Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't PO this yet as I just spent a bunch of money on other HT and other stuff. You don't think the PO on this will sell out or anything?

Not from Sideshow, considering the big-ticket overall price and $70 NRD. I can't confirm this, but some said the 1989 Batmobile didn't sell out until it was ready to ship. So long as HT doesn't slash the production total, you've got some time.

As for fire tracks, electrical effects, the lightning rod and even Einstein, HT could reveal and add some or all of these in the coming months to sweeten the pot.

So what u figure the shipping will be on this from ssc? I mean its a plastic car so it cant weigh that much.

That's what I'm wondering too. Even though I'm probably out on this one. I'm surprised Hot Toys didn't break $700 on it. But it will still be close to my original guess of I believe $1000 when you add shipping and tax. The Batmobile shipping was $100+.

I was hoping that Hot Toys would include some stuff from Part II as well. But this is the original version. I think there is a smaller light up version from Part II that has the folding wheels. At least someone here posted it I think. I'll probably get that. I looked at videos of the real car on youtube. I never thought I was claustrophobic but seeing those small windows made me uneasy.

I have to assume that the lightning rod will be included with this. I mean, the car is affixed with the adaptor that Doc Brown hooked up that the lightning rod attaches to... Something that was NOT on they car til 1955 Doc Brown hooked it up. So let's keep our fingers crossed. I mean, why have the adaptor there but no lightning rod?

Too expensive to ship this across to me unfortunately. I will probably get it from the local dealer. Whatever the premium may be it will still be less than what we might end up paying in shipping and import fees :(

Back