1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are your guys thoughts on this headsculpt? Im not sure if it was discussed before.
77dddf117a060da431d05653c5fac8d1.jpg
Wait for somebody to post in hand photos. Third party mass produced heads often do not look at all like their promo photos.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Wait for somebody to post in hand photos. Third party mass produced heads often do not look at all like their promo photos.

First party mass produced heads often do not look at all like their promo photos either...I'm looking at you Hot Toys! :lol

First party mass produced heads often do not look at all like their promo photos either...I'm looking at you Hot Toys! :lol

Hitting the nail on the head! It's strange how top reviewers are more than happy to sing HT's praises for subpar figures that look nothing like the prototype. I guess it's what they have to do to keep getting their figures at heavily discounted prices (or free) directly from HT to build up a crappy figure and get consumers to spend their hard earned cash :dunno

I certainly haven't seen any reviewers praise this head--not even Justin, who gives EVERYTHING a pass.

I certainly haven't seen any reviewers praise this head--not even Justin, who gives EVERYTHING a pass.

To note, he gave his review after the backlash and after HT announced a replacement program.

I would be curious to see what reviews would have been like if the product was released for a couple of weeks, and then HT made an announcement.

It just blows my mind how the promo sculpt is just infinitely superior. They didnt have to change a thing! I believe no one had issues with it. Finding a good third party sculpt is gonna be such a hassle.

I actually like the older look Tony.

To note, he gave his review after the backlash and after HT announced a replacement program.

I would be curious to see what reviews would have been like if the product was released for a couple of weeks, and then HT made an announcement.

I'm sure he would have said what he usually does when things aren't great. "Yes, it's not amazing, but I'm not bothered by it. I still love the piece overall and it's my favorite one now! Howard Chan please let me suckle at your teet so I can get free Hot Toys!" :lol

Hitting the nail on the head! It's strange how top reviewers are more than happy to sing HT's praises for subpar figures that look nothing like the prototype. I guess it's what they have to do to keep getting their figures at heavily discounted prices (or free) directly from HT to build up a crappy figure and get consumers to spend their hard earned cash :dunno

Yeah, it's cringey how some of these "reviewers" blatantly fluff up a mediocre or terrible product sometimes just so they can get on the company's good side. Eh, whateves...they are getting items at a heavy discount so they gotta do what they gotta do I guess...tow the line!

MRCcollectionventures, Man of Hot Collectibles, Figure Collecting 4 Dummy, and even Justin to a certain extent all mention how in-person the sculpt isn't that bad. So while they're not praising it, I feel like they're not criticizing it to the extent it should be...or who knows, maybe they all legitimately think the Mk 85-gate headsculpt is acceptable in-person?

None of us will ever know since none of us will ever receive that version.

MRCcollectionventures, Man of Hot Collectibles, Figure Collecting 4 Dummy, and even Justin to a certain extent all mention how in-person the sculpt isn't that bad. So while they're not praising it, I feel like they're not criticizing it to the extent it should be...or who knows, maybe they all legitimately think the Mk 85-gate headsculpt is acceptable in-person?

Things will always look different in person than on a computer screen or TV. I usually don't judge to much until i see something with my own eyes.

Is there a tutorial on how to make the shoulders sit flush with the body? really love what owen has done.

Things will always look different in person than on a computer screen or TV. I usually don't judge to much until i see something with my own eyes.

I think you have to sometimes judge without buying it. I mean most of us really on views for many things, whether on Amazon or restaurants.

You have to often find a trustworthy source. Some people will seem to like everything, and that defeats often the point of reviews. Even Justin had to change his format a bit to include a positive and negative section to at least change the perception he is always glowing about reviews. 1 out of every 1000 figures, he may even not like the purchase nowadays.

What are your guys thoughts on this headsculpt? Im not sure if it was discussed before.
77dddf117a060da431d05653c5fac8d1.jpg

Regarding the actual production piece, this seems to be it:
49c90c6e65304388dcf2687df6b8dde0.png

48109adb24937851766aee184355d228.png

Not the worst thing I?ve ever seen, but unsurprisingly it?s nowhere near the quality shown in the preorder photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sculpt itself doesn't look too bad in those photos, its just the paint that's bad--so you could get it repainted.

This is pretty unsurprising, since these mass produced third party heads seem to often be recasts of some of the independent artists in the scene--for example, the Mars Toys Ra's is a recast Creg sculpt, the Bad Tomato Joker is supposedly Adam Gu, etc.

Basically, they recast somebody's hard work, slap a mediocre paintjob on it and cash in.

Regarding the actual production piece, this seems to be it:
49c90c6e65304388dcf2687df6b8dde0.png

48109adb24937851766aee184355d228.png

Not the worst thing I?ve ever seen, but unsurprisingly it?s nowhere near the quality shown in the preorder photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

God damn. That looks bad. Something feels...off about the sculpt. And the paint job is horrendous. Its way too much work if I have to send it in for repaint. God damn it.

And why the hell does he have such a giraffe neck for the helmet, but a better proportion for the headsculpt???

i took delivery of this, had a night of hard look at the sculpt. i find its really not that bad, except from the lighter paint tone, which i can accept actually. i feel this is one of the best HT tony head sculpt apart from the paint

center.jpgleft.jpgright.jpg

Oh contraire my head sculpt critical friend. I ordered the in-stock version from Toys Wonderland, so I should have it in hand by next week. I have no idea if I'll get a replacement head when the time comes, but since I don't plan on displaying with the un-helmeted sculpt, I didn't want to wait another year to have EG Ironman in-hand. I'm very interested to see how the sculpt looks in-hand. I'll try to get some up-close pictures for the you. :hi5:

Back