Hot Toys Avengers Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
YES!

Phase one of my prediction begins.

Next to be announced = Hulk.

I hope so! (Although my wallet hopes not)

Here's a picture of the Hulk Avengers Hasbro figure, gives us a good sense of how he'll be in the film, I like it, looks classic, Bring on the Hot Toy!

Just because something gets a 2.0 treatment doesnt mean both arent collectibles...

I just dont see why collectors care about re-releases unless they are just in it to resell later
As best I can tell there are three kinds of people that are upset by 2.0 editions and re-releases:

1. As you said, those looking to profit from resale.

2. Impulse buyers who own so many damn figures they can't even appreciate them before a better version is announced, and feel the urge to buy the new version even if it's identical or 90% the same as the version they already own.

3. Impulse buyers who should be pickier about what they buy so that the existence of a better version doesn't piss them off. For example, if the crappy Mark I headsculpt didn't bother a person originally, it shouldn't bother them now that a good one is coming. And if it did both them originally, they should have passed on the figure.

The 2.0, version 2, version 3 joke is SO tired. :cuckoo:

Everyone thinks that re-releasing or releasing a repaint is stopping them from getting their incredibly obscure character that they will never make. :horror

With all that is being released this year alone, I'd be shocked if there aren't several characters that each of us do want.

If everyone hates how HT does business, STOP BUYING THERE PRODUCTS!:slap

You seem to have left out people who had just paid the ebay price for them.

Sucks to be them.

#3 is a good point. I bought the original Mark I without reservation for that exact reason. I have zero interest in the headsculpt. I actually have it covered with black cloth inside the helmet atm to simulate an empty helmet.

I'm also crazy picky with what I buy.

#3 is a good point. I bought the original Mark I without reservation for that exact reason. I have zero interest in the headsculpt. I actually have it covered with black cloth inside the helmet atm to simulate an empty helmet.

I'm also crazy picky with what I buy.

I don't get #3 :dunno

I bought the original XMO:Wolverine even though I didn't think the sculpt was spectacular. Wolverine is my favorite Marvel character therefore, I decided to purchase regardless. A few years later rumor of Wolverine v2 surfaces but I am not upset. I will buy the new one and keep the old one BUT I understand the other perspective.

Someone buys Wolverine thinking this is the one regardless the sculpt and later finds out a new greater version is coming. Perhaps this person doesn't want multiple versions of this character and wants to sell the old for better version. I see nothing wrong with it.

I don't buy these things thinking, oh perhaps I'll hold off until HT makes a better one. What fun is that. :cuckoo: I bought the 89 Batman then HT announces Returns license months later. I am certain Returns will be better than 89 in many areas so if I want to sell 89 Batman for Returns Batman it makes me impulsive. I am confused :dunno

I was thinking... You guys want Hulk? then you're gonna have to buy Jake Sully to get it...

Hot Toys created a unique one-license TrueType for Avatar, they can use that body with Jake Sully, Tsu-Tay, RDA Jake, and modify the torso for Neytiri and Grace. That means from that one body they can make at least 5 figures if they choose so.

To make a Hulk figure they'll have to make a one-time-use body, they can't use that body again except for Avengers 2, which is pretty far off and Hulk 2 which hasn't even been announced.

So in order to actually make the figure they'll have to spend a considerable amount on R&D and production of the figures while at the same time making it affordable to customers, the only way they'll risk that is if they have a precedent of a unique TT selling well, and that means Avatar's Jake Sully needs to sell well enough so they know they'll make enough of a return in order to risk making a body which can basically only be used just the once.

I was thinking... You guys want Hulk? then you're gonna have to buy Jake Sully to get it...

Hot Toys created a unique one-license TrueType for Avatar, they can use that body with Jake Sully, Tsu-Tay, RDA Jake, and modify the torso for Neytiri and Grace. That means from that one body they can make at least 5 figures if they choose so.

To make a Hulk figure they'll have to make a one-time-use body, they can't use that body again except for Avengers 2, which is pretty far off and Hulk 2 which hasn't even been announced.

So in order to actually make the figure they'll have to spend a considerable amount on R&D and production of the figures while at the same time making it affordable to customers, the only way they'll risk that is if they have a precedent of a unique TT selling well, and that means Avatar's Jake Sully needs to sell well enough so they know they'll make enough of a return in order to risk making a body which can basically only be used just the once.

Nah. I'll just buy Hulk if they make it.

Re-releasing or redeveloping a figure is an opportunity for new collector's to get the figures they want but can't or wont buy because of secondary market prices.

Only problem with that logic the lack of consideration of how much more popular Hulk is compared to some skinny horny smurfs. Hulk alone would probably outsell two different avatar figures simply because he's HULK and Avatar has a significantly smaller following than a character that's been around for, what, 60 years?

:exactly: I'll pass on Avatar

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

Indeed.
Although, I'll wait to see if it's built to scale correctly.

I haven't been following Avengers news too closely but do we know what Avengers Hulk will look like as far as scale? I remember seeing the 4" scale figures at NYCC and I was surprised at how small Hulk was (granted, they are not 100% finished product).

Only problem with that logic the lack of consideration of how much more popular Hulk is compared to some skinny horny smurfs. Hulk alone would probably outsell two different avatar figures simply because he's HULK and Avatar has a significantly smaller following than a character that's been around for, what, 60 years

The point is, they don't know it will sell enough to warrant the amount they have to put into developing and making it.

All they can do is judge how much a project with more application for figures and equal production costs sells.

In addition, the cost for it will be huge, meaning that will be out of scope for many people saying they'll buy Hulk, so they also can't judge how many potential customers will still buy when the price goes up.

That's why i think they'll judge the profits on Jake Sully to gauge the costs/profit ratio to see if it's worth making the Hulk.

You also have to take into account that Hot Toys develop very few new moulds each year ATM, most figures from Batman, Iron Man and Predator are developed using the same moulds tweaked for each release, a Hulk figure can only be used once, until a sequel comes along which will be too far off to make profit from again.

HT is currently making thier most profit by doing as little original moulding as possible, what makes you think they'll mould a Hulk TT for a one-time-use.

Last edited:
The point is, they don't know it will sell enough to warrant the amount they have to put into developing and making it.

All they can do is judge how much a project with more application for figures and equal production costs sells.

In addition, the cost for it will be huge, meaning that will be out of scope for many people saying they'll buy Hulk, so they also can't judge how many potential customers will still buy when the price goes up.

That's why i think they'll judge the profits on Jake Sully to gauge the costs:profit ratio to see if it's worth making the Hulk.

You also have to take into account that Hot Toys develop very few new moulds each year ATM, Batman, Iron Man and Predator are developed using the same moulds tweaked slightly for each release, a Hulk figure can only be used once, until a sequel comes along which will be too far off to make profit from again.

HT is currently making thier most profit by doing as little original moulding as possible, what makes you think they'll mould a Hulk TT for a one-time-use.

More likely they will go by the mountains of cash they made off other Marvel licenses than compare it to a completely unrelated and (merchandise wise) unproven property.

There is no precedent for the Iron Man gantry but I don't think they're sweating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back