Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a plinth in the middle of my man cave - thinking of a lone
Pine mall base but I also want a turntable because I want to be see all the angles. It's a huge peice and the most expensive Ive ever bought/am buying

I have a plinth in the middle of my man cave - thinking of a lone
Pine mall base but I also want a turntable because I want to be see all the angles. It's a huge peice and the most expensive Ive ever bought/am buying

Same here, no chance it will fit in a detolf, I imagine, gonna have to buy a fish tank ugh :( or get Marty a bit dusty.

Does anyone know if we ARE actually getting the option to plug this bad boy into the mains? This would make it so much better, none of my other collectibles get their lights turned on simply because I don't want to leave batteries in them in case they leak, and it's a hassle turning every one of them on separately.

I know it mentions that an AC/DC adaptor is not included, but will there still be a plug socket in it if we want to use our own?

Does anyone know if we ARE actually getting the option to plug this bad boy into the mains? This would make it so much better, none of my other collectibles get their lights turned on simply because I don't want to leave batteries in them in case they leak, and it's a hassle turning every one of them on separately.

I know it mentions that an AC/DC adaptor is not included, but will there still be a plug socket in it if we want to use our own?

Why would you want to leave the lights on using an ac/dc adaptor ? You do realise leds have a lifespan and the longer you leave them on the more chance they have of burning out.

I dont think anyone will be able to answer that for certain, but I have seen the plug in a few pics. Who knows if that is just for display purposes for only them. But I really hope so.

Why would you want to leave the lights on using an ac/dc adaptor ? You do realise leds have a lifespan and the longer you leave them on the more chance they have of burning out.

I would love the option, I dont think anyone would run them 24-7 a few hours a day (or night) will still last awhile. And even though leds do you have a life span they are easy to swap out just like the 1989 batmobile.

I wouldn't leave them on constantly, but having them on when you switch the lighting on the rest of your collection would be nice, which is only possible if they are connected to one mains supply.

I'm assuming that the one on display is connected this way, however the proto could be different to the finished product, and the 'adaptor not included' could just be a lost in translation 'no mains connection possible'. Hope this isn't the case though.

If you look on eBay etc there are plenty of battery replacement adaptors. I'm thinking of getting one. As you say I don't want them on all the time but depending on where the switch is its a real pain. Ie terminators etc to pop them on for a little look.

From the Kingdom Come Exhibition in Bangkok.

dlo1.jpg

dlo2.jpg

dlo3.jpg

dlo4.jpg

dlo5.jpg

dlo6.jpg

dlo7.jpg

dlo8.jpg

dlo9.jpg

dlo10.jpg

dlo11.jpg

dlo12.jpg

dlo13.jpg

dlo14.jpg

dlo15.jpg

dlo16.jpg

Totally worth the $700+.

Anyone know what that battery thing is? Looks like a mini jumper to get the car started :lol I mean Marty had a hard time getting her started at the end of BTTF but come on HT's :lol

The hub caps look nice and the parts that are metal actually look like diecast metal.

The metallic sheen does look better! But they're still missing the proper wire detailing across the top of the dash. And someone set up the display with the glove compartment gauges facing 'towards' the window on the dash. LOL!

Other than that it looks incredible! Hoping the flux dispersal bands light up blue as well (even though they haven't shown anything like that). Could probably be achieved using light sheet under the perforated dispersal bands.

The metallic sheen does look better! But they're still missing the proper wire detailing across the top of the dash. And someone set up the display with the glove compartment gauges facing 'towards' the window on the dash. LOL!

Other than that it looks incredible! Hoping the flux dispersal bands light up blue as well (even though they haven't shown anything like that). Could probably be achieved using light sheet under the perforated dispersal bands.

If thats all you could find wrong with it, then thats pretty good, the flux does light up, unless you mean something else.

If thats all you could find wrong with it, then thats pretty good, the flux does light up, unless you mean something else.

I've seen the flux capacitor light up, but not the flux dispersal bands that glow blue during time-travel (wrapped around the front bumper and rear sides).

I've seen the flux capacitor light up, but not the flux dispersal bands that glow blue during time-travel (wrapped around the front bumper and rear sides).

Ah gotcha, yeah that would be a very nice addition, now would you want that on all the time or separate from the standard working headlights and tail lights? Like 2 switches?

Back