1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Besides the NRDs, I think people are more lax about it now that the release date is revealed and it’s a year after the pristine release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is the debate. I probably won't get any Black Widow marvel figures, and realistically slowing down on marvel HT (eternals could be aweseome, who knows?)

2021 might be a very slow HT year for me (maybe 2-3), so by then I might want this for Endgame shelf, and move pristine figure to A1 shelf (with A1 Cap, EG Hulk, EG Iron Man.)

When have they said that? If they’re just saying “infinity stone gauntlet accessory,” that isn’t lying. It’s not like that can say “normal suit gauntlet that stole infinity stones from actual infinity gauntlet” accessory.

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/marvel-nano-gauntlet-hot-toys-904728

Read the 3rd paragraph of the description. Justify it anyway you want, it's straight up lying.

The Life-Size Replica of this Nano Gauntlet is a faithful reproduction of the iconic gauntlet worn by Iron Man in the final act of Avengers: Endgame. Measuring approximately 52cm overall in height, it features an accurate paint scheme with Iron Man armor’s classic red and gold, sophisticated hardware design, six LED light-up Infinity Stones with two lighting modes perfect for display, completed with a custom base that keeps the gauntlet in an upright position.

I know it's not in the description for the figure, but that wasn't exactly my point.

Last edited:
now it seem all accessories move to bd version...What will we get for normal suit ???

Am I the only one who vastly prefers exclusively battle damaged releases than swap out parts? The Iron Man suits that come with a swap-out battle damaged chest plate don't work. The suits need to be completely worn and damaged, and they can't realistically do that as accessories because the entire suit would need to be changed. Releasing this later and screwing people with NRDs, that is a cheap move, including way more accessories in the BD than the pristine, that is a cheap move, but a separate, fully battle damaged figure is perfectly fine in my eyes.

I agree.

I was *just* about to throw down for Endgame Cap and Endgame Tony, and while I can see why people would like a version of Tony that allows you to swap back and forth between a battle-damaged Tony and a pristine Tony, I'd vastly prefer a battle-damaged Tony where the damage is so fundamental to the figure that it can't just be swapped out with a few pieces.

I still haven't had a chance to see how ****ed-up this Iron Man is, but I'm hoping he's a wreck all over like he was in the film (and I hope that any battle-damaged version of Cap they might release alongside this Tony is equally worn down and battered).

Its so unfair for the clean version.. They better add some accessories before i jump ship from clean to damage..

Am I the only one who vastly prefers exclusively battle damaged releases than swap out parts? The Iron Man suits that come with a swap-out battle damaged chest plate don't work. The suits need to be completely worn and damaged, and they can't realistically do that as accessories because the entire suit would need to be changed. Releasing this later and screwing people with NRDs, that is a cheap move, including way more accessories in the BD than the pristine, that is a cheap move, but a separate, fully battle damaged figure is perfectly fine in my eyes.

It depends on the figure, in my opinion, and how meaningful that BD look is. I think a separate BD figure for Iron Man in this film is a fair choice because it would be difficult to get an accurate look with swap out parts, and the BD look is iconic.

By contrast, would never have bought a BD WM1 or MK6, but I like having those BD parts and, in my opinion, they look pretty good (especially on WM). Their BD looks aren't really important to the film, and the swap out parts create a reasonable approximation, so I'm fine with it.

However, on RoboCop, for whom the battle damaged look is very iconic, I think the limited BD parts don't look very good. But, as a buyer, I had options: I could buy the clean version with its BD parts, or, if I wanted the true BD look, the separate BD version was also available. I did, indeed, buy both. The standalone BD figure was the only way to do justice to his look on the final act.

I certainly agree that the staggered announcement is the real issue here.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Is the HS hair movie accurate? Looks the new BD has the hair longer in the back which is more screen accurate

I'm seeing a lot of clean Mk 85 remorse purchases here...I think you're all just caught up in the moment! When the dust settles and excitement dies down I'm sure you guys will be able to appreciate what you pre-ordered.

I'm seeing a lot of clean Mk 85 remorse purchases here...I think you're all just caught up in the moment! When the dust settles and excitement dies down I'm sure you guys will be able to appreciate what you pre-ordered.

Especially because it comes out a whole YEAR before. That’s a lot of time, and I’m sure that many people are gonna be wanting it once it starts shipping and people start sending pics on the forum.

Especially because it comes out a whole YEAR before. That’s a lot of time, and I’m sure that many people are gonna be wanting it once it starts shipping and people start sending pics on the forum.

Yep, I guess I must be the rare case but I have absolutely 0 buyer's remorse for the clean version. It looked great then and it still looks great now!

I'm the complete opposite with the BD Mk 85...I'm not overly impress with it so far. Based on the proto images, for me, it's not damaged enough to warrant a separate release...

I guess people expected after snap BD where Tony is burnt to a crisp

Maybe HT thought it would be too dark on a figure :dunno

I’m really impressed with it, but the people holding off the clean for the BD are gonna have a long-ass year, seeing basically their suit in everyone’s hands before they’re able to get one. They could always just get the clean and sell it off when the BD releases.

Still think its completely dumb to have the stones hand come with the clean suit lol. When they were never used together but include the shield and sword who were used while the suit was still fresh with the BD version. I think the blasters could go with either or as I'm not sure of the condition the suit was in at that time. Such silliness lol.

Still think its completely dumb to have the stones hand come with the clean suit lol. When they were never used together but include the shield and sword who were used while the suit was still fresh with the BD version. I think the blasters could go with either or as I'm not sure of the condition the suit was in at that time. Such silliness lol.

I’ll comprise a list of things the suit used when battle damaged:

• Infinity stones

I think it's more anger that the BD is getting all of the accessories that Clean should've gotten and used in the movie, and Clean gets diddly-squat in return. Feels like a slap to the face for early-adopters.

I think it's more anger that the BD is getting all of the accessories that Clean should've gotten and used in the movie, and Clean gets diddly-squat in return. Feels like a slap to the face for early-adopters.

HT doing what they do best...screwing their own fan base! :slap

What pisses me off is the BD came with ton of accessories not shown on picture and clean came with so called late reveal accessory not even worn when suit was clean. BD version also does not show enough BD for it to be stand alone release. I say do best of both if want to issue them as 2 separate figures. I buy both without hesitate.

Back