1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figure looks great but that headsculpt is a crime. Isn?t this the same headsculpt coming on the team suit? Now I?m worried about the battle damaged one. If they eff up the sculpt on that like this I?ll cancel my PO

This reminds me of the plastic Mk 7 sculpt honestly. Kinda cartoonish with the proportions and not a lot of fine details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They've done RDJ's head sculpt like 20+ times at this point and they STILL manage to not get it right.

What a joke and an embarrassment. :lol

Figure looks nice but that headsculpt is ridiculous...it's Black Panther all over again.

I just hope they don't mess up the BD 85 sculpt.

I won't wish for the BD Mk85 to have an awful headsculpt like this version, but coming from someone who doesn't have unlimited funds and ordered this figure months before the BD version was announced, it would suck if the BD Mk85 Tony Stark headsculpt turns out infinitely better than this. I mean, it's basically the same figure.

I saw the sculpt on Reddit and came here to see what the freaks are saying immediately.

Looks absolutely awful. Shockingly bad. Hot Toys continues to drop in my eyes as a whole, they are certainly past their prime IMO. I swear RDJ sculpts from like 5 years ago look stronger than this abomination.

Think they'll fix it for the battle damaged version?

The head is not great. While the modified hair is a huge improvement, the face looks about 15 years younger than Tony in the film, like he's been airbrushed for a magazine cover.

This is pretty surprising. I've noticed a downwards trend in likenesses over the past couple of years, but there seems to be an even sharper decline--particularly on the paint front--that I can only assume is somehow due to COVID impacting production.

Good thing I only use helmeted heads (and I have a MK46 Tony head if I really need it).

A nearly year long delay just to get this headsculpt lol. This doesn?t give me high hopes for Captain America.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The BD 85 should be getting completely different sculpt to this one anyway (open mouthed Tony about to give the FU to Thanos)...my concern is that we see another significant drop in quality between proto and final.

iron-man-mark-lxxxv-battle-damaged-version-special-edition_marvel_gallery_5d361e195bf0a.jpg

I heard from a buddy of mine that works at Disney, RDJ has increased his price of likeness and is wanting a percentage of each item sold that has face on it.

My God that sculpt looks awful. I likely wouldn't have displayed it much with the Tony head anyway, but the last minute bait and switch still pisses me off and makes me want to just cancel the whole thing.

Yeeeeah...you already know what I think...so I'll just let this gif summarize my feelings... :gah:

giphy.gif

Reading the comments on FB at least makes me feel slightly better...EVERYONE hates it! :lol

The question now is do I keep or cancel my preorder...?

JC Kongs Is taking major hell from it on his IG post. It?s warranted this time. I still can?t believe that?s the head for the Mk85. Reusing the mk46/47/50 would have been better

JC Kongs Is taking major hell from it on his IG post. It?s warranted this time. I still can?t believe that?s the head for the Mk85. Reusing the mk46/47/50 would have been better

Absolutely...especially as HT did a really great job with the new paint apps on TS sculpt that came with 47 re-issue.

Talk about a backwards step. Sheesh.

Back