Hot Toys Avengers: Infinity War 1/6th Hulkbuster 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty sure our eyes warned us as well...there's always a stubborn batch that always insist things will look better in-person

Nah, people always talk about how much X figure is going to suck before the release, and then after the release everyone talks about how awesome it is. It’s the normal forum progression.

I’ll be happy to have both Hulkbusters in my collection. I’m trying to avoid spoilers for Endgame, but I’d get 3.0 too. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some quick phone pics!

fe578b0e9335ec6e592ed83ed13aa558.jpg
8288572f8dc79f18418927f4183e7b35.jpg
06438ec63b974c380b60a178d671cfd4.jpg
2b722b5c85ae0d0a54b43a629f291ab4.jpg
9e7815d166494e43b19dcd296364b4bc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Opened my 2.0, and I think it’s great. I also own the MMS Hulkbuster. For the money, I just don’t see how you could get the shelf presence that this adds for $400. It’s about as much bang for the buck that a Hot Toy collector can get. Gladiator Hulk might be a similarly good value.

I like that they made some paint changes from the prototype in the abs area too.

Opened my 2.0, and I think it’s great. I also own the MMS Hulkbuster. For the money, I just don’t see how you could get the shelf presence that this adds for $400. It’s about as much bang for the buck that a Hot Toy collector can get. Gladiator Hulk might be a similarly good value.

I like that they made some paint changes from the prototype in the abs area too.

So which ones better ?

So which ones better ?

I don’t know if I can answer that, both are great. The original Hulkbuster is somewhat a pain in the butt to pose, and has very limited articulation. The hidden bust/figure is cool I guess, but I’d have preferred more articulation.

Hulkbuster 2.0 is smaller in size, has very little articulation, but has a better/more dynamic pose than you can achieve with the original. So I’d say the original is better overall, but not for double the price.

Either one could be the centerpiece of your Hot Toy collection. I remember when I thought that about the “giant” Iron Monger. Iron Monger is tiny in comparison to either of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was just reading on FB and I can't believe some people didn't know this wasn't a fully articulated figure. Like it's barely more expensive than a normal Iron Man suit. Some were even calling for die cast! It's amazing how little research some people do lol.

I don’t know if I can answer that, both are great. The original Hulkbuster is somewhat a pain in the butt to pose, and has very limited articulation. The hidden bust/figure is cool I guess, but I’d have preferred more articulation.

Hulkbuster 2.0 is smaller in size, has very little articulation, but has a better/more dynamic pose than you can achieve with the original. So I’d say the original is better overall, but not for double the price.

Either one could be the centerpiece of your Hot Toy collection. I remember when I thought that about the “giant” Iron Monger. Iron Monger is tiny in comparison to either of these.

My main concern was the detail, or lack thereof in the smaller areas of the Power Pose. Do you see that smaller details are simply moulded in and painted over in not as much detail as the original Hulkbuster ?

My main concern was the detail, or lack thereof in the smaller areas of the Power Pose. Do you see that smaller details are simply moulded in and painted over in not as much detail as the original Hulkbuster ?

This figure does not have the "hot toys" feel to it. The detail is noticeably lacking, parts are obviously made and then painted from a single cast.

This figure does not have the "hot toys" feel to it. The detail is noticeably lacking, parts are obviously made and then painted from a single cast.

Well yeah, that’s how they made it. That said, the paint application seems to be of normal Hot Toys quality to me. It’s a very impressive display piece.

Do you have one in-hand Skiller?

Well yeah, that’s how they made it. That said, the paint application seems to be of normal Hot Toys quality to me. It’s a very impressive display piece.

Do you have one in-hand Skiller?

I do. It's honestly the first buyers remorse I've felt in my time collecting HT. I'm also unsure of how to unload this thing to anyone as shipping it is going to suck.

I agree that the paint app is good BUT, as I stated the lack of undergated parts is painfully obvious. Glad for the people who are stoked on it, but it's just not for me.

I do. It's honestly the first buyers remorse I've felt in my time collecting HT. I'm also unsure of how to unload this thing to anyone as shipping it is going to suck.

Personally, I'd just be happy to claw back what I could and then put that towards a figure that will spark joy. Sometimes you just have to take the hit and move on.

Well since it made like a 2 minute appearance in EG, maybe HT will consider giving it another go at a fully articulated figure instead of a power pose. One can only hope!

I agree that the paint app is good BUT, as I stated the lack of undergated parts is painfully obvious. Glad for the people who are stoked on it, but it's just not for me.

You can sell it and get most of your money back. I wasn’t thrilled with HPP Igor and sold mine off on this forum. I’ve sold off dozens of HT figures on here.

I guess it should also be noted, I’m one of the few guys here who likes the Power Pose series. I sold off my Diecast MK42, but kept the Power Pose for example. I like that the Power Pose figures are posed in a way that the regular figures cannot. After I’ve owned pretty much every Marvel HT that has ever been released, so I look for stuff that will look different in my display.

You can sell it and get most of your money back. I wasn’t thrilled with HPP Igor and sold mine off on this forum. I’ve sold off dozens of HT figures on here.

I guess it should also be noted, I’m one of the few guys here who likes the Power Pose series. I sold off my Diecast MK42, but kept the Power Pose for example. I like that the Power Pose figures are posed in a way that the regular figures cannot. After I’ve owned pretty much every Marvel HT that has ever been released, so I look for stuff that will look different in my display.

Fair enough, I do like the light up convenience you get with the PP figures. This guy also takes up ALLOT of shelf space, which is starting to become a rare commodity these days.

What are your thoughts on 2.0? Especially compared to the look, in hand, of other armors?

Took me a while to reply to this but I think it fits in very well with all the other armors released thus far.

I haven't owned a Powerpose before. The paint is not as bad as I was led to believe based on earlier reviews and neither are the details for what it is.

Next to HB 1.0 it looks smaller, but if not for that, this guy is indeed BIG. The things I definitely appreciate are the lights and the pose. Compared to my HB 1.0, I like the fact that the 2.0 achieves a more dynamic pose due to being PPS, which makes my 1.0 look like a stiff board lol.

Both figures have their pros and cons, but would I pay as much as I did for the 1.0 to have this thing be (articulated)? Probably not. For me, I don't utilize the articulation in the 1.0, so the price point and what you get for this figure is just right for me. I would actually take a HB 1.0 in PPS if it was offered.

Took me a while to reply to this but I think it fits in very well with all the other armors released thus far.

I haven't owned a Powerpose before. The paint is not as bad as I was led to believe based on earlier reviews and neither are the details for what it is.

Next to HB 1.0 it looks smaller, but if not for that, this guy is indeed BIG. The things I definitely appreciate are the lights and the pose. Compared to my HB 1.0, I like the fact that the 2.0 achieves a more dynamic pose due to being PPS, which makes my 1.0 look like a stiff board lol.

Both figures have their pros and cons, but would I pay as much as I did for the 1.0 to have this thing be (articulated)? Probably not. For me, I don't utilize the articulation in the 1.0, so the price point and what you get for this figure is just right for me. I would actually take a HB 1.0 in PPS if it was offered.

I’d argue that the Hulkbuster 1.0 is basically a Power Pose figure since the articulation is so limited by the gimmick design choice. Honestly, who displays their Hulkbuster with a Diecast figure in it to actually take advantage of that?

It was a bad decision that not only delayed the figure by minimally a year, but doesn’t improve how the figure displays. It’s only really an advantage as a talking point.

Back