Hot Toys Avengers Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm digging the look of the MkVII. It will definitely be my first and only IM figure when HT gets around to releasing it. It would be great if the HT figure comes out as glossy as the Koto statue

who woulda thought Fury would be first...

It makes the most sense. Whiplash was first for Iron Man 2. HT just wants to give us something new to pump us up and to prove they aren't just making more Iron Man. Had we gotten the core 4 Avengers (Iron Man, Thor, Cap, and Hulk) we would have wondered if BW, HE, and Fury were coming or not. With Fury being first, its pretty much a given we'll get all 7 of them now. :rock

Hulk :drool

It makes the most sense. Whiplash was first for Iron Man 2. HT just wants to give us something new to pump us up and to prove they aren't just making more Iron Man. Had we gotten the core 4 Avengers (Iron Man, Thor, Cap, and Hulk) we would have wondered if BW, HE, and Fury were coming or not. With Fury being first, its pretty much a given we'll get all 7 of them now. :rock

Perhaps they should've done a Nick Fury/Agent Coulson 2 pack? Coulsons gotten more publicity than Nick has in the movies already.

nick-fury-avengers-letterbox.jpg

I bet everything we won't see a Maria Hill

I am very excited for this line and will be collecting everything that HT releases. :rock If HT does the Hulk; really want to see this happen, how tall will he be 1/6 scale?

Here's my predicted release/announcement order

1. Nick Fury
2. Hulk
3. Iron Man mVII
4. Thor
5. Hawkeye
6. Captain America
7. Black Widow
8. Loki
9. Iron Man mVIII
10. Mystery Villain

YES!

Phase one of my prediction begins.

Next to be announced = Hulk.

So if Fury doesn't sell it will get the blame for not getting Hulk. :lol

Wow 7 individual characters in one line, thats gotta be a record for HT! I bet its gonna be really tough for them after that 4th or 5th figure

"...Must...not....repaint...Ironman..." :horror

If we DO get all 7 Avengers don't forget Loki and any other villains that may appear.

There's a potential of 9 or 10 figures that could get the HT treatment. They are really going to have to start pushing these out quick, surely they want this line done with before the Avenger 2 comes out.

Look how far they stretched the Iron Man 2 line. No complaint there. :D I can see them doing 7 or more for this line.

7 more?????????????I see a dx line a special edition line and v 2.0 2.5 3.0 and a re-release. Hot toys and the word collectible is NON EXISTENT now a days.

Just because something gets a 2.0 treatment doesnt mean both arent collectibles...

I just dont see why collectors care about re-releases unless they are just in it to resell later

I cant lie and say profit dosnt matty because it does but I like to collect knowing the high end items will atleast hold their value.

$200+ for a doll is expensive

It looks like they are over doing it and I can see a bubble coming

Just because something gets a 2.0 treatment doesnt mean both arent collectibles...

I just dont see why collectors care about re-releases unless they are just in it to resell later

On this, we are on the same page. A new improved version of a previously released character is only good news for the customer imo.

Yep, only bad news for people trying to profit from selling toys instead of those who get them because they like them

And worrying HT will create a "bubble" is silly. Collectibles always go in cycles, what's big now, likely will not be in 5 years.

Buy toys/collectibles only because you ENJOY them, if you want to invest, I suggest stocks, precious metals or real estate...

And worrying HT will create a "bubble" is silly. Collectibles always go in cycles, what's big now, likely will not be in 5 years.

Buy toys/collectibles only because you ENJOY them, if you want to invest, I suggest stocks, precious metals or real estate...

:goodpost: I'm a noob and one thing I've noticed with this hobby is that collectibles will always gain value some faster than others and some more than others just depends or you simply buy them cause you enjoy it.

I am glad for re-releases, for some of us who got in late in the game, $500 or higher on a mk i is a bit ridiculous (no disrespect for those who have them or trying to sell). If it wasn't for HT improving on the IM figures, we might not have seen a new Robocop for a while if not ever or better articulations, more accessories and great HS.

I can't wait to see what HT treatment the new IM gets! :yess:

I've noticed with this hobby is that collectibles will always gain value some faster than others and some more than others

I noticed the opposite. HT figures rarely sell out whereas a year or longer ago most sold out. Thus causing the after market frenzy......

Instead retailers are stuck with items not selling because collectors cannot keep up with all the new announcements at the jacked up retail cost. Absolutely a bubble exist, it isn't just because of re-issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back