Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CSC doesn't have this up for PO yet? That's weird.

Nope not yet. Wanted to hold out to buy from them as I'm close by to them. And would save $$ for no shipping. Bbts is my back up because I don't want to put a down payment like sideshow but bbts keeps selling out then goikg back in stock I wonder if I should just pre order from them as I worry corner store comics won't get it.

Doc's iconic look is probably what he wears at the end of part 1 and in part 2. So do they go with that or the 1955 Doc who stands on the clock tower?

No reason to, I reckon they'd go with the iconic lab coat with the 2015 shirt underneath and perhaps with the silver welding visor. His duffel bag from the deleted scenes containing a Playboy mag, some clothes, underwear and hairdrier would be a good idea for accessory.

Nope not yet. Wanted to hold out to buy from them as I'm close by to them. And would save $$ for no shipping. Bbts is my back up because I don't want to put a down payment like sideshow but bbts keeps selling out then goikg back in stock I wonder if I should just pre order from them as I worry corner store comics won't get it.

You can preorder from BBTS without penalty for canceling, right? Sounds like a good backup plan that may become a primary plan.

You can't have the future Doc costume without Marty's adjustable jacket, power lace nikes, and multi-colored hat, haha. That's gotta be like a 2nd set coming out after these first releases. I would venture to guess clock tower Doc to go w/ Marty's current clothing set, or the radiation suit Doc to replicate that first scene of them together.

You can't have the future Doc costume without Marty's adjustable jacket, power lace nikes, and multi-colored hat, haha. That's gotta be like a 2nd set coming out after these first releases. I would venture to guess clock tower Doc to go w/ Marty's current clothing set, or the radiation suit Doc to replicate that first scene of them together.

Judging from the Delorean, I suppose you're right. I guess HT only managed to get the license for the first movie.

Radiation suit Doc might be an exclusive next year, I reckon.

If it is indeed true that they will be releasing a 2nd DeLorean w/ Mr. Fusion and flight wheels, then I think that would be the one to wait for since you get those additional options. Whether or not it would be more expensive, we can only wait and see. I can imagine some people getting both though and having 2 displays, one w/ BTTF1 figures + vehicle, and another w/ futuristic figures + vehicle. Now that's heavy... :lol I have this one pre-ordered on BBTS but I'm waiting to see if something is announced or hinted at in an interview w/ HC.

If it is indeed true that they will be releasing a 2nd DeLorean w/ Mr. Fusion and flight wheels, then I think that would be the one to wait for since you get those additional options. Whether or not it would be more expensive, we can only wait and see. I can imagine some people getting both though and having 2 displays, one w/ BTTF1 figures + vehicle, and another w/ futuristic figures + vehicle. Now that's heavy... :lol I have this one pre-ordered on BBTS but I'm waiting to see if something is announced or hinted at in an interview w/ HC.

Yes I can imagine people displaying that. People with plenty of money that is! but the majority of fans would be happy with just one display I think given the size and price of these things.

If you prefer the futuristic look you can always buy the figures from the first film and then sell them later for the other ones. I don't see the prices dropping on the original releases.

Those are cool but not being the actual Nike shoes I don't think I'd want them. It was pretty disappointing that Nike only released the Air Mags as a limited fund raising item. Granted it was for a good cause but they could have sold them mass market and donated the proceeds from the sales to the Michael J Fox Foundation. I'm sure they'd have sold a bunch to not only fans of the films but also to people who collect shoes. They wouldn't have made as much to donate most likely but if they really were wanting to get behind making a donation its not like Nike is some small company who couldn't write a check.

Those are cool but not being the actual Nike shoes I don't think I'd want them. It was pretty disappointing that Nike only released the Air Mags as a limited fund raising item. Granted it was for a good cause but they could have sold them mass market and donated the proceeds from the sales to the Michael J Fox Foundation. I'm sure they'd have sold a bunch to not only fans of the films but also to people who collect shoes. They wouldn't have made as much to donate most likely but if they really were wanting to get behind making a donation its not like Nike is some small company who couldn't write a check.

This is just another example of "exclusivity" crushing a lot of hopes and dreams.

There was no way i was going to shell out for the proper Nike Mags a few years back ($5000 plus) but i did buy a few pairs of the Chinese made knock-offs. I made them screen accurate by adding EL panels to the soles and straps and reducing the height of the toe box for a cleaner look.

mag1.jpg

mag2.jpg

mag3.jpg

Now i want to make the jacket in time for next year.

There was no way i was going to shell out for the proper Nike Mags a few years back ($5000 plus) but i did buy a few pairs of the Chinese made knock-offs. I made them screen accurate by adding EL panels to the soles and straps and reducing the height of the toe box for a cleaner look.

View attachment 134684

View attachment 134685

View attachment 134686

Now i want to make the jacket in time for next year.

Very nice. Where did you get them and do you have before pics as well?

I ordered from chinese shopping website Aliexpress. Type in "Mag shoes". There are loads of sellers now, but i originally ordered from Karin Chen, who was one of the first to sell them, and earned a reputation as a reliable seller. I eventually ordered 3 pairs from her over a year ago. The standard shoes only have cheap LEDs in the sole (which are not very bright) and no strap light at all. The toe area is very bulky looking as well. There is a thread over at RPF for all the work involved to get a more screen accurate pair. Expect to pay around $250 for the shoes and another $60-$70 for the add-on parts (EL panels, inverters and LEDs)

https://www.therpf.com/f9/nike-mag-...e-58-shopping-list-171951/?highlight=nike+mag

here is a standard pair

Back To The Future_01.jpg

Comparison of the lights, after mods and before

pzEwk.jpg

Tinker Hatfield has confirmed that Nike will be releasing the Mags again next year, including auto-lacing pairs. The auto-lacing pairs will probably be very limited (so start saving now).

Tinker Hatfield has confirmed that Nike will be releasing the Mags again next year, including auto-lacing pairs. The auto-lacing pairs will probably be very limited (so start saving now).

If you can even get your hands on them, let alone afford them. Methinks they're gonna be expensive as you-know-what and very, very, VERY limited. IOW, only celebrities, athletes and the super-rich and connected are getting them.

If you can even get your hands on them, let alone afford them. Methinks they're gonna be expensive as you-know-what and very, very, VERY limited. IOW, only celebrities, athletes and the super-rich and connected are getting them.

You're probably right with respect to the autolacing model. Hopefully, the other version will be more of a general release.

Back