1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of your nuthuggers who defended this bait and switch practice from Hot Toys, I assume you will be sticking with the original head sculpt right?

I mean sure the mark 46,47,50 headsculpt has been used quite a bit but it is a very solid sculpt and I?d take it over the one released with the MK 85. Just gray up the hair a bit on the sides...

Wow, I'm surprised and impressed that HT is doing this! The backlash must have been even worse than what the FB posts suggested, and they must have seen some significant cancellations!

I agree it was probably someone from Marvel (not necessarily RDJ) must have "suggested" he look older and smiling, and HT felt pressured to do what they asked. I just hope HT goes back to them and shows them the horrendous feedback so maybe Marvel will STFU next time!

I don't mind them using an old sculpt, since that one they're showing looks pretty good. Like I said, I'm not going to display him with his helmet off, so it's not that big a deal for me. But I was feeling cheated that they did this bait and switch, and would have felt foolish even owning such a crappy sculpt that I paid $400 for!

Yeah this really is surprising news. I was planning to keep my order anyway, but at least now I won't have to feel quite as bad about it.

So the new post by Hot Toys has the image on the left, one of the original solicitation photos is on the right.
It almost looks like the new image is just the Mark 50 sculpt on the 85 body?

Maybe they are just giving everyone all the extra heads from the warehouse full of
Mark 50 figures that did not sell, lol :rotfl

View attachment 501976

Fine with me, as I never cared much for the sculpt on the right anyway. It would be nice if they would at least make the hairstyle more accurate to Endgame, but I'm guessing they're not going to bother now.

In all honesty, I would actually like to see the new headsculpt in hand to pass judgement myself...
but I am going to assume that the Sideshow figures will not include the original, since they specifically mentioned
updating the overseas shipping schedule?

Since this was not a figure I preordered, I may just hold off buying it until people start
dumping it below retail, since I can totally see that happening, unfortunately.

Wow I wonder how many months this will add to when Sideshow gets the figure. There's no way they're going to want to ship more crap overseas than they have to, so I'm sure they'll hold all of them while they sort it out in HK.

How many of these are actually out in the wild? Sounds to me like they already had the replacement idea in the pipeline for the global party based on what was packed to distribute to China. I've never heard of HT doing something like this.

In all honesty, I would actually like to see the new headsculpt in hand to pass judgement myself...
but I am going to assume that the Sideshow figures will not include the original, since they specifically mentioned
updating the overseas shipping schedule?

Yeah, it seems safe to assume that any figures SS receives will include a different headsculpt. It also sounds like the overseas versions will be delayed.

Wow I wonder how many months this will add to when Sideshow gets the figure. There's no way they're going to want to ship more crap overseas than they have to, so I'm sure they'll hold all of them while they sort it out in HK.

I would assume at least an extra month. Probably more.

This seems to be quite a quick announcement too. I wonder if they have been using a different manufacturer, and this headsculpt slipped through holes in their design/paint app checks.

They were not going to do a recall, but customer feedback is so negative that it becomes necessary to do it.

This seems to be quite a quick announcement too. I wonder if they have been using a different manufacturer, and this headsculpt slipped through holes in their design/paint app checks.

They were not going to do a recall, but customer feedback is so negative that it becomes necessary to do it.
Highly doubt that :lol

They adjusted the sculpt thinking that it matched his End Game face better and released it as such. Unlike another other decent company, Hot Toys doesn't bother letting their customers know beforehand that they drastically changed the sculpt before it actually released to get feedback from customers paying $400+ on a figure.

They have ZERO customer service, nor do they generally care what their customers or fans think. It's why it always makes me cringe seeing people defend Hot Toys to their dying breath when Hot Toy's themselves have shown zero ****s about us throughout the years. The backlash and cancellation on this one must have been SUPER bad for them to react so quickly.

Also it being Iron Man, their biggest money pit, probably helped in them actually caring to make it right.

If only they actually did this on a normal basis, we would have gotten a good Ant-Man sculpt.

Let's hope they don't mess up the BD Iron Man.

131893220_10224503969165401_2414759456160494785_o.jpg

132549656_10158907430969743_6694033381746191129_o.jpg
[/IMG]

66783357_10156379184662344_1489254994782715904_o.jpg

102759085_10157284433252344_1133225658308307116_o.jpg

Last edited:
The main thing I don't understand is the overall "softness" of the final products all of the sudden?
I don't get how you go from clear and crisp paint jobs to what is happening now.

Did they change the process? Change or add new factories without doing QC testing first?
It just doesn't add up how you can go backwards with the manufacturing and painting techniques
from semi-recent releases to the current ones.

IMO, at some juncture you get to the point where they are as good as they are ever going to get.

Once you hit that mark, why even bother looking to play around with things?
Just do what you have been doing to avoid your customers feeling let down or turning out product
with "inferior sculpts" as some folks are saying.

Yondu, Jack Sparrow, Thanos, Hela, Spider-Man, figures like that prove that they have reached a peak
where the sculpts are sharp and crisp and painted to perfection. Just keep doing what you did there.
There shouldn't be a need to change anything.

The sort of ... low-resolution vibe is similar to what happened with that Black Panther portrait. Wish they'd recalled that. But in this case even the shape seems off, a thinner, older Stark notwithstanding.

The main thing I don't understand is the overall "softness" of the final products all of the sudden?
I don't get how you go from clear and crisp paint jobs to what is happening now.

Did they change the process? Change or add new factories without doing QC testing first?
It just doesn't add up how you can go backwards with the manufacturing and painting techniques
from semi-recent releases to the current ones.

[...]

I hear ya. I can only assume cost, staffing or factory issues due to the pandemic maybe? Cost is a big one; a company will always push to see what the market will bear and maybe here (it's a little tinfoil hat but ...) they ran into a situation where the market pushed back, if only because it's Iron Man.

I didn’t hate the new sculpt, but I was getting worried that they were gonna switch out the amazing BD version for it. Worries alleviated (for now)

Notice the verbiage: they say that for fans outside of HK, the release will be rescheduled (i.e. further delayed) and do not specifically mention an exchange. I wonder if that means that the batch North America receives will be repackaged with whatever sculpt they use to rectify this situation.

Honestly, it really seems like production quality is the issue here which makes me really worried for future figures. Are we going to see this with Endgame Cap, too? Other figures won't illicit such a strong reaction as Iron Man, so if we get garbage heads for those, there's unlikely to be any action taken.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I'm not convinced. If it isn't the proto sculpt which was perfect, then I think it's just as bad to then round up a bunch of previously used sculpts repainted. It's use the proto sculpt or bust, I'm afraid.

I'm going to stick to trying to get my deposit back and not bother with this figure. I have the BD on order also, so this helped whittle down only having one, but unless they don't use the proto head they messed up. And if they do now use the proto head... well what the hell happened? These guys are artists, what the hell deluded someone into thinking that what we got this week was better than the proto? It isn't even the softening of the sculpt, it's the weird facial changes, narrowing of the face, turkey neck etc.

Back