Hot Toys Avengers: Infinity War 1/6th Hulkbuster 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure what’s gone on with you recently, because your posts weren’t always as they are now, but the negativity is just outrageous. The entitlement is outrageous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's nothing said his post that doesn't seem to be true IMO.

There's nothing said his post that doesn't seem to be true IMO.

If that was the only post stating his opinion then sure. But it’s literally been 5 months of bashing Hot Toys or giving a wise crack about the company operations/decisions. It’s just tiring and it’s like beating a dead horse.

The Power Pose issue about it not being a true articulated figure has been discussed for the last year.

Not sure what’s gone on with you recently, because your posts weren’t always as they are now, but the negativity is just outrageous. The entitlement is outrageous.

Lol what?! The negativity only stems from HT's recent colossal letdowns. The IW Cap and BP 2.0 were both major step backs in what we have come to expect...plastic outfit for Cap, weak likeness to Chris Evans, the jagged 3 separate piece hair with visible seams, and the drastic downgrade in the Chadwick headsculpt and let's not forget the pathetic STYROFOAM light stand???

If anything I would say the downgrades and inconsistencies in HT's quality is the only that's "outrageous". I don't think it's "entitlement" on my part to expect a company that charges a heavy premium and prides itself with its unrivaled quality and likeness to deliver as such!

If you want me in a rosier mood then tell HT to stop cutting corners and deliver quality!

If that was the only post stating his opinion then sure. But it’s literally been 5 months of bashing Hot Toys or giving a wise crack about the company operations/decisions. It’s just tiring and it’s like beating a dead horse.

The Power Pose issue about it not being a true articulated figure has been discussed for the last year.

Also, how is it negative or bashing on my part to say that I will pass on the Power Pose in lieu of the likely 2.0 of this figure? We all know HT is the king of double and triple dipping. It's only a matter of time before they milk this figure again at a $1k price tag for a fully articulated figure that comes with a Bruce Banner.

And is it not true that HT is rushing out the entire IW line? You may disagree about them sacrificing quality at the expense of the expedited release, but one thing is true and that is they are definitely rushing. And let me ask you, how often does something turn out extraordinary when it hasn't been given ample time for research and development and on top of that they have to deliver on a tight deadline?

That sure sounds like a recipe for greatness...NOT! :panic:

Also, how is it negative or bashing on my part to say that I will pass on the Power Pose in lieu of the likely 2.0 of this figure? We all know HT is the king of double and triple dipping. It's only a matter of time before they milk this figure again at a $1k price tag for a fully articulated figure that comes with a Bruce Banner.

And is it not true that HT is rushing out the entire IW line? You may disagree about them sacrificing quality at the expense of the expedited release, but one thing is true and that is they are definitely rushing. And let me ask you, how often does something turn out extraordinary when it hasn't been given ample time for research and development and on top of that they have to deliver on a tight deadline?

That sure sounds like a recipe for greatness...NOT! :panic:

I don’t think anyone knows if Hot Toys is rushing or not with IW. Nobody on these boards knows the company’s work capacity, nor the R&D process.

It’s a big maybe if they revisit this Hulkbuster 2.0. If it sells well, then maybe. If not, then probably not. More figures haven’t been remade by a long shot than those that have.

Look, I haven’t said anything about your comments for 5 months, up until now and about a week ago. You’ve gone on and on about one figure after another. Everybody on the board understands your points.

And no, your opinion about the power pose on its surface isn’t bad, a little snarky, but not terrible. But when you combine it with everything else you’ve already said 20 times, it’s coming off as yet another gmoney hot take on repeat about Hot Toys quality.

I’m not a yes man to Hot Toys, and I don’t always think they do an amazing job, & sometimes I think they are a little loose with their advertising tactics regarding articulation, but I don’t consistently harp on the same thing over and over. That’s the issue I have with your comments, the repeated comments, just like you did with Cap right now. It’s almost half a year since the release and you still mention the hair seam.

I don’t think anyone knows if Hot Toys is rushing or not with IW. Nobody on these boards knows the company’s work capacity, nor the R&D process.

It’s a big maybe if they revisit this Hulkbuster 2.0. If it sells well, then maybe. If not, then probably not. More figures haven’t been remade by a long shot than those that have.

Look, I haven’t said anything about your comments for 5 months, up until now and about a week ago. You’ve gone on and on about one figure after another. Everybody on the board understands your points.

And no, your opinion about the power pose on its surface isn’t bad, a little snarky, but not terrible. But when you combine it with everything else you’ve already said 20 times, it’s coming off as yet another gmoney hot take on repeat about Hot Toys quality.

I’m not a yes man to Hot Toys, and I don’t always think they do an amazing job, & sometimes I think they are a little loose with their advertising tactics regarding articulation, but I don’t consistently harp on the same thing over and over. That’s the issue I have with your comments, the repeated comments, just like you did with Cap right now. It’s almost half a year since the release and you still mention the hair seam.

In fairness to gmoney, he hasn't chimed in on the quality of the Cap sculpt in the IW Cap thread in quite a while, and he only did so here as an example to defend himself. And while I may not agree that the quality of the Cap & BP sculpts are as bad as he thinks, there's no denying that they're not on par with the best HT has done. Now whether that's due to rushing things out or some other factors (inexperience sculpting bearded figures, launching different production facilities, etc.) is anyone's guess. Regardless, at least when he discusses these topics he keeps things civil & has a sense of humor, approaches which are often in short supply around here.

That said, I'm with you in doubting that the HB 2.0 will be re-released as a fully articulated figure. But that's because I found its appearance in IW to be rather underwhelming, and I don't think I'm alone in that opinion.

more photos (from Anthony Tsang, Justin's facebook group)

52309195_2065580650406675_4766611626302373888_n.jpg

52258687_2065580677073339_1072961514341662720_n.jpg

I highly doubt there will be a regular MMS of this thing. The design was not that appealing, screen time was minimal
and with the amount of time and engineering that HT put into the first Hulkbuster, I just don't think the demand is there
for them to invest their resources into another version of this 2.0.

It totally screams "Hasbro Shampoo Bottle Figure" though, lol.

Yeah, I don't see an MMS happening either. I still want this figure, but $430+ seems way too high for what it is. For example, the Storm Collectibles 1/4 scale pieces are under $300 and I don't get the feeling this should be much more than that.

This will be the only infinity war figure I will get. Don't need a articulated hulkbuster because I will just have him standing there anyway. I see people complaining about lack of articulation but all of the hulkbuster v1 figure pictures it's just standing there in a museum pose anyway. No one made use of the extra articulation on that figure so why more more for unused articulation?

So much of this :lol

I have the HB 1.0 and don't use the articulation in any super cool way. It's nice to have but at the end of the day I do not need another one of these big boys with articulation.

As most have been saying, the HB 1.0 is pretty much the definitive rep for the HBs. I will go with this Powerpose regardless of whether there's an articulated figure down the road as I will not be spending upwards of 1k for a figure I'm not going to pose.

Last edited:

Seeing as how HT is pushing out product for the IW line ahead of the BP line is proof that they are rushing. If you don't like the term "rushing", then let's call it giving "precedence" or "priority." Regardless what you call it, at the end of the day, an expedited timeline will always translate into meaningful loss in quality...perhaps not for DS which from a production standpoint only required a new head sculpt or IW Thor which was only a new outfit but the headsculpt remained the same from Ragnarok, but for brand-new figs like Teen Groot and, to a lesser extent, IW Black Widow definitely didn't benefit. (I won't mention IW Cap :lol)

I read from a substantial amount of forum members on here about how Teen Groot would come with broken legs and everyone's complaints about the "cheap wig" that made ScarJo look like Kate McKenna. Had HT carefully taken its time those issues would have more than likely been addressed.

Look if I'm annoying you, then just know that it is absolutely not my intention, but I'm opining just like anyone else on this forum does. Regardless if what I have to say is good or bad or even repetitive, I am allowed to voice that opinion just like you're allowed to voice how you find it overdone and tedious. I actually haven't harped on IW Cap in awhile, you can look at my post history to verify that, in fact I've gone on record stating that I'm over IW Cap and have moved on. I only brought it up again this time just as an example.

Anyways, at the end of the day we all strive for quality products so if and when you see me complain it will 100% be for valid reasons and if that's the case don't get mad at me, get mad at HT for dropping the ball! :lecture

In fairness to gmoney, he hasn't chimed in on the quality of the Cap sculpt in the IW Cap thread in quite a while, and he only did so here as an example to defend himself. And while I may not agree that the quality of the Cap & BP sculpts are as bad as he thinks, there's no denying that they're not on par with the best HT has done. Now whether that's due to rushing things out or some other factors (inexperience sculpting bearded figures, launching different production facilities, etc.) is anyone's guess. Regardless, at least when he discusses these topics he keeps things civil & has a sense of humor, approaches which are often in short supply around here.

That said, I'm with you in doubting that the HB 2.0 will be re-released as a fully articulated figure. But that's because I found its appearance in IW to be rather underwhelming, and I don't think I'm alone in that opinion.

Thank you kind sir for being impartial!

Also, let's agree to disagree on 2.0 of HB 2.0. And since I'm making bold claims, I'll make another one. HT will eventually release the Vulture Hot Toy! Just wait and see!!! :wave

Folks $400 for this plastic- good paint apped statue with lights is ridiculous- but no more ridiculous than the $430 new diecast IW Iron Man is...if you love it go for it but this clearly is a "rush/budget" release and there is nothing wrong with that IF you like it. I don't particularly care for the design so easy pass until I find it at a good discount later on...

I for one am awful at posing my figures so having the limited articulation is good for me. However I personally don't think this is worth the price tag, same as I don't think the first version is worth that price. Not for me anyway.

So is everyone done airing all the reasons why they didn't order this and leave it to the guys who actually did.

So is everyone done airing all the reasons why they didn't order this and leave it to the guys who actually did.

Those who did don't seem to be talking very much...

I doubt this thread would even be on the front page if not for someone mentioning that they WEREN'T ordering it.

Those who did don't seem to be talking very much...

I doubt this thread would even be on the front page if not for someone mentioning that they WEREN'T ordering it.

Yeah, that's not a lot of chatter or commotion from when I first posted the final product photos last night...

The excitement seems to be lacking.

Yeah, that's not a lot of chatter or commotion from when I first posted the final product photos last night...

The excitement seems to be lacking.

I've been working all day, geez!

I've got this guy ordered through Timewalker. I'm excited to have him, as well as his behemoth older brother when the AoU is rereleased later this year. I love the idea of a Hulkbuster suit, so both versions are must have for me.

I'll be sure to post plenty of in hand photos when he shows up in three months lol.

Back