1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is pretty crazy news but I am going to just wait and see before getting too excited. Seems like the easiest solutions for them would be to either reuse the same 46/47/50 sculpt or to go back and just produce a better quality head from of this sculpt. That is what QMX did with their Malcolm Reynolds figure (hey remember when they were going to do a Firefly line? Lol.) and they actually included the second run head in the box with the first version when it shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, going to need to stop you right there.
Why WOULDN'T you renew your licenses if you are making money from them?!??

You don't need a fancy business degree to know that you don't want other people in your space making
the same product.

I didn't mean Marvel and Star Wars...I meant Aliens, Terminator etc...other companies can't make 1/6 figures because Howard Chan renews the licences with the sole intent to do **** all with it.

This could be a huge mess if they handle it the wrong way .

Can you imagine in a rush they reuse the previous RDJ sculpts and rush them out to customers that already Received the Mark 85 orders or had them shipped out in Asia, knowing full well they are planning to come up with a brand new redesigned RDJ sculpt using this delay for those who will get the replacements more than likely early next year.

But that would be foolish if HT does that..then the backlash will be increased at least to the Asian customers or people that already received their orders.

I think it?s wise for HT to come up with a plan for everyone..either make a new sculpt or reuse the previous one.

I think they are going for a new sculpt

Another bigger question might be..could this delay the BD Mark 85 even more because HT will do their best not to make this mistake again :dunno

Mark_85_HS.jpg

I doubt that it's from unsold figures, but reusing the Mk50 is honestly the best solution for them right now. The molds and paint process already exist and spinning them back up into production would be the most cost effective solution.

Going back to an older prototype, or creating a new one, wold require a new round of approvals from Disney and new costly molds.

Yes I agree, they'll probably re-use the Mk50 which would be fine by me. Looks significantly better.

But this is really one of the original reasons for having a first batch and a second batch. It gives them a chance to potentially fix small issues before full production. This of course is no "small issue" but what I mean is that they have probably not started into full blown production (for second volume batch). So it has at least served it's purpose and saved major brand damage and customer unsatisfaction.

Hats off to Hot Toys for at least listening this time and not turning a blind eye as they normally do. Hopefully they will be a bit more careful in the future changing things between proto and production.

Hopefully it doesn't go past February- March 2021 but it won?t surprise me if it might. :impatient:

Well if they have to go into production with a new batch of headsculpts then I would say March is probably a safe bet.
Thinking 4-6 weeks for production and the a few weeks for shipping overseas, providing that they get things
sorted out at the California docks.

I'd be very curious to know what you do for a living, because you do not seem to understand how companies like this work. It is fully within your rights to be unhappy with the final product, but you're throwing around a lot of very specific underhanded, and in some cases illegal, motivations.

Not sure how long you have been collecting Hot Toys, but their practices with sculpts have been documented many times before and it has been done since they started becoming main stream in the late 2000s. I am not sure what illegal motivations you are throwing around because I will be the first to admit it is within their right to employ these tactics. And why does the argument always tend to go towards "you do not understand business and economics" when people like you have weak stances? You are not a scholar nor privy to any inside information bud.

Well if they have to go into production with a new batch of headsculpts then I would say March is probably a safe bet.
Thinking 4-6 weeks for production and the a few weeks for shipping overseas, providing that they get things

They can take as long as they need...I just want the final product to be GOOD, like $400 GOOD!!!

Ooh they must have had riots from their HK customers to decide to replace all headsculpts. Don't screw up on Iron Man!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

So the one question that remains unclear at this moment is will the replacement sculpt be the 46/47/50 or will it be a NEW one??? :dunno

Ooh they must have had riots from their HK customers to decide to replace all headsculpts. Don't screw up on Iron Man!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

:exactly:

I was thinking..they must’ve had Asian death threats..they never responded this fast to the complaints let alone just a day or two after the official release

Maybe somebody said they would dump Covid into the headquarters of HT :horror

My guess is it somehow catch the attention of Marvel and they did not like it. No way HT would respond to customers complaints.

You forget the timing...we are entering the time of Chinese New Year..in which sometimes companies close almost three to four weeks in observation

Unless they have a dummy prototype sculpt in the works right now..don’t think they will have the replacements in January.

I think they aren’t planning to do anything until after the holidays but don’t want us to know..meaning they won’t begin work until maybe late January or February ( if they plan a new sculpt)

Be prepared to wait at the least..February to March ..maybe beyond

So we have to be patient or go with the secondary market like ebay if you can’t wait that long

Based on some fb comments it seems HT are doing this as there are massive order cancellations from the Chinese market.

Based on some fb comments it seems HT are doing this as there are massive order cancellations from the Chinese market.

That's kind of a given. Iron Man is their bread and butter, even more so oversea in Asia. They wouldn't bother doing something like this if it was any other character.

I?m just excited at the fact that they are acknowledging the shortcomings of the sculpt and are going to be doing something about it. I?m not naive enough to think they?re doing this because the sculpt is indeed crap, this was only done because it was so bad that peoples cancellations were now going to affect the sales of their most profitable character. But still, I?m happy they?re doing it and honestly am not in a rush for them pump out a headsculpt in record time if it means another disaster. Just get it done right. Have some pride in the product you put out. Most importantly, I hope this fiasco pushes them to create an amazing sculpt for the BD MK85 because EVERYONE is displaying that specific piece with the headsculpt.

I wonder if they're gonna fire the sculptor...he was behind the much maligned Smiley Rudd too...and the reception to that was also not well received, but since it's Ant-Man HT said F it.

They made it more gold instead of champagne gold too

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Back