Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah sorry I misunderstood. That would be nice. A decent add on pack.

But this is HT afterall. I imagine a whole other version would follow, if anything at all.

But this is HT afterall. I imagine a whole other version would follow, if anything at all.

Of course.
But part of me reckons a $200 add on pack of lightning cable/BTTF2 displays for the time circuits and a mr fusion might not be off the table if the car only comes as is.

I am more open to that suggestion seeing as HT did that recent Tony Stark pack, even if that is marvel.

Hell I'm still trying to even afford this as if however! :lol

I am more open to that suggestion seeing as HT did that recent Tony Stark pack, even if that is marvel.

Hell I'm still trying to even afford this as if however! :lol

I have one of those little coin counting jars that counts the money you put in with a digital display. I have been saving up just for the Delorean ever since it went up for preorder.
And i never touch that jar, lol.
I've wanted a studio scale Delorean ever since seeing the original movie(Even though i didn't know the term back then).

Well played that man! :duff

Oh I'm the same. Trust me: no way I will not get this. Only vehicle I have ever wanted. :)

Me too.
It's a grail piece. Even if i have to buy three of them...

BTTF-Film-Set.jpg

ilm+back+to+the+future+miniatures+delorean.jpg

Are those props 1/6 scale? If so then this car just became even more desirable.

As far as I know, the flying miniatures were all 1/6. Or close to it. I never dreamed we'd have a licenced version.

I imagine that is pretty damn close to the size of this.

Thanks for the photos. Makes me more excited. :rock

yeah. I have had those pics for years. They are great. Gives you an idea of the scale of the D.

Realistically though Hot Toys doesn't do a lot of vehicles or really large items so I think that the DeLorean would have to sell extremely well for them to even consider doing a second one. I think that they're smart enough to realize that most collectors who are hardcore enough to buy this in the first place are likely only going to buy one. That's why I still think that add on packs would make sense but I guess we'll see what happens.

Realistically though Hot Toys doesn't do a lot of vehicles or really large items so I think that the DeLorean would have to sell extremely well for them to even consider doing a second one. I think that they're smart enough to realize that most collectors who are hardcore enough to buy this in the first place are likely only going to buy one. That's why I still think that add on packs would make sense but I guess we'll see what happens.

Very true, but even if they don't make the other 2 version of the car this one is still more than I could of ever asked for at this point. I think about my DeLorean just about every day and cant wait until I finally get that box at my door.

Budget Stark put a video on youtube showing the most current hot toys schedule and the delorean is listed under the heading "figures not mentioned on the updated list". I don't want to be an alarmist but I wonder what in the hell this means?

It's not updated? :lol

Dude chill, the thing probably doesn't have an actual release date set but just a rough estimate

It's not updated? :lol

Dude chill, the thing probably doesn't have an actual release date set but just a rough estimate

I'm calm but I hope this doesn't mean that it might be delayed past the estimated release date of march 2016. It was announced in fall of 2014, I would think a year and a half would be enough time. That said I'll wait about as long it takes. Marty and this are probably my most wanted items at this point.

I'm hoping I can get enough rewards points to at least cover half the cost of this if not a bit more. Right now I'm up to around $240 so need some more. :lol

Well I hope you're not buying stuff you wouldn't otherwise have bought anyway just to build up rewards points, that would seem self-defeating :lol

Well I hope you're not buying stuff you wouldn't otherwise have bought anyway just to build up rewards points, that would seem self-defeating :lol
:lol Nah, those have been stocked up for a while. I used to just use them right away but I've been saving these for around a year or so. Between normal purchase, Spooktacular, and extra rewards on certain figures I've accumulated a decent amount.

Back