Hot Toys Avengers: Infinity War 1/6th Hulkbuster 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The vinyl material was never something Hot Toys was hiding from us, and should not be a surprise to anyone. It was in the description since the beginning.
I saw it then and decided not to order because of that and the Power Pose nature. I believe it is priced accordingly for its massive size, but no one should have expected any more articulation than what it has because that was listed too. (The video reviewers seem surprised they can't move it much) If you look at the prototype shots, you can see the softer look of vinyl used too. It's most evident in the head close up and hand close up shots. Just look at the abdomen area. This was not advertised one way, and changed for production. It was always planned to be a different material.

From Sideshow's site:

ABOUT THIS SIXTH SCALE FIGURE
The long-awaited Avengers: Infinity War is finally here.

Ten years in the making, the Marvel Cinematic Universe is coming to a head when its superheroes come together to battle against the Mad Titan himself. As one of the most powerful suits in Iron Man’s arsenal, the Hulkbuster armor is back to protect Wakanda from Thanos's invading army!

Sideshow and Hot Toys are thrilled to officially introduce the spectacular Hulkbuster Sixth Scale Power Pose Collectible Figure.

The screen authentic vinyl-made collectible figure under Power Pose series is specially crafted based on the appearance of Hulkbuster in Avengers: Infinity War. This colossal figure stands approximately 50cm tall with 18 LED light-up functions scattered throughout the armor. This sixth scale figure is meticulously painted in iconic metallic red, gold and silver with weathering effect, and features two pairs of interchangeable hands including a pair of fist and a pair of relaxed hands, and semi-articulated body with the ability to perform head, arms, wrist and waist movements.

I think the paint quality on the production figure makes it look much more like vinyl though. The way the prototype was painted made it look more metallic.

What a piece of vinyl crap!!! Now I am going to cancel and first time I am going to lose my $43 NRD.
The promo pics look good. The paint app is darker and more metallic. Just a damn shame. F@#$k this!!

What a piece of vinyl crap!!! Now I am going to cancel and first time I am going to lose my $43 NRD.
The promo pics look good. The paint app is darker and more metallic. Just a damn shame. F@#$k this!!

If it's SSC they do (or a least did) give a freebie on your 1st. Call them they might move the NRD to something else.

I also think they might use discretion in this case if it does look worse than the previous pics

I saw this in person a few days ago at Toy Sapiens in Tokyo... it looks terrible. Not even close to Hot Toys quality. I know people will say "It's just the proto", but I can't see how the final will be any better. So many of the parts are made from a single cast, so it lacks the natural detail you get from a typical armour, your eye picks it up right away. And the vinyl looks so, so, so bad. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Here's my post from last May where I tried to warn people about the quality of this figure and was summarily bombarded with "it's just the proto you don't know what your'e talking about" posts. :rotfl

Here's my post from last May where I tried to warn people about the quality of this figure and was summarily bombarded with "it's just the proto you don't know what your'e talking about" posts. :rotfl

I'm pretty sure our eyes warned us as well...there's always a stubborn batch that always insist things will look better in-person

I'm pretty sure our eyes warned us as well...there's always a stubborn batch that always insist things will look better in-person
Because in some cases it actually does or the person has their own subjective opinion on how it looks?

Yeah, perhaps the majority will find that this looks bad, but there will also be people who actually like it. :/

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Got a $200 Sideshow gift card for my birthday. Pondering using it on this guy but I’ve seen so many negative reviews .... for those who have it, is it a worthy addition to your collections?

If not, I think I’ll use it on 1/4 Mark III.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a $200 Sideshow gift card for my birthday. Pondering using it on this guy but I’ve seen so many negative reviews .... for those who have it, is it a worthy addition to your collections?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the Mark III would be a much better option honestly

1/4 Mk III. Or another big ticket Iron Man figure like the Mk IV with Gantry, Mk VII, or Mk 85. I like the Hulkbuster 2.0 and don't mind it's basically a vinyl statue, but I think it will be available eventually at a discount.

Not sure why so many seem disappointed. To me this is pretty much what was to be expected. I think that overly metallic paint up on the proto looked cool but wasn't accurate to how it looked in the movie. Only thing that I see them messing up is making the grey parts way too dark grey when they should've been closer to silver.

This is a pretty good montage of pics from a bunch of different photographers:

Back