1/6 Hot Toys - Avengers: Infinity War - Mantis

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mantis didn't make it on HTs own album? Not a good sign.

I'll take it with a grain of salt. Lest we forget...

TxIFW2C.jpg

It really is a great looking figure. I hope they actually release her at some point.

Me too ! I cancelled my third party Mantis version and lost my NRD for this.

I'm confident.

Even if I have to wait for GotG3....which if they wait until to make her then most here will be saying she'll never be made.

That's if the new server makes it that far :lol

Me too ! I cancelled my third party Mantis version and lost my NRD for this.

I'm confident.

Even if I have to wait for GotG3....which if they wait until to make her then most here will be saying she'll never be made.

That's if the new server makes it that far :lol

My fear if they wait until GotG3 is that her look will change and I'm pretty much strictly collecting Infinity War and Endgame. Hopefully, she'll see the light of day sometime next year. I would've thought Hulk and Thor from EG would've been pre-ordered by now as well...

My fear if they wait until GotG3 is that her look will change and I'm pretty much strictly collecting Infinity War and Endgame. Hopefully, she'll see the light of day sometime next year. I would've thought Hulk and Thor from EG would've been pre-ordered by now as well...

I'd say they are giving Marvel collectors wallets a bit of breathing room. It's been a pretty intense year for IW and Endgame figures.

Hot Toys also has to catch up themselves on Star Wars and dare I say DC, plus any other stuff. So I also wouldn't be surprised if she shows up next year either.

But yes, good point about the costume. GotG3 won't be out until 2022 so they have time to release this version from that aspect as well.

Why's that ? So bases match ?

For me it's more the assumption that if it's GotG3, they'll have a costume change that won't match her IW/EG look. Since that look has been teased, hopefully they'll release sooner than later but who knows. The bases matching doesn't bother me as long as the figure has the look from the film... I've got Vision from AoU, Falcon from CW and both fit in with my IW collection...

Fair enough I can jump on that "I want her now" wagon too !

For me it's pretty rare that JC Hong posts a pic of the master head sculpt and then it doesn't happen.

However I know it is possible that it doesn't mean anything. There was one figure where they showed heaps of painted heads, but then it either wasn't released or it came a long time later.

I have a feeling she'll be one of those surprise releases. One random Friday she'll be up for pre-order. A bit like Nebula.

Fair enough I can jump on that "I want her now" wagon too !

For me it's pretty rare that JC Hong posts a pic of the master head sculpt and then it doesn't happen.

However I know it is possible that it doesn't mean anything. There was one figure where they showed heaps of painted heads, but then it either wasn't released or it came a long time later.

I have a feeling she'll be one of those surprise releases. One random Friday she'll be up for pre-order. A bit like Nebula.

You're probably correct, but she won't be as surprising as Nebula, who wasn't shown anywhere prior to being put up for pre-order.

You're probably correct, but she won't be as surprising as Nebula, who wasn't shown anywhere prior to being put up for pre-order.

True, Nebula was one of the more memorable surprise releases. She's going to look great next to Yondu, Starlord etc. All in their Ravager gear :lol

Back