HOT TOYS "AVP" FIGURES - Give Some Love to the Classics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea I love Scar too but I really wish his bio was more accurate. That's my biggest bother about him. It looks so much better in the prorotype pics. I'm gonna wait till baloo is done with the p1 bio then try to convince him to make us a movie accurate Scar bio. How many people would be down for that? Maybe we can make a petition list for baloo so he's be convinced that it's worth his time to make it. :D

Id be up for one, if i can get this Scar!

I sold my Scar for £330 and Ancient Predator Special Edition for £580 last week on eBay.

Both were never displayed. Would have sold them on here but needed the money and knew i would get the best money on eBay for them.

Sent the Special Edtion on a next day delivery, went away for the weekend and came home and there was an answerphone message from the buyer saying they hadn't recieved it!! :(

He'd been trying to get in touch with me all weekend and even tried opening a Paypal case against me. Paying that sort of money i don't blame him for panicing. I got in touch and told him the tracking said it was left at the local Post Office.

He found out that they tried delivering next door and it was sent to the local Post Office but never left a card. :mad:

Gonna put my displayed Chopper and AVP Elder up sometime over the weekend.

I was watching that Ancient Predator, unfortunately for one figure its far out of my price-range.

I can understand the buyers frustration with Royal Mail, i work for a company that does mail order and the amount of times things come back to us saying they hadnt been called for and when you inform the customer of this they say we didnt get a card! Its typical of Royal Mail and shows how unreliable they are.

I sold my Scar for £330 and Ancient Predator Special Edition for £580 last week on eBay.

Both were never displayed. Would have sold them on here but needed the money and knew i would get the best money on eBay for them.

Sent the Special Edtion on a next day delivery, went away for the weekend and came home and there was an answerphone message from the buyer saying they hadn't recieved it!! :(

He'd been trying to get in touch with me all weekend and even tried opening a Paypal case against me. Paying that sort of money i don't blame him for panicing. I got in touch and told him the tracking said it was left at the local Post Office.

He found out that they tried delivering next door and it was sent to the local Post Office but never left a card. :mad:

Couldn't the guy just check the tracking himself?

Couldn't the guy just check the tracking himself?

Well i gave him the tracking number but he reckoned i gave him the wrong number. I checked the email i sent him and it was the correct one. :cuckoo:

He told me he phoned all the local Post Offices and they didn't have a parcel for him. I phoned Parcelforce and got the address of the Post Office it was left at.

All in all it all worked out well.

Glad it worked out. Ebay can be a headache sometimes. I prefer to lose a few bucks and sell here to people I know and trust and items that don't get picked up will end up on ebay. :D Yea the postal can be one of the reasons for the headaches.

PM sent... hintity, hint, hint :wink1: :pray:.

Last edited:
Out of interest, how limited is the Ancient Predator and what parts are unique to that kit? Anyone have some nice pictures?

Well, Ancient is like mega limited, only a few hundred were given to Sideshow if I am not mistaken. He comes with half chest armor, alien on a spear and two blade gauntlets.

And the most valuable still is the Asia edition. Wonder what the ES is on that one...

In any case, those Ancients, the Ani-Com Scar, and the P2 Elder are the most expensive HT Preds out there.

I know how awesome the P2 Elder is but it amazes me how pricey it is for such a minor character. I think I've just accepted I'll never own it.

I know how awesome the P2 Elder is but it amazes me how pricey it is for such a minor character. I think I've just accepted I'll never own it.

i've said that to myself before as well...
i could have had a HT BD endoskeleton and HT BD ed-209...but got my elder instead.:lol

*settled with poorman's endoskeleton t-700 and i really really wanted a non-BD ed-209...i see somebody selling ed-209 in the FS section, but just have to many projects in hand at moment.:cuckoo:

ugh,I'm really not liking this ebay seller. I sent him a message asking where the tracking # is and no reply. It's now 5.30 pm. It's bad enough i won these items on monday and he says he will ship almost a week later, now i feel he's going to have some excuse on why he didnt get to ship them today either.

If you havent had a response or the item by Monday file a paypal dispute.

I had the same issue with two AVP preds, the guy said he shipped out and then 6 business days later still nothing, the guy was in the UK and i had waited those 6 business days before even contacting him again giving him the benefit of the doubt but when nothing came i tried contacting him but received no response.

Tried emailing him multiple times no response had to file a paypal dispute and get my money back was not a happy bunny.

If you havent had a response or the item by Monday file a paypal dispute.

I had the same issue with two AVP preds, the guy said he shipped out and then 6 business days later still nothing, the guy was in the UK and i had waited those 6 business days before even contacting him again giving him the benefit of the doubt but when nothing came i tried contacting him but received no response.

Tried emailing him multiple times no response had to file a paypal dispute and get my money back was not a happy bunny.

OMG really? 6 bussiness days is more than enough to get something ship from the UK

OMG really? 6 bussiness days is more than enough to get something ship from the UK

Well as i said it was within the UK, but i know how bad the UK postal service can be so i gave him the benefit of the doubt, but then he turned out to be a loser who just took my money.

I did get my refund through paypal, but i was so dissapointed to not get my Scar and Chopper Predator.

I know its a pain, but theres always hope later on down the line you will get them. Maybe even cheaper...maybe...

Yep. eBay's not your friend for a number of reasons. It's so mainstream that more people unaware of specific collectible sites are generally willing to pay more.

:dunno

Well he sent me a message saying don't worry he just didn't get a chance to send it before the post office closed, he then told how great his feedback was and gave me his home address and phone number? He said on his way to work he is going to ship it out and not to worry (he said that a few times)

Back