Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
one thing that really bugs me is that the silver paintwork looks so dull. it's supposed to look like brushed metal. from the video and certain pics it doesn't even look metallic.

one thing that really bugs me is that the silver paintwork looks so dull. it's supposed to look like brushed metal. from the video and certain pics it doesn't even look metallic.

"Prototype shown, final product may (and most defintely will) vary"

"Prototype shown, final product may (and most defintely will) vary"

the prototype is supposed to represent the best possible version of the product. so far, in more than a few shots and videos of the paintwork, it looks anything but metal-like. this is a bloody expensive collectible, so ht better get it right.

Came across a new vid today (at least new to me)

Hot Toys DeLorean at Sino Centre - YouTube

Thanks for posting the video mate. CMIIW but the flux capacitor doesn't seem to light up the way it's supposed to.

the prototype is supposed to represent the best possible version of the product. so far, in more than a few shots and videos of the paintwork, it looks anything but metal-like. this is a bloody expensive collectible, so ht better get it right.

Exactly! That is the prototype they show to the studio. So it has to be as close as possible to the final product in terms of likenes and colour.

Actually a prototype is shown to generate hype

Thanks for posting the video mate. CMIIW but the flux capacitor doesn't seem to light up the way it's supposed to.

Exactly! That is the prototype they show to the studio. So it has to be as close as possible to the final product in terms of likenes and colour.

Have you guys seen the corrections they did to the new Spidey and Star-Lords HS? HT makes corrections. Why go all out on a proto with an actually release date over a year away?

ok... i can't resist... preordered
ufff...so many nice figures and stuff coming soon

Have you guys seen the corrections they did to the new Spidey and Star-Lords HS? HT makes corrections. Why go all out on a proto with an actually release date over a year away?

We'll, based on my personal experience, I reckon this is more or less how HT does is business. Once a license is acquired, a base sculpt needs to be made along with accessories and what not which needs to be approved by an in-house supervisor which then after several revisions later be sent to the licensor who may or may not ask for further revisions and then they would give the go ahead for a final prototype which, once approved, would be allowed to be shown to the public as marketing campaign. Those are the ones we see. Later, the licensor gets to make further revisions before production starts, which is why changes can still happen along the way as we see now and again (recently with the Star-Lord).

Based on Hot Toys interviews that we have read so far, I'm pretty sure that that is how they operate. Keep in mind that the licensor has to answer to several different agencies as well.

We'll, based on my personal experience, I reckon this is more or less how HT does is business. Once a license is acquired, a base sculpt needs to be made along with accessories and what not which needs to be approved by an in-house supervisor which then after several revisions later be sent to the licensor who may or may not ask for further revisions and then they would give the go ahead for a final prototype which, once approved, would be allowed to be shown to the public as marketing campaign. Those are the ones we see. Later, the licensor gets to make further revisions before production starts, which is why changes can still happen along the way as we see now and again (recently with the Star-Lord).

Based on Hot Toys interviews that we have read so far, I'm pretty sure that that is how they operate. Keep in mind that the licensor has to answer to several different agencies as well.

Well, yeah, that's how every licensed products are made right? Usually :lol

Not sure how it'll work with the Deloran since DMC is no longer in business.

That's my point, Hot Toys will most likely improve on the prototype, continuing to tweak small stuff along the way.

while that's true, it's also beside the point i was making. and nobody's "going all out" against the prototype. we're just making an observation on a distinctive feature of a collectible. yes, of course we all know ht makes tweaks and corrections along the way. there's also no reason for them not to have a nice chrome/metallic finish for the prototype's in the first place. if anything it's easier to do it for a prototype since it's just a one-off. it does raise the question of whether the end result will feature it.

Well, yeah, that's how every licensed products are made right? Usually :lol

Not sure how it'll work with the Deloran since DMC is no longer in business.

That's my point, Hot Toys will most likely improve on the prototype, continuing to tweak small stuff along the way.

DMC itself is still in business, they just no longer produce cars.
DeLorean Motor Company | The Best Source for your DeLorean

They may or may not improve on the prototype depending on the big wigs' (aka licensor) decision . They can't do much more without the approval from the license owner(s).

Here's the thing, if Hot Toys did it right on the prototype phase they are much more likely get it right on the final production phase whereas if they botched it up earlier on then it's all up to the respective license owner(s) to make it more accurate.

Hope things are going for the better though personally I'm not getting this since I much prefer the second movie delorean lol

I think DMC have actually started building "new" cars from the ground up using their massive parts inventory.

Back