Hot Toys Avengers Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The three from Predators have the same body and their latest, Shadow and Classic use the same body.

What about the new Samurai Pred?

More likely they will go by the mountains of cash they made off other Marvel licenses than compare it to a completely unrelated and (merchandise wise) unproven property.

There is no precedent for the Iron Man gantry but I don't think they're sweating it.

Same goes for Iron Monger. Actually, same goes for every Iron Man figure really. Each one required a brand new build and was a one time use sort of thing (obviously II/III and IV/VI are minor exceptions).

Hot Toys has proven over and over that they dont mind making figure that cant be reused...

I would venture to say that Sully will have zero impact on Hulk. The box office will as will sales for previous Marvel figures...

Plus, look at the Tumbler. Im sure its much more laborious and expensive to produce yet they still made that with no other 1/6 vehicle's sales to compare it to to see if it would sell enough.

Now they are making it again...and another Batmobile...

The Tumbler set the precedent...so can Hulk

Plus, look at the Tumbler. Im sure its much more laborious and expensive to produce yet they still made that with no other 1/6 vehicle's sales to compare it to to see if it would sell enough.

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

I agree.
There's no way HT will base Hulk off the sales of Avatar figures.

Same goes for Iron Monger. Actually, same goes for every Iron Man figure really. Each one required a brand new build and was a one time use sort of thing (obviously II/III and IV/VI are minor exceptions).

Well let's see:

The MK I mould is being reused to the 2.0
The MK II mould was reused for the MK III & Grey exclusive figure
The bulk of the MK IV mould was reused for the MK VI & secret project & Gantry
The War Machine mould was reused for the Milk varient

It's rumoured the MK II AU mould will be reused for another MK III

So i think the only mould not used at least twice is the MK V and maybe the MK III BD, oh and the forthcoming Iron Monger.

So they used the...

MK I mould twice.
MK II mould three times
MK IV mould four times.
War Machine mould twice

With that track record, it doesn't look good for Hulk unless they can use it twice within a few years.

When is Avengers 2 due?

The original Tumbler apprently lost them a ton, i'm surprised they made it. You're kinda right (Tumbler is a vehicle not a True-Type) & they might judge the return they get on this new Tumbler to judge if Hulk is worth it to them.

______

I've got nothing against it being made, in fact i would like to see a Hulk figure i just don't see HT risking it with the amout of development and production costs coupled with a high price tag unless they have a previous single-use body making a good return for them

Hot Toys could always make a grey Hulk in the same vein as the grey Iron Man figures.

It would allow for a complete reuse of the Hulk body gaining more profit for the single mold and i'd imagine that allot of collectors would buy a grey hulk as well as a green one.

Maybe they will do a Hulk variant? Grey Hulk? Rulk?

There's no way any of us could know if HT will use a mould twice or not. They have proved time and time again that they do use a mould twice and they have proved that they are willing to produce a figure just once.

They will most certainly make Hulk.

A hulk be used for grey hulk, red hulk, compound hulk, joe fixit, smart hulk, cosmic hulk, planet hulk, maestro hulk, hulk 2.0, abomination...its got as much potential to be reused as any of the iron man bodies...

A hulk be used for grey hulk, red hulk, compound hulk, joe fixit, smart hulk, cosmic hulk, planet hulk, maestro hulk, hulk 2.0, abomination...its got as much potential to be reused as any of the iron man bodies...

Except they can't do any of them due to the fact they don't hold the comic license (maybe grey hulk, but that'd be pushing it as that is a character from comics)

They can do a milk hulk though, black hulk with white shorts or vice-versa :lol

They cant call him grey hulk but they could make a grey Hulk, not Grey Hulk...just like they did a comic war machine called Milk/Special Version...

We'll get a HT Hulk- I'm very very sure. Means this greenie will get HT more green...

a96f7751.jpg

Looks like the silver accents are here to stay. Mark IV really is undeniably the sleekest looking so far.

If I love Avengers, I'm in. If not, I'll wait for something from IM3.

They gotta watch it on their love for segmented ab armor, it's starting to look like a lobster tail.

I liked the silver on Mk VI better.

Actually I like the Mk VI better in general. Good balance between slick and looking beefy.

The koto statues aren't the best to judge by. They do wonky things with designs. This is their Mark VI:

KOTO_IronManMarkVIFineArtStatue.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back