1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Infinity War 1/6th scale Black Widow collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this IW version completely gun-free? Looks like the thigh holsters are only for her batons? I keep asking the same question: “Is she still Black Widow or is she Mockingbird?”

The person makes the character, not the costume...

Is she, all of a sudden, not Black Widow anymore?

04-captain-american-civil-war-scarlett.w710.h473.2x.jpg

Is this IW version completely gun-free? Looks like the thigh holsters are only for her batons? I keep asking the same question: “Is she still Black Widow or is she Mockingbird?”

Exactly. I can't imagine she would be much use against those big 4 armed Outrider creatures with just some batons. But its the perfect opportunity to give her a sniper rifle and just let her take them out from a distance. Like shes trained to do.

Is she, all of a sudden, not Black Widow anymore?

This is absolutely true, and for the movie I get it- She is still Black Widow in the story regardless of what she wears in the movie. BUT when it comes to collecting figures of movies based on comics I don't blame anyone for saying she doesn't "look like Black Widow".

black-widow-in-avengers-infinity-war-2018-54-720x1280.jpg

This does look pretty cool, so I also don't blame anyone for saying they would want this. Especially for those where the films and the actor override any other interpretation of the character; but she doesn't look like Black Widow anymore in the classic sense.

I do think if anyone makes a good Adrianne Palicki head, all you would need to to do would be to swap it on and lose the bracelets and you have a great Mockingbird.

This is absolutely true, and for the movie I get it- She is still Black Widow in the story regardless of what she wears in the movie. BUT when it comes to collecting figures of movies based on comics I don't blame anyone for saying she doesn't "look like Black Widow".

View attachment 397901

This does look pretty cool, so I also don't blame anyone for saying they would want this. Especially for those where the films and the actor override any other interpretation of the character; but she doesn't look like Black Widow anymore in the classic sense.

I do think if anyone makes a good Adrianne Palicki head, all you would need to to do would be to swap it on and lose the bracelets and you have a great Mockingbird.

I don’t get it does she have two vests..some shots looks like she’s wearing a green vest

I loved the blond hair in promo artworks but I don't think the haircut looks good on set pics, not even in the trailer. XD Maybe the HT figure will improve the look.

I do hope they use the CW sculpt coz that's a gorgeous sculpt. Very life-like and a great expression. :)

We are talking about a movie based on a comic book. In comics, artists are hard pressed to produce books every month so they sometimes fall back on drawing men and women with the exact same style of body and face, so in order to differentiate every character, the give them different costumes, hair styles, colors, and signature weapons. Putting Black Widow on screen with what looks like Mockingbird's signature weapons as well as giving BW Mockingbird's hair color robs MB of what little makes her unique visually especially since the MCU MB hasn't been depicted in a costume that resembles her comic look at all. It'd be like putting War Machine in an old Iron Man armor in the exact same colors.
At least that depiction of BW you posted has one of her most well known hair colors.

It's not a big deal, but at least the filmmakers should understand the language of comics if they're going to adapt them into a movie.

...This does look pretty cool, so I also don't blame anyone for saying they would want this. Especially for those where the films and the actor override any other interpretation of the character; but she doesn't look like Black Widow anymore in the classic sense.

Exactly!!!

We are talking about a movie based on a comic book. In comics, artists are hard pressed to produce books every month so they sometimes fall back on drawing men and women with the exact same style of body and face, so in order to differentiate every character, the give them different costumes, hair styles, colors, and signature weapons. Putting Black Widow on screen with what looks like Mockingbird's signature weapons as well as giving BW Mockingbird's hair color robs MB of what little makes her unique visually especially since the MCU MB hasn't been depicted in a costume that resembles her comic look at all. It'd be like putting War Machine in an old Iron Man armor in the exact same colors.
At least that depiction of BW you posted has one of her most well known hair colors.

It's not a big deal, but at least the filmmakers should understand the language of comics if they're going to adapt them into a movie.

Pretty sure they get the language of comics. How many times has a character switched weapons, costumes, armor, or heck even sex in a comic. Especially over a nearly ten year span. Black widow has had hundreds of costumes. That is comics. She doesn’t even look the same week to week or artist to artist so saying the films are missing the way comics do it by changing up a look is pretty silly man.

Pretty sure they get the language of comics. How many times has a character switched weapons, costumes, armor, or heck even sex in a comic. Especially over a nearly ten year span. Black widow has had hundreds of costumes. That is comics. She doesn’t even look the same week to week or artist to artist so saying the films are missing the way comics do it by changing up a look is pretty silly man.

Yup, true, agreed... comics reinterpret their characters all the time. While this look doesn't represent a particular comic interpretation (that I am aware of) it is consistent with comics to continually update and renew the character looks (and sometimes they go back to classic looks too). I think it's fair of the movie universe to evolve on it's own and try things that make sense for their version of the characters. This costume makes sense as an evolution of the MCU version of the character. I have no problem with this choice for the film; particularly because they started out with a classic look for the character already. BUT, as a collector, I am not really interested in the particular MCU look because I like it when the costumes at least echo the classic comic costumes. At the same time there have been 4 versions of BW that did that, so I don't mind that they made this for other collectors who might like it. I just wish we could see a movie version of the 80's comic look for BW at some point.

The CW sculpt successfully duplicated the trademark ScarJo frown.
I am looking forward to the IW BW reveal as well...

Based on what I've seen the HT Widow is gorgeous. Hate to say it but the fig's hair looked better because it had more volume - BUT re the film Natasha is a spy. If you are on the run, hair is easiest thing to change and in theory Nastasha's face had been all over the news. She needed to NOT be memorable.

So I like that. Re any comments about Hunger Games mostly what sticks in my head is the bow and arrow, the long braid - didn't pay much attention to the outfits. With Natasha IMO ScarJo WEARS that catsuit and the variants. I'm looking forward to my Widow #3 and hopefully another SW.

I'd go for Okoye too if HT starts releasing some ladies...

Yup, true, agreed... comics reinterpret their characters all the time. While this look doesn't represent a particular comic interpretation (that I am aware of) it is consistent with comics to continually update and renew the character looks (and sometimes they go back to classic looks too). I think it's fair of the movie universe to evolve on it's own and try things that make sense for their version of the characters. This costume makes sense as an evolution of the MCU version of the character. I have no problem with this choice for the film; particularly because they started out with a classic look for the character already. BUT, as a collector, I am not really interested in the particular MCU look because I like it when the costumes at least echo the classic comic costumes. At the same time there have been 4 versions of BW that did that, so I don't mind that they made this for other collectors who might like it. I just wish we could see a movie version of the 80's comic look for BW at some point.

Agreed. It’s not my favorite look either. Like the IM2 and CW looks best. And an 80s look would be cool. They grey suit right?

She’s had so many odd looks in comics. I mean she started out as like a madame right? Wearing some quilted looking suit with a scarlet witch type mask. I’m cool if they wanna try it all. I hope every person gets every figure or look they want. If I don’t want it that fine.

I mean think about all the costumes Storm or wolverine or Batman or Superman or aqua man have had over the years. Changes all the time. And when films don’t change we can see what happens to you manufacturing companies. It’s why there was no vision from CW dropped. Who’s dropping 225 for an identical figure with a new base just like a year after the last one? Probably not many people.

I believe the longer hair versions are more popular on film and for HT BW figures. The short hair BWs just feels off for some reason and HT is horrible in handling short rooted hair. Technically speaking, the movie MCU never had a Mockingbird, so I guess combining the BW looks, skills & weapon sets with that character is okay. I still remember when AoS first introduced Mockingbird, people were calling her the knock-off BW. So it's only fair that we now call it the other way around. I am still waiting for the time for BW to wield a proper sniper rifle in that iconic pose of her with her rifle!!!

Thank you!
My sentiments as well.

Here is the most "classic" I think most people think of...
7287059.jpg
A lot of the more modern comic takes, including the movies, are based on this.

... And an 80s look would be cool. They grey suit right?
Right
Black-Widow-Avengers-Marvel-1980s-profile-h.jpg

She’s had so many odd looks in comics. I mean she started out as like a madame right?

Right. This would make a great little easter egg in a scene where she is undercover if they ever do a solo movie.
Black-Widow-Marvel-Comics-Natalia-Romanova-1-a.jpg

Wearing some quilted looking suit with a scarlet witch type mask.

Right, Not sure, it could ever really translate to well on film though..
7287063.jpg

I’m cool if they wanna try it all. I hope every person gets every figure or look they want. If I don’t want it that fine.

Yup me too... They don't always have to make the version I prefer if there is a market for different ones. :duff

Here is the most "classic" I think most people think of...
View attachment 397978
A lot of the more modern comic takes, including the movies, are based on this.

Right
View attachment 397975

Right. This would make a great little easter egg in a scene where she is undercover if they ever do a solo movie.
View attachment 397974

Right, Not sure, it could ever really translate to well on film though..
View attachment 397977

Yup me too... They don't always have to make the version I prefer if there is a market for different ones. :duff

Good post!

You're obviously not a fan of Mockingbird if you could care less that BW stole her iconic batons. The comic version of Black Widow doesn't use them.

Back