1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So let me get this straight.

First, a pristine version that nonsensically comes with the nano gauntlet and that is missing the weapons that were used in the movie when the suit was still pristine.

Then, a trashed version that "correctly" comes with the same nano gauntlet, but also with the clean version's missing weapons even though canonically those weapons weren't used after the suit had been trashed.

Basically, this looks like a cash grab that was turned into an even more desperate cash grab. There was no need to add any extra incentive to buy the damaged version, because the damage itself and the fact it is Iron Man's last scene in the MCU would have been more than adequate enough to persuade people to buy the damaged version. Giving the weapons to the damaged version, but not the clean version, feels like a huge slap in the face. Giving the clean version more accessories as promised and honoring the people who PO'd it would have been the honest, consumer-minded thing to do. But I'm not surprised. This is Hot Toys, after all.

I'm still ordering this because it's my favorite suit, but I'm so glad I sold nearly all my figures and quit this hobby.

This is classic dirty HT tactic...my love/hate for them continues to grow with each figure release... :gah:

Although unlike everyone else, I'm still totally fine with my clean Mk 85 pre-order.

SO. MUCH. SALT.

Who cares? This is a dope release. So is the clean one. Want both? Go for it. Not feeling either? Skip it.

Personally I am just stoked figures like this even exist -- and from a company that delivers the majority of the figures that it showcases and doesn't go belly up after three years. Hate Hot Toys??? Pfffffftttttt.

SO. MUCH. SALT.

Who cares? This is a dope release. So is the clean one. Want both? Go for it. Not feeling either? Skip it.

Personally I am just stoked figures like this even exist -- and from a company that delivers the majority of the figures that it showcases and doesn't go belly up after three years. Hate Hot Toys??? Pfffffftttttt.

Exhibit A on what a nut hugger looks like rofl. "Thanks Howard for the privilege of being suckered by you!"

Just my opinion:

Everything a company does is a cash grab. They're here to make money. We as the consumers have the right to pick and choose what we want. I'm glad we have many high quality options available.

I can see both sides of the argument. I'm picking up both versions.

There are an abundance of valid critiques against Hot Toys, but I’m still thankful they exist in the first place. Almost nothing else competes if you want to get say, a diecast Iron Man figure for example. Plus, we don’t have any indications on what they cost to manufacture, although I’m sure they’re making good profit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just my opinion:

Everything a company does is a cash grab. They're here to make money. We as the consumers have the right to pick and choose what we want. I'm glad we have many high quality options available.

I can see both sides of the argument. I'm picking up both versions.

So true HT is not a charity. I don't blame them at all because i am weird as i kind of wish they had done the same on other armors that had a lot of battle damage. A clean release and and really BD release but that's just me.

The questionable business practice is the inaccuracy in the accessories. Either they are incompetent or they want to push more people into buying both releases. The only other explanation is that the clean version pre-order went up before they really knew how everything would appear in the movie, and they felt stuck with what they had already shown.

The questionable business practice is the inaccuracy in the accessories. Either they are incompetent or they want to push more people into buying both releases. The only other explanation is that the clean version pre-order went up before they really knew how everything would appear in the movie, and they felt stuck with what they had already shown.

Their product design timeline isn't dependent on the film's release.

They got these designs well before then.

Not to mention these designs have to be approved by Marvel before they can be released.

Just food for ignorance.

SO. MUCH. SALT.

Yeah I'm kinda the same way. Sure it can be frustrating at times, but I would think by now we would have learned that HT is going to do what they want to do. So all the whining about "cash grabs" and "why are they making this figure instead of this other figure I want" that starts up with every single announcement just seem silly and naive to me, and something I try not to waste too much time on myself.

Besides, when it comes to these two 85s, one figure or another was going to be short on accessories, and I can easily see why HT might want the BD to seem like the more special deluxe figure with all the extra stuff it comes with.

There's nothing silly and naive about voicing your displeasure when a company seems to be more concerned about their bottom line than the consumer. Of course companies should be concerned about profits, but it's also incumbent on the consumer to keep them in check. Voicing one's displeasure is one small way to do that. Hot Toys pretty much has a monopoly on some of these figures, which enables them to get away with quite a bit. They put out great products, but sometimes cut corners or make choices based more on their bottom line. To say that people shouldn't be complaining is saying that Hot Toys can do whatever they want. After all, their in this for the profit, not the customer.

Yeah, that comparison makes sense if you need to buy two cars to get some features that should have come with the other car. No one is complaining about the different options. In fact, if they took the approach of trim levels for cars, that might actually be pretty cool.

I’m still a fan of this over the battle damaged (if I had to pick between them). The battle damaged is amazing in its own right, but I’m looking for a more definitive Iron Man, not one specifically from one scene, so this is perfect for me. Plus it releases much more soon.

I don't care about BD version, but i'm really pissed about recent Hot Toys approach. They made normal version almost barebone and with old HS and then later reveal BD version with all accessories and new HS. That's nothing but spit to the face of all who PO'ed normal version.

I don't care about BD version, but i'm really pissed about recent Hot Toys approach. They made normal version almost barebone and with old HS and then later reveal BD version with all accessories and new HS. That's nothing but spit to the face of all who PO'ed normal version.

:goodpost:

They're doing **** like this more and more lately.

Does it mention anywhere that we can swap in the weapon accessories with BD set?

Back