1/6 Hot Toys - Avengers: Infinity War - Mantis

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the likeness isn't totally there yet, but what I think it really needs is more of that perpetually lost and confused look she has. The typical determined expression HT gives all their figures just doesn't fit her well at all.

View attachment 461421

Agreed, it's not Hela level quality nor does it quite capture Pom's look in the films, but I also think the shadows & lighting at SDCC aren't doing the sculpt any favors (especially in those straight on shots). The profile pic looks quite good. And it's already better than the knock off versions.

Easy there...the suns getting mighty low... :)

7e8e0cbe238521b60b1ee4ffb31f4ff6.gif

Agreed, it's not Hela level quality nor does it quite capture Pom's look in the films, but I also think the shadows & lighting at SDCC aren't doing the sculpt any favors (especially in those straight on shots). The profile pic looks quite good. And it's already better than the knock off versions.

Agreed...I have already done a 180 in regards to the Jude Law sculpt once JC Hong released his pic...so it's entirely possible I could do the same for Mantis, but for now I will say that the photos we've seen of Mantis thus far have been unimpressive.

I shall await JC to release his photo before I make my final judgment!

It might be the lighting, but I'm not loving the sculpted hair. It lacks realism to me.

Can’t wait to see the IS / Mantis pics for bloggers

“ please don’t lay your eggs in me “ :lol

Yeah we've definitely seen before how the SDCC lighting conditions aren't the best way to judge these figures.

Totally! I think the strong shadows being cast by the hair is creating a thinner look to the face. Other than that, she looks great to me.
Now to resist the temptation to order her if she goes up for preorder because that means I’ll have to get Nebula because I was thinking I could just settle with Gamora and now I’m going to spend twice as much and...oh....when will it end?!![emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Haha I don't just going to post that pic now.

That pic makes it definitely more real towards a PO for sure.

Now what to do with my Super Duck preorder. Doh !

HT has got to be better right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Hoody is right; HS pics most likely mean that a PO is on the bag (eg. it happened last year with Shuri). Now let’s just hope that HT can connect those antennae to the head more seamlessly.

I think Hoody is right; HS pics most likely mean that a PO is on the bag (eg. it happened last year with Shuri). Now let’s just hope that HT can connect those antennae to the head more seamlessly.

Definitely in the bag. Now bring us Valkyrie.

Idk, JC also posted Cesar Romero Joker and the Valkyrie sculpt back in 2017

I'm surprised they waited this long to make her. Especially considering how popular the guardians are now.

Back