Hot Toys AvP: Requiem figures Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where is everyone getting $200 for the Pred Alien? SSC I assume? Most e-tailers have him for around $167.

I only plan to get Wolf, and the most likely BD variant.:p

well I'm sticking with the set.......just wouldn't be right given the ever growing alien/predator/uscm collection not having them :D

Mind abc-express referred to me as a vip customer in an email the other day....must be buying far too much from them :rolleyes:

Thanks for the pics Chavez. At first, I passed on P2 because I really wanted P1, but it looks really cool and AVPR has gotten me into Predator mode and it's outweighing the voice that used to say it's too much save it for the one your really want. This pic is really helpful. Most of the pics I've seen make the AVPR Preds seem flat-faced but this shot shows the profile the original Predators had in 1 and 2. I don't like the AVP's enough to get them, so P2, Wolf and P1 will be my Preds.

DSC00877.jpg

I'm passing on P2 Elder at the moment, I really dig the masks as much as unmasked, so maybe if budget fits him in later I will but he doesn't fit right now. P2 regular version and P1 regular for me. I can't find the P2 mask for sale by itself anywhere so I'm going to get the regular P2 figure and pass on the BD. The Alien skull is a nice novelty, and the open mandibles option is sweet, but maybe with a little luck I can pick those up separate down the road.

I'm passing on P2 Elder at the moment, I really dig the masks as much as unmasked, so maybe if budget fits him in later I will but he doesn't fit right now. P2 regular version and P1 regular for me.

I see where you're coming from with the choices you've made, but the Elder is one that just looks so much better in hand than you can imagine! This is still going to be one of the very best Predator figures not matter how good Wolf and P1 turn out. Not trying to twist your arm or anything bro, but I believe the Elder is gonna end up being as insanely priced and hard to find as Hicks before too long!

If you have any interest at all in owning one, now would be the best time to go for it, while they're still available at normal prices... you will NOT be sorry! And if for some reason you change your mind later on, I don't think you'd have any problem finding someone to take him off your hands. Just a thought... :D

I hear ya Mudshark, and thanks for the advice on not repeating my Hicks mistake, which thankfully you rectified for me. I DO want the Elder, but, I've already trimmed down my pre-orders and such to things I really want and would really value having in my collection, and even the P2 probably wouldn't have made it in but I dropped the PredAlien and P2 will take that's place. There's just lots I want for collectibles, but I also need to start being more sensible with my money, I've had my juvenile, frivelous spending years, now I need to be mature and logical about things. Thing for me is, I often contemplate all my uses for these figures, and for me, collecting figures is about being able to enjoy all the aspects from sculpts to pose possibilities and all, and of course photographic and artistic potential as well. P2 is a figure I think I'll have a blast with capturing various film poses and taking different photographs and such of. P2 Elder is a great looking figure, but minor in character and I just see it more as shelf eye candy, it doesn't affect me to a point where I feel I'd really enjoy having it in my collection, and I'm trying to cut down to pieces that really give me a sense of satisfaction having it and what price I paid for it.

I see where you're coming from with the choices you've made, but the Elder is one that just looks so much better in hand than you can imagine! This is still going to be one of the very best Predator figures not matter how good Wolf and P1 turn out. Not trying to twist your arm or anything bro, but I believe the Elder is gonna end up being as insanely priced and hard to find as Hicks before too long!

If you have any interest at all in owning one, now would be the best time to go for it, while they're still available at normal prices... you will NOT be sorry! And if for some reason you change your mind later on, I don't think you'd have any problem finding someone to take him off your hands. Just a thought... :D

You. Tempt. My. Wallet! :banghead

I hear ya Mudshark, and thanks for the advice on not repeating my Hicks mistake, which thankfully you rectified for me. I DO want the Elder, but, I've already trimmed down my pre-orders and such to things I really want and would really value having in my collection, and even the P2 probably wouldn't have made it in but I dropped the PredAlien and P2 will take that's place. There's just lots I want for collectibles, but I also need to start being more sensible with my money, I've had my juvenile, frivelous spending years, now I need to be mature and logical about things. Thing for me is, I often contemplate all my uses for these figures, and for me, collecting figures is about being able to enjoy all the aspects from sculpts to pose possibilities and all, and of course photographic and artistic potential as well. P2 is a figure I think I'll have a blast with capturing various film poses and taking different photographs and such of. P2 Elder is a great looking figure, but minor in character and I just see it more as shelf eye candy, it doesn't affect me to a point where I feel I'd really enjoy having it in my collection, and I'm trying to cut down to pieces that really give me a sense of satisfaction having it and what price I paid for it.

I guess we've all gotten a little carried away with all the amazing stuff that's been pouring out the last couple of years. It hasn't been easy to resist, that's for damn sure! I think you're doing the right thing by being more selective... I could certainly use a dose of that myself. I really want to get back to the creative process again, building and painting things myself rather than just buy stuff others have made. That's the way it used to be, and I think it's about time I get back on track. But I'm still going to hang on to my Elder! :rock :rock :rock

Well I've been a collector since I was like 12, which isn't that long ago, and it was just Hasbro Star Wars. A few properties I enjoy had an item here or there made for them, but nothing of substance. Now, I've got continued, and better Star Wars product as well as a hefty load of Rocky, Rambo, Predator, Lord of the Rings, Aliens, Terminator, Pirates of the Caribbean and other property collectibles coming, and while POTC and LOTR are newer, Rambos and A/P stuff has been something I've wanted for some time and done well because some of the older stuff wasn't so great. I've been so caught up in yay someone's making it, I haven't stopped to say hey, this much stuff over a decade is fine, in 3 years is a bit of an overload. Hicks is and will be my only colonial marine, despite how cool they all are, with everything else I'm collecting, it just came down to picking my favorite and going with him. PredAlien is a great design, a badass looking figure, but for the money, I'm not into it enough to feel satisfied when I got it, so I cancelled that. I'm young and have had the fortune of a fairly burden free life until now, but I have to start thinking marriage, family, houses, new car, all the real important stuff, despite not wanting to, I'm not in a position to be immature in my collecting forever, I've reached a "time to grow up" point where just because it's neat and I have the money doesn't mean I should get it.

Not a figure, but here goes.
Here are a few drawings I made a few years back of the Predalien.
Hope you like. :D

CopyofPredAlien2Drawing.jpg

PQ2.jpg

And here's a regular Queen on her egg-sack:
OVP3.jpg

Canceled the PredAlien. Not because I don't like it or want it but because I don't have the funds. :monkey2

Will go back and get it when I can though...but for now I'll just be happy with THE WOLF! :rock

Back