1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have artists ever sold their finished work 'retroactively' to HT before? Would love for that to be the case here, but wonder if there's any precedent to give us that hope.:pray:

Would HT really try and use this YK sculpt? They've already got the original 85 sculpt approved. Why would they then go back to the beginning of the approval process with a new sculpt? Wouldn't surprise me if they just paid him off to not release his own.

Would HT really try and use this YK sculpt? They've already got the original 85 sculpt approved. Why would they then go back to the beginning of the approval process with a new sculpt? Wouldn't surprise me if they just paid him off to not release his own.
I agree that they would be unlikely to buy his work (it would also be terrible morale-wise for the artists who worked on the existing piece). That said, there's no reason to pay YK not to release the head. A custom head doesn't costs them sales because people still have to buy the figure to put the custom on.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Most of the figures do have almost normal prices, though. Mark 85 costs 406 USD (Sideshow 423 USD). Tony Stark Team Suit 228 USD (Sideshow 235 USD). It's not really "too good to be true" yet.

The 20% discount and international free shipping make the deals so attractive.

He has 99.3% positive rating on ebay. But the way he does business unsettles me. First, I can't register on the shop. And for the deposite, he would send me a Paypal invoice. I don't know if it's understandable because he is just starting a new business. I was hoping that someone from UK knows him.

How is that unsettling? I paypal invoice is prob one of the most secure ways to pay lol.

My guess is that he took this down due to licensing issues.

And I would imagine there would be quite a few legal hoops to jump through for Hot Toys to acquire and release this sculpt themselves (if they even wanted too).

It's not like they don't have a long time until this is released. Plus look at Obi-Wan, the proto had to be approved and then they Lucasfilm went and had them change it anyway before production.

It's not like they don't have a long time until this is released. Plus look at Obi-Wan, the proto had to be approved and then they Lucasfilm went and had them change it anyway before production.

I don't follow Star Wars, but what happened with Obi-Wan?

I don't follow Star Wars, but what happened with Obi-Wan?

People were freaking out that the production sculpt was different to the proto. Standard practice, but this time it was more than normal. HT said during the approval process there were some small modifications requested for the likeness OK. Ie out of HT control.

Believe it or not. But that was the story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I just pre-ordered the 85...so I'm locked in regardless what happens to the headsculpt!

So the 'boot leg' thing doesn't bother you that much like on the 50?

The boot leg ain't bad at all on the 85...in fact the 85 wasn't supposed to be as sleek and organic as the 50 was, so I'm okay with it.

I wouldn't have been as critical of the 50, but the boot leg was so blatant and jarring...but my biggest issue with the 50 was the ab cut.

Anyways just glad to have gotten the last pre-order with PCZ!

But you're still going to complain about it, right? This is the MCU after all - continuity is important. :wink1:

Lol I've got no complaints so far! The prototype head sculpt could be better, but we'll see how that turns out next year. Other than that the suit looks pretty dope thus far.

The boot leg ain't bad at all on the 85...in fact the 85 wasn't supposed to be as sleek and organic as the 50 was, so I'm okay with it.

I wouldn't have been as critical of the 50, but the boot leg was so blatant and jarring...but my biggest issue with the 50 was the ab cut.

Anyways just glad to have gotten the last pre-order with PCZ!

Well done - my pre-order is with PCZ as well. FYI - They finally put Rescue up for pre-order today. The "new" Spidey and Team Suit Tony are up as well.

Back