1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
God damn. That looks bad. Something feels...off about the sculpt. And the paint job is horrendous. Its way too much work if I have to send it in for repaint. God damn it.

And why the hell does he have such a giraffe neck for the helmet, but a better proportion for the headsculpt???

That head looks a bit wide. RDJ has a pretty narrow head.

Oh contraire my head sculpt critical friend. I ordered the in-stock version from Toys Wonderland, so I should have it in hand by next week. I have no idea if I'll get a replacement head when the time comes, but since I don't plan on displaying with the un-helmeted sculpt, I didn't want to wait another year to have EG Ironman in-hand. I'm very interested to see how the sculpt looks in-hand. I'll try to get some up-close pictures for the you. :hi5:

Well, in that case I hope you enjoy that head. Most guys don't want the sloppy head that came with this release, they prefer the original head that was teased from a year ago...some guys are old fashioned I guess and don't like it when they suddenly get unannounced new head without warning. It can be shocking and surprising if you're not prepared for that kind of head. I see you're not a complainer and that's great, you'll take any head you can get. So with all that being said I look forward to the photo of you getting that head. For your sake I hope that head isn't disappointing for you! :lol :duff

What's the matter, you don't like a girthy head? :rotfl

319588_1.jpg

Well you still can try to find the custom hs by Y.K.Kim & Yelim the painter, wich sets you back around $1000 - $4000 on the secondary market :) yk.jpg

I still have no problem with the original sculpt. It?s not great, but I personally really don?t care. I?ll keep it in the box, the same way I would if it were a perfect likeness. Pop one of your 10 other Stark headsculpts on the figure if you feel so compelled to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, in that case I hope you enjoy that head. Most guys don't want the sloppy head that came with this release, they prefer the original head that was teased from a year ago...some guys are old fashioned I guess and don't like it when they suddenly get unannounced new head without warning. It can be shocking and surprising if you're not prepared for that kind of head. I see you're not a complainer and that's great, you'll take any head you can get. So with all that being said I look forward to the photo of you getting that head. For your sake I hope that head isn't disappointing for you! :lol :duff

:rotfl

No offense to darth d but I don't want to get to know anyone on this forum that well. :lol

Regarding the actual production piece, this seems to be it:
49c90c6e65304388dcf2687df6b8dde0.png

48109adb24937851766aee184355d228.png

Not the worst thing I?ve ever seen, but unsurprisingly it?s nowhere near the quality shown in the preorder photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those eyes look like Tony went all Sith Lord.

I’ve got the mark 85 with the controversial head sculpt incoming, I’ll happily give an honest no BS review of it for anyone interested. I’ve alsp ordered the GT headsculpt, my best mate is an airbrush artist so I’ll be giving him the GT one to repaint the skin tones and grey up the hair as closely to RDJ from EG as possible, he’s also going to repaint those Sith Lord Stark eyes, I’ll post some before and afters if anyone is interested, once I get the head back from him.

I?ve got the mark 85 with the controversial head sculpt incoming, I?ll happily give an honest no BS review of it for anyone interested. I?ve alsp ordered the GT headsculpt, my best mate is an airbrush artist so I?ll be giving him the GT one to repaint the skin tones and grey up the hair as closely to RDJ from EG as possible, he?s also going to repaint those Sith Lord Stark eyes, I?ll post some before and afters if anyone is interested, once I get the head back from him.

Why not? For me, feedback from non-sponsored reviewers are more welcome as long as there's no known account of that person being biased as well.

I’ve got the mark 85 with the controversial head sculpt incoming, I’ll happily give an honest no BS review of it for anyone interested. I’ve alsp ordered the GT headsculpt, my best mate is an airbrush artist so I’ll be giving him the GT one to repaint the skin tones and grey up the hair as closely to RDJ from EG as possible, he’s also going to repaint those Sith Lord Stark eyes, I’ll post some before and afters if anyone is interested, once I get the head back from him.

Just got him in today. Pictures do ZERO justice to the head sculpt. I looked at this and was like, "This is what everyone was bitching about?". Paint apps look so much better in person, lighting makes a huge difference. While I agree, the sculpt looked off on some photos, in person it looks great to me. Sculpts like the Boseman one I agree did not pan out.

Just got him in today. Pictures do ZERO justice to the head sculpt. I looked at this and was like, "This is what everyone was bitching about?". Paint apps look so much better in person, lighting makes a huge difference. While I agree, the sculpt looked off on some photos, in person it looks great to me. Sculpts like the Boseman one I agree did not pan out.

Awesome figure! Headsculpt is a non issue for me. Looks great in person, but I never use the portraits anyways.

Looking forward to Midas!

20210104_184857.jpg

The sculpt still looked by Boseman, but it was a pitiful and blatant downgrade compared to the prototype.

The same can't be said for Mk. 85-gate. The likeness was substantially lost AND it was clearly not based on the prototype but an all-new inferior design.

Don't think your comparison is appropriate but that's just my 2 cents.

The sculpt still looked by Boseman, but it was a pitiful and blatant downgrade compared to the prototype.

The same can't be said for Mk. 85-gate. The likeness was substantially lost AND it was clearly not based on the prototype but an all-new inferior design.

Don't think your comparison is appropriate but that's just my 2 cents.

For me I think it was a sidegrade... the original prototype was pretty bad too in my opinion. If the final sculpt did not look as smooth as it did (if they made him look older) I think it had the better facial proportions than the prototype.

Awesome figure! Headsculpt is a non issue for me. Looks great in person, but I never use the portraits anyways.

Looking forward to Midas!

[...]

So...I see this figure as a B or B+ whereas the Mark VII is an A, based on paint and proportions. The paint, when properly lit, is nonetheless gorgeous.

Portrait aside, how do you feel about that helmet? In many photos, it looks a tad small to me on a long neck, but in a couple of videos it looks better. Your thoughts on overall proportions, especially the helmet?

So...I see this figure as a B or B+ whereas the Mark VII is an A, based on paint and proportions. The paint, when properly lit, is nonetheless gorgeous.

Portrait aside, how do you feel about that helmet? In many photos, it looks a tad small to me on a long neck, but in a couple of videos it looks better. Your thoughts on overall proportions, especially the helmet?

First let me say none of these perfect. If you're looking for flaws you'll find them. If you love Iron Man like I do then those flaws disappear because I'm not looking for what is wrong rather what is done right.

The 85 is muscular. Shoulders, biceps, triceps, quads are creating the V along with the teardrop shape in the quads. Does his head appear smaller bc of that? Yes and no. Angles and pose will dictate that and amplify that. A long neck? Again, its perspective. Do any of these bother me or cross my mind when I'm viewing him? Not one bit. Every Iron Man Hot Toys has produced it uniquely a work of art. Is it a Mark 7? No, it's a Mark 85, from Endgame.

Simply put if you love Iron Man then this figure is a homerun (sculpt aside; again I think it's good, but sculpts are pointless for me). Overall I think Hot Toys did a great job with this guy. Every armor has something about it that some will point out. None of that noise bothers me.

20210104_210349.jpg

Back