, 3 figures that even the disciplined, money-saving me was always planning to get - Endgame Loki, Batman Forever Batman & Robin - all come out in quick succession and suddenly I'm hit with the Hot Toy-bug again and I'm thinking ''sure what's the harm in keeping the money-saving venture on hiatus just a bit longer''.

Space is an issue, true, getting this would make that situation worse....but only until I get my arse in gear and get rid of the stuff I want rid of. Other people do this all the time, so must I.

If I do get it I'll likely rebuy the MMS257 Marty to go with it. When the dust settled I realized I prefer that one over the newer one. And I'm not fussed about getting BTTFII Marty and Doc. I wouldn't be going completist - only representing BTTF at 1/6. I'd get the Part III figures though because it seems NECA won't be making them for the 1/10 line....neither a Delorean and thus my rejuvenated interest in maybe getting this Hot Toys one afterall.
I am getting less and less happy with NECA.

Prices are 35usd or so, heads are 50/50 in terms of likeness, joints break and so on.

Hence I am done with 7" scale and even 6 in h. Just 1/6 now due to above factors.

I am getting less and less happy with NECA.

Prices are 35usd or so, heads are 50/50 in terms of likeness, joints break and so on.

Hence I am done with 7" scale and even 6 in h. Just 1/6 now due to above factors.
I love NECA but what I would regard as their best years appear to be over. They found a juggernaught-seller in TMNT and other cartoon and videogame licenses which now utterly dominate. A similar pattern to Hot Toys really, just not at the same time (and with Hot Toys it was obviously Iron Mans, Spidermans, Star Wars troopers and Mandalorians).

Last edited:
I love NECA but what I would regard as their best years appear to be over. They found a juggernaught-seller in TMNT and other cartoon and videogame licenses which now utterly dominate. A similar pattern to Hot Toys really, just not at the same time (and with Hot Toys it was obviously Iron Mans, Spidermans, Star Wars troopers and Mandalorians).
That's a good way of stating it. Their best years are over. The Price and Value are no longer really there. Many figures are 35 plus and they do nothing but Turtles interms of new exciting things.

I really think NECA was hurt immensely by ToysRUS and unfortunately, they no longer do much new movie licenses beyond MEGO.

They no longer do 1/4 scales beyond TMNT.

Statuesque is £9.50 cheaper than CD (may be less rewards points). Both are good retailers, I go with the cheapest when it's between either of them.

https://statuesqueltd.co.uk/back-to-the-future-movie-vehicle-16-delorean-time-machine-72-cm.html
Damn- Everywhere’s upped there prices since it first went up for PO.

I found the list I made when trying to determine where I should order from.

DeLorean Prices

U.K. stores
- One Sixth Paradise (Facebook group) £729 with slowest shipping
- Comics and Cocktails: £789.99 free shipping, payment plan upon request
- Collectibles Direct: £805 free shipping, payment plan (-£30 reward points)
- Statuesque: £809.99 free shipping, payment plan
- Sonner Toys: £819.99 free shipping
- Nerd Toys: £839.99 + large item shipping
- Movie Figures: £875 free shipping, payment plan
- Planet Action Figures: £999.99 free shipping

International
- Toys Buying Agent: £638 (£527 + £125.67 Shipping - £14 discount code) + potential £145+ customs fee
- Sideshow: £723.23 (£625.85 + £97.38 shipping) likely £160+ customs fee
- OneSixthKit: £866.55 + potential customs

Obviously didn’t consider Toys Wonderland. I’m not crazy!

300 plus shipping is a lot from Toys Wonderland. Crazy....

I will choose the cheapest most likely since it's around 150 bucks "only," but very worried about what happens if it gets lost. I have a couple weeks to pay shipping, so I have sometime to weigh all options.

So which is better in everyones opinion
this or the V1?
From the car and aesthetic wise, it's V1 better silhouette overall, never like the Mr.Fusion because it hurts the aerodynamic and stood very high, makes it look goofy in a way. Most of the machinery detail also lost now that it was covered with a big plate of steel that support Mr.Fusion.

regarding the toys themselves (besides the wheel features) on the other hand the whole upgrade is what HT supposed to do with their V1.
colorful wiring, light up time circuit and plutonium panel.

Not to sound ungrateful, but I really wish HT had found a way to keep the wheel struts closer to how they looked in the movie, instead of coming up with their own weird blocky shape. I'm sure that was done to make them a lot sturdier and allow for the wiring to pass through, but the movie struts just looked so much cooler.

2196_00004A.jpg

324862978_679863423925255_1797364252099185846_n.jpg

Everywhere the prices are much higher then when it was on pre-order. Do you think the prices will drop or is it going to stay how it is? I do not want to risk waiting and missing out again

Not to sound ungrateful, but I really wish HT had found a way to keep the wheel struts closer to how they looked in the movie, instead of coming up with their own weird blocky shape. I'm sure that was done to make them a lot sturdier and allow for the wiring to pass through, but the movie struts just looked so much cooler.

View attachment 617467
View attachment 617469
Yeah clip on or magnetised pieces could have worked. Maybe a 3D print option ??

I thought only Sideshow played these shenanigans. I don't think that's a good tactic to pull on the day of release though, they could potentially lose a ton of sales. I'm guessing they played it close to the chest and only got in a few, but they will probably order a second batch.

Are we thinking this thing is going to sit around for long?
It sure will. Vehicles sit. See the tumbler, Bat-Pod, both speeder bike and scout sets. Hulkbuster deluxe (if you consider that a vehicle) was in stock at SS for a couple years.

I decided to hold onto the part 2 set and really would love this but dam space it takes up, not to mention Inart joker dropping. 😂 Actually prefer part 2 set over part 1.

My guess is we'll see a reissue in a few years going by their logic.

Part 1 Marty only followed by delorean
The part 2 then 6 years later bring out the delorean 😂

Everywhere the prices are much higher then when it was on pre-order. Do you think the prices will drop or is it going to stay how it is? I do not want to risk waiting and missing out again
Did the price go up at Sideshow? I don't remember what the preorder price was initially.

I'm giving it serious consideration myself.....as I seem to be with a lot of things lately.

This is what happens, 3 figures that even the disciplined, money-saving me was always planning to get - Endgame Loki, Batman Forever Batman & Robin - all come out in quick succession and suddenly I'm hit with the Hot Toy-bug again and I'm thinking ''sure what's the harm in keeping the money-saving venture on hiatus just a bit longer''.

Space is an issue, true, getting this would make that situation worse....but only until I get my arse in gear and get rid of the stuff I want rid of. Other people do this all the time, so must I.

If I do get it I'll likely rebuy the MMS257 Marty to go with it. When the dust settled I realized I prefer that one over the newer one. And I'm not fussed about getting BTTFII Marty and Doc. I wouldn't be going completist - only representing BTTF at 1/6. I'd get the Part III figures though because it seems NECA won't be making them for the 1/10 line....neither a Delorean and thus my rejuvenated interest in maybe getting this Hot Toys one afterall.
Yeah, ive been chipping away at my collection, I think this year most of my Nolan Bats stuff will go, trying to concentrate on 80s/90s things.

Back