Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know what all this clamouring for the delorean from the second movie is about to be honest. The delorean from the first movie is the iconic delorean(for me anyway). That whole scene where marty is first introduced to the delorean in the car parking lot and we see the car coming out of the back of the step van is magical.

View attachment 133646

I've always had a soft spot for the BTTFII DeLorean. What's better than a time-traveling DeLorean? A flying time-traveling DeLorean, that's what! :lol

image.jpg

Couldn't be more pumped up after seeing this roll down the other day. Even though its the BTTF 2 Delorean, it was definitely jaw dropping and attention getter!

View attachment 133886

Couldn't be more pumped up after seeing this roll down the other day. Even though its the BTTF 2 Delorean, it was definitely jaw dropping and attention getter!

I love the BTTF 2 Delorean more than the first one. Mr. Fusion really does make it look far more appealing to me. Dunno why though. Plus it's a much better time travelling machine since it flies and that. Though I do get why people like the original BTTF Delorean.

If only HT decides to make BTTF2 Delorean some time in the future...

I love the BTTF 2 Delorean more than the first one. Mr. Fusion really does make it look far more appealing to me. Dunno why though. Plus it's a much better time travelling machine since it flies and that. Though I do get why people like the original BTTF Delorean.

If only HT decides to make BTTF2 Delorean some time in the future...

There are no guarantees in life, but if HT can reissue the Tumbler....

Huh, to me it looks just like the one from the end of Back to the Future Part I.

The DeLorean I saw at the end of Back to the Future Part I had the Mr. Fusion reactor in the back.

While the 1st movie is the best, most people remember the flying version when they think of BTTF.

It would have been much better for HT to have made the flying version. For all the people who prefer the original, simply fold up the wheels (glue them solid if you like) swap the Mr. Fusion for the plutonium cover / hook and change the licence plates.

To convert the original to flying version involves the buyer scratchbuilding an entire wheel folding mechanism as well as the Mr. Fusion / licence plate. It's fairly easy to convert part 2 to part 1, but incredibly difficult to do it vice versa. That's why it would have been preferable to make a part 2 version, as HT can do most of the work regarding the wheels.

Looks like the same vest on Marty their using on the new Amazing Spider-Man 2. o_O how come their not including Doc? It's an in complete set if you ask me.

Not for me. I think the whole flying Delorean thing is gimmicky. Its a car in the end of the day not a plane and it looks far better when its racing up to 88 in the first and third movies then the badly matted pre cgi images of it flying about in the second. Besides if hot toys were to make a flying delorean version you can bet that people would have the folding wheels broken in the first week of owning it.

I think HT should've include'd the lightning hook because it was even more pivotal to the car in the 1st movie than Mr. Fusion was in part 2.

Looks like the same vest on Marty their using on the new Amazing Spider-Man 2. o_O how come their not including Doc? It's an in complete set if you ask me.

Vests are a little different from each other. Compare the pockets/sewing patterns, buttons on Marty's, the collars, not to mention Spidey's has a different color liner on the inside and they aren't the same color to begin with.

Vests are a little different from each other. Compare the pockets/sewing patterns, buttons on Marty's, the collars, not to mention Spidey's has a different color liner on the inside and they aren't the same color to begin with.
But other than the pockets and sewing patterns being totally different, the collars being dissimilar, different colours and details on the liners, they are very alike.Lol.

:lol That would be awesome, but they'll probably keep him as MMS. To give him PERS and not Marty would be kind of strange.

Back