Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
while that's true, it's also beside the point i was making. and nobody's "going all out" against the prototype. we're just making an observation on a distinctive feature of a collectible. yes, of course we all know ht makes tweaks and corrections along the way. there's also no reason for them not to have a nice chrome/metallic finish for the prototype's in the first place. if anything it's easier to do it for a prototype since it's just a one-off. it does raise the question of whether the end result will feature it.
Its a good observation yes, but to go further and threaten hot toys is't the way to go. It's expensive and if anyone feels like HT falls short of the price, then don't buy it right?
DMC itself is still in business, they just no longer produce cars.
DeLorean Motor Company | The Best Source for your DeLorean

They may or may not improve on the prototype depending on the big wigs' (aka licensor) decision . They can't do much more without the approval from the license owner(s).

Here's the thing, if Hot Toys did it right on the prototype phase they are much more likely get it right on the final production phase whereas if they botched it up earlier on then it's all up to the respective license owner(s) to make it more accurate.

Hope things are going for the better though personally I'm not getting this since I much prefer the second movie delorean lol
Those guys don't have any ties to the original DMC company other than providing parts and services for the cars on the road now.

Prototypes are shown to big wigs to show proof of concept, basically showing it can be done and done well. Once they're on board, HT can dial in on more exact details, like paint apps
For the people dead set on NOT getting this. GTFO! LOL

:lol :lol :lol

Its a good observation yes, but to go further and threaten hot toys is't the way to go. It's expensive and if anyone feels like HT falls short of the price, then don't buy it right?

Prototypes are shown to big wigs to show proof of concept, basically showing it can be done and done well. Once they're on board, HT can dial in on more exact details, like paint apps

not sure what you've been reading but i don't think anyone here (especially myself) have been "threatening" ht. please don't over-exaggerate things.

i for one, have put in my preorder long ago, along with a very hefty deposit. i put my money where my mouth is. on the flip side, i can and do expect the collectible to turn out as best it can. when the paint apps concerns 80% of its body it is not a "minor tweak". it's something that should have been present and evident at prototype stage, simple as that. while i do have faith that they will do a good job, ht is also sometimes known for cutting corners. so it's a legit concern. anyway, that's as much as i have to say about this.

e121dddd90af902cee4399f5f01a400a.jpg

the prototype is supposed to represent the best possible version of the product. so far, in more than a few shots and videos of the paintwork, it looks anything but metal-like. this is a bloody expensive collectible, so ht better get it right.

Just covering my butt :lol

My point is that there's no point in worrying thats all :hi5:

Just covering my butt :lol

My point is that there's no point in worrying thats all :hi5:

:slap how was that a threat? saying "ht better get it right" is a statement of desire.

but you are right about the futility of worrying. that's why i don't worry. i just come on here to share opinions, this being a forum and all... :wink1:

I just bought the Lego version to tide me over until I order this :cool

I found this treasure in a local hobby shop and my gf bought it for me for my birthday last year. Decided to put it together to hold me over till this guy comes out.

It's in 1/24th scale

308fc3a9c3d0e660d6dfc1574eae8907.jpg

fe4487f9f70ab6fcd66322fdda8697da.jpg

Anyone ever own the sun star cars? If you want a accurate body, then thats the way to go, its got like a full metal case. Pretty hefty too, how much more of a price point would it be to add that?
dmc-12_12.jpg

Misaligned on the moto 360 maybe it lines up better on the square watches but i thought it was kinda cool, hopefully gets updated soon. A pulsing flux capacitorIMAG0611.jpg would look cool as well.

Budget Stark - "First Look" video Hot Toys Delorean car Back to the Future

Hi Guys

Here is the "First Look" video of the Hot Toys Delorean car from Back to the Future which is in open display at Secret Base Hot Toys Hong Kong on 25 Oct 2014.

It is such a big piece, about the same size as the Batman Tumbler and the 89 Batman, will collectors be getting this?

Thanks for watching.

Re: Budget Stark - "First Look" video Hot Toys Delorean car Back to the Future

Sweet. I'm tempted to get this. If they do come out with a Doc Brown as well as I suspect... yeah, it's only a matter of time.

Wow. Thats is one amazing piece. I love that you can actually see the welding marks on those duct looking things in the back. Amazing.

will collectors be getting this?

Will I be wha? :wink1: Of course ill be getting this awesome piece

Thanks for the vid looks amazing! I PO 2 min after it went up [emoji7] its a must for me! The better half already knows "we got another Car coming baby"

Back