Hot Toys Avengers: Infinity War 1/6th Hulkbuster 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let’s hope not. The sole benifit to diecast is weight. The first one really heavy to start with. There’s zero need for diecast. Just weaken the joints, increase shipping tocrazy levels and add cost.

Very true, every time I move my 43 around I forget how heavy that thing is. I can't even imagine what a HB would be at full diecast, nor do I want to.

I was going to point out that the chest design eliminates the problem of the armor sagging over/covering the central arc reactor, but if it's a power pose or statue that would never be an issue anyway...

Logically, Power Pose is possible, but I don't see that happening. The only Iron Man figure that Hot Toys made as a Power Pose only was Red Snapper. And considering Hot Toys has somewhat of a template for a figure this size, they'd be crazy not to use it again. They could profit so much more this time around. And I've never seen a display at a show where Hot Toys mixed in a statue with 1/6 figures. Does Hot Toys even make 1/5 statues?

Looks good..... im going to have to pass on it.... $1000 is to much for a megaman figure with bruce banner in it.

Logically, Power Pose is possible, but I don't see that happening. The only Iron Man figure that Hot Toys made as a Power Pose only was Red Snapper. And considering Hot Toys has somewhat of a template for a figure this size, they'd be crazy not to use it again. They could profit so much more this time around. And I've never seen a display at a show where Hot Toys mixed in a statue with 1/6 figures. Does Hot Toys even make 1/5 statues?

They did Power pose for the mk42 as well.

They did Power pose for the mk42 as well.

I know. And 46 and 47. But full MMS figures were also made of those 3. Red Snapper was the only armor made as a power pose ONLY. There is no MMS for Red Snapper.

My point is, since Red Snapper was the only power pose figure ever made without an mms also made, IF this becomes a production figure, I don't see it being a power pose because the odds are VERY against it. Especially since they'd probably never do a power pose version AND an MMS

Yeah I think this angle is pretty telling, there is clearly no joint between the wrist and arm.

452d55fbc2666023bf4cf6dc77db50ef.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It could see it happening as a power pose. At SDCC last year Howard said the JL batemobile would cost $2000 if they made it and that they might make it a statue (power Pose?) instead. So if costs to produce a articulated HB have gone up and if they lost money on the last one they might do a PP to make it affordable.

Another thing to consider is this: All of the existing design/tooling/R&D they have, that people keep bringing up in the argument for "reusing what they have"... it's all based around a figure that you put another figure inside of.

Thus far, the general assumption is that Banner is inside the HB 2.0, not Tony in an existing armor. They might make a lot of figures from IW, but I doubt we're going to see another Banner figure.

No current Banner figure to put inside the HB2.0 means there's no reason to allow a figure inside the 2.0, which means there's no reason to use the structural tooling from the 1.0.

Additionally, the HB2.0 may actually be smaller overall (in the movie) if it was designed with Banner in mind, because he wouldn't be in an armor. inside another armor.

Frankly, I'd be thrilled if this were a PP figure/statue in scale. I love my HB 1.0, but we've all seen how limited the posing options are, even with articulation. Shave a few hundred off the price, don't make me wait 3 years, and I'll take a less-articulated second HB.

For what it's worth, it doesn't look like the name card in front of buster says power pose series... It kinda looks like the MMS logo next to the hot toys logo on the bottom right, but none of the pictures are close enough to make it out enough to be sure.

I know. And 46 and 47. But full MMS figures were also made of those 3. Red Snapper was the only armor made as a power pose ONLY. There is no MMS for Red Snapper.

My point is, since Red Snapper was the only power pose figure ever made without an mms also made, IF this becomes a production figure, I don't see it being a power pose because the odds are VERY against it. Especially since they'd probably never do a power pose version AND an MMS

Peacemaker too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another thing to consider is this: All of the existing design/tooling/R&D they have, that people keep bringing up in the argument for "reusing what they have"... it's all based around a figure that you put another figure inside of.

Thus far, the general assumption is that Banner is inside the HB 2.0, not Tony in an existing armor. They might make a lot of figures from IW, but I doubt we're going to see another Banner figure.

No current Banner figure to put inside the HB2.0 means there's no reason to allow a figure inside the 2.0, which means there's no reason to use the structural tooling from the 1.0.

Additionally, the HB2.0 may actually be smaller overall (in the movie) if it was designed with Banner in mind, because he wouldn't be in an armor. inside another armor.

Frankly, I'd be thrilled if this were a PP figure/statue in scale. I love my HB 1.0, but we've all seen how limited the posing options are, even with articulation. Shave a few hundred off the price, don't make me wait 3 years, and I'll take a less-articulated second HB.

Keep in mind HT designed the Hulkbuster TWICE. The first one had no figure in it. They could be going back to their original plans for this one.

Either way, since I already have 1.0 and am quite happy with it, this is an easy pass. I have NO room for 2 hulkbuster displays.

Back