Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maxresdefault.jpg

What?

cool pic, but the convertible is a waist of an iconic car, They took the one thing that makes a Delorean a... Deloreaon away, that being the gullwing doors. Buuut that just my opinion. :wink1:

cool pic, but the convertible is a waist of an iconic car, They took the one thing that makes a Delorean a... Deloreaon away, that being the gullwing doors. Buuut that just my opinion. :wink1:

Totally agree. I'd think it was a mid-80's mustang convertible if I drove past it.

I think one of those is actually a hovercraft if I remember correctly.

Are there any cases at IKEA that would work to display this and Marty? I need to start looking into finding something.

Are there any cases at IKEA that would work to display this and Marty? I need to start looking into finding something.

Great question! I was th8nking the same thing, displaying the DeL and Marty in a separate case with lighting.

I used an Ikea Granas table to make my display case for the '89 Batmobile but it's long since been discontinued. Not sure what you could use now. Check Craiglist for the Granas tables. That's how I found mine and got it cheap.

I've been weighing my options. I can't decide if I want to build a diorama representing the movie poster, maybe something from twin pines or another scene in the movie.

The other option would be a bottom lit display, no dioramma, just emphasis on the car and marty.

Either way the table will be custom built or a repurposed coffee table

No fancy display case here- just got a cabinet from IKEA and have put a BTTF poster on the wall behind it. Currently occupied by the 1/18 Hot Wheels car and a couple of Pop! vinyls. Waiting for the 1/18 car to expand come March '16 :)

delorean2 (Small).jpg

55DBCA2A-1440-4752-973F-4F85820A4FB8_zpscgxjrvxl.jpgsadly I'm a bit ahead. Planning a twin pines mall theme.

Just need a fricken Deloran and Mr mcFly

I've got the same set up with the two Funkos and the 1/18th Delorean. Mine's from BBTF 1 with the rod though. Great minds think alike.

No fancy display case here- just got a cabinet from IKEA and have put a BTTF poster on the wall behind it. Currently occupied by the 1/18 Hot Wheels car and a couple of Pop! vinyls. Waiting for the 1/18 car to expand come March '16 :)

View attachment 177508

I've got the same set up with the two Funkos and the 1/18th Delorean. Mine's from BBTF 1 with the rod though. Great minds think alike.

Sunstar model? I quite like the look of that one too. The original Delorean is my favourite for sure.

Back