1/6 Hot Toys - Avengers: Infinity War - Mantis

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considering I'm going to sell all my HTs and just keep IW and Endgame figures I'm happy she was announced as she was a part of the Battle on Titan

I'm surprised they waited this long to make her. Especially considering how popular the guardians are now.
She's been in development for some time. There were pictures of her spotted in photos of Hot Toys studio several months back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I'm actually surprised they made her at all. She's almost more of a third-tier character. Although I guess it probably helped that she played a big role in the battle against Thanos in IW.

Considering I'm going to sell all my HTs...

OE3mGzk.gif

I’ll pick her up and most likely Drax to round out both my Guardians set and Titan battle team.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. Mantis was a nice bonus. Considering JC Hong posted the head sculpt production master (trial) I'm pretty sure she'll make it. Perhaps tomorrow with the Hong Kong Con starting.

Drax is also a bit of a dilemma. I (like others) have been holding out for a modified upper torso. But with yet another Con season almost over, I'm thinking they will be sticking with the old body till the end. Including GotG 3. That screaming sculpt with daggers out and arms up actually detracts your attention from the body somewhat. So I'd be stealing that pose if I end up with this version.

Screenshot 2019-07-24 at 13.02.30.jpg

Nebula came out of left field and then they made another Star Lord. I'd say that Mantis isn't out of consideration yet but the sooner the better.

Like I said, considering JC Hong was doing a master (and posted pics of it), plus pics of Pom with the proto, I doubt they would do all that and pull the pin now.

I still think she's a 95% chance.

Back