Hot Toys Avengers: Infinity War 1/6th Hulkbuster 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No doubt they read all the negative comments and walk away.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to him and the first reviews.

These pics look great and as far as I'm concerned there is no way to tell if he's fully articulated or not.

Going to look mega impressive on the shelf !

027753eee51f0ef36873d9153f7d986c.jpg

84f218541e1e115f51827c34d0543862.jpg

76ea85421f0c1474c801fc5be375fda2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm surprised the photographers didn't put him next to the AoU buster for any shots. That's what I'm most interested in seeing.

I'm surprised the photographers didn't put him next to the AoU buster for any shots. That's what I'm most interested in seeing.

I guess we'll need to wait for the "rich" reviewers to do that.

But yes I'll be looking forward to that comparison too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's not a lot of chatter or commotion from when I first posted the final product photos last night...

The excitement seems to be lacking.
I don't remember the last time anyone was excited for a PPS to be fair [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Does anyone have a pic of the 1st hulkbuster in different poses. Just curious how much articulation you can get from the 1st one is all.

Does anyone have a pic of the 1st hulkbuster in different poses. Just curious how much articulation you can get from the 1st one is all.

You get very limited articulation with HB 1.0. I have mine posed about as dynamically as possible.

I think the 2.0 looks f-ing awesome. You complainers suck. I’ll have 1.0 and 2.0 in my display and be happy I have the pair.

50f38d93ca6f05047614dd7637252690.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't remember the last time anyone was excited for a PPS to be fair [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I like the Power Pose figures. I can’t help that a lot of the guys here are close-minded. I’ve owned nearly every Marvel and DC Hot Toy Figure, and the Power Pose figures look GREAT in a display with them.

You get very limited articulation with HB 1.0. I have mine posed about as dynamically as possible.

I think the 2.0 looks f-ing awesome. You complainers suck. I’ll have 1.0 and 2.0 in my display and be happy I have the pair.

Cool. Thank you kindly. I really appreciate it. I'm all in until I get tired of my collection. heh.

And to get the head articulation I wanted, and the ability to turn the head to the side that much, required me to lift the head up from where it normally supposed to be seated. So if the head was in the “correct” spot, you can’t turn it nearly that much (as the picture I posted above).

The HB 1.0 really has VERY little articulation which is why I see the 2.0 as a great value. It’s going to offer as much shelf presence, or possibly more due to a better dynamic pose, and it is half the price.

I don’t understand the hate at all. If I get in in-hand and it sucks, then fine...But as of now, it looks awesome to me. And isn’t this less expensive than the new MK50? I’m getting both, but I don’t understand the argument that this is overpriced.

What you really want me to show is the HB 2.0 next to my other Power Pose figure, right? [emoji12]

I think Hot Toys made the right call making this a PPS release. Even with very limited articulation, it'll still have a lot of shelf presence. Which is all anyone really wants out of these figures anyway.

The Mk 44 Hulkbuster is amazing, but I think it's a bit over engineered for something that you still get very limited articulation from. Plus it's not like you're playing with it all the time. Most people will take it out, pose it, and leave it. I honestly don't think they needed to redesign it to incorporate the full Mk 43 either. I know I would never put my figure in there.

These really massive pieces have a smaller audience relatively speaking, especially for this one seeing as the timing of the two films means most people will be on to Endgame figures soon. Making this a PPS figure and lowering the price point made it a lot less risky for them I think.

Last edited:
I think Hot Toys made the right call making this a PPS release. Even with very limited articulation, it'll still have a lot of shelf presence. Which is all anyone really wants out of these figures anyway.

The Mk 44 Hulkbuster is amazing, but I think it's a bit over engineered for something that you still get very limited articulation from. Plus it's not like you're playing with it all the time. Most people will take it out, pose it, and leave it. I honestly don't think they needed to redesign it to incorporate the full Mk 43 either. I know I would never put my figure in there.

These really massive pieces have a smaller audience relatively speaking, especially for this one seeing as the timing of the two films means most people will be on to Endgame figures soon. Making this a PPS figure and lowering the price point made it a lot less risky for them I think.

The first one was pretty much a Power pose anyway. that gimmick ruined the potential it had to be a great figure

I agree that the redesign to fit the Mark 43 completely inside was unnecessary, but being able to open up the hulkbuster to see the Mark 43 bust inside I think is a great feature and should be counted as part of the articulation. It allows people to change up their display (some sort of swap out design here to show Banner inside would have been great). And even with the limited pose-ability, I've still been able to change things up a fair amount. I know a lot of people here want something more than just a static statue - the same with how a lot of the transformers people want figures that actually transform (and are willing to pay a lot more for that extra engineering required). There are a lot of hot toys figures that you can't get much pose-ability out of, but the limited pose-ability is enough for many.

The first one was pretty much a Power pose anyway. that gimmick ruined the potential it had to be a great figure

Exactly. Just the bust would’ve been fine. It’s rare for Hot Toys to listen to fans but it’s still weird they capitulated on that of all things.

I agree there isn’t much variety to the HB 1.0’s posing options if you don’t open it up to show the Mk 43 bust. But I think once the jackhammer arm accessory is available, we’ll see some people get quite creative with it and their Hulk figures.

Back