1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Armored Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody have a picture of Thanos next to a 1/4 Hot Toys? If possible Joker or Vader specifically.

Here's a screenshot of a review I watched of the 1/4 Joker (since I recently got the QS Joker I watched a bunch of reviews lol). If I'm not mistaken IW Thanos is a similar height to the armored version.

P7jalv7.png

Aren't you guys paying customs charges by ordering through Toys Wonderland though?

I?m from the UK and I didn?t ordering from them. I was looking at ?80-100 if I persevered with my Sideshow order judging by how much I paid for me Far From Home Spider-Man from them.

I?m from the UK and I didn?t ordering from them. I was looking at ?80-100 if I persevered with my Sideshow order judging by how much I paid for me Far From Home Spider-Man from them.

I ordered through SS and my FedEx bill for armoured was ?62. I might try TW in the future!

I was on the ToysWonderland site last night and it looks like they have both versions of the throne up for preorder with only 7 dollar difference between the deluxe and normal versions.

Excellent! Hopefully they get the sword stand (seems they have multiple versions) and the other flat base as well!

007KZh3tgy1ge74jfqazkj315v0q0n1u.jpg

Excellent! Hopefully they get the sword stand (seems they have multiple versions) and the other flat base as well!

View attachment 484788

Wow didnt even know about the multiple sword stands! Checked their facebook and couldnt find any pics of it. It seems the deluxe version of the throne includes the middle sword stand as well as the flat base to go underneath the throne itselft. Also it looks like it may light up as well on the bottom in some of their pics, could be photoshopped though?

From their facebook:

"B92 toys
Code: BK-0003 Name: 1/6 Thanos throne
Pre order period: 2020/05/09~2020/ 05/30
Expected release: 2020 Q3
Basic type MSRP: 85 usd
DX type MSRP: 115usd
Additional purchase LED system (remote control)
MSRP 25usd
Huge base: MSRP: 65usd
Basic type Product includes:
Back of a chair x1 Seat X1 Action back mat x1 Action feet mat x1
Seat cover X1
Dx type Product includes:
Back of a chair x1 Seat X1 Action back mat x1 Action feet mat x1
Seat cover X1 Infinity swordx1 sword seatx1
Additional purchase LED system (remote control)Product includes:
Led remote control x1 LED systemx1
Huge base Product includes:
Huge base X1(Insertable knife)
Product quality: Resin, a small amount of metal
Weight about: 7+-2kg
Seat size about: 45cm height 35cm width 25cm lengt
Infinity sword about size: about: 44cm height
Sword seat about size: 16.5cm height 18cm width 16cm lengt
Huge base about size: 5cm height 65cm width 56cm lengt
The pre-production images are for reference only.
Actual product may slightly vary."

The huge base or LED kid isn't up for preorder on Toys Wonderland, I'd encourage everyone who wants it to message them about it.

What was the shipping cost? And no international shipping issues given the current situation?

It was $110 USD to ship using DHL but the figure is about $340 USD, I paid $450 total. With sideshow my total was already at 440 after tax excluding shipping, I bet shipping on this guy from them is $30 at least. No issues with international shipping and no customs charges or anything to speak of. No idea if they have foreign transaction fees since it's done in Hong Kong dollars but my credit card has no fees so I wasn't worried about that.

I'm happy I ordered from them, double boxed too so the brown shipper was best quality I've received and subsequently the item box. At least I know I have another option to order from if the price is right.

Something I noticed upon re-watch of Endgame today: Thanos' collar changed between scenes in the movie. I know his collar design has changed between IW and EG, but I didn't realize until today that the first scene of 2014 Thanos, is still wearing his IW design. His collar changed for good when we see him scan Nebula's memory for Infinity Stones. From then on, his collar appears different.

This makes me question whether this was just strictly a design change, or if Thanos' neck armour has retracted more into his collar. Upon closer inspection of 2 different shots, it appears to be the latter. The panel lines on each collar piece line up in such a way as to show the neck armour has in-fact, retracted.

I quickly spiced together the two versions of the armour to see how they lined up, and circled the panel lines on the neck armour that match up between the 2 shots.

Armour comparison.jpg

Something I noticed upon re-watch of Endgame today: Thanos' collar changed between scenes in the movie. I know his collar design has changed between IW and EG, but I didn't realize until today that the first scene of 2014 Thanos, is still wearing his IW design. His collar changed for good when we see him scan Nebula's memory for Infinity Stones. From then on, his collar appears different.

This makes me question whether this was just strictly a design change, or if Thanos' neck armour has retracted more into his collar. Upon closer inspection of 2 different shots, it appears to be the latter. The panel lines on each collar piece line up in such a way as to show the neck armour has in-fact, retracted.

I quickly spiced together the two versions of the armour to see how they lined up, and circled the panel lines on the neck armour that match up between the 2 shots.

View attachment 484906

I've made peace with the idea of the slight design changes across the movies since at some point in Endgame he did look just the way he did in IW which technically makes the figure accurate and that's enough for me. It's annoyng and confusing but we can't blame HT for the movie going back and forth like this.

Over a dozen visual studios worked on the movie. There is a real chance the Thanos armor model was updated in post-production, and a few of the VFX studios did not receive it during some scenes (would be easy to miss.)

I mean there are a lot of CGI mistakes left in the final movie, so this would reasonably seem like another one.

0kAOb9d.jpg

Over a dozen visual studios worked on the movie. There is a real chance the Thanos armor model was updated in post-production, and a few of the VFX studios did not receive it during some scenes (would be easy to miss.)

I mean there are a lot of CGI mistakes left in the final movie, so this would reasonably seem like another one.
Yeah. So much happening, it was probably hard to keep track. There is one scene where scott lang is in the van, but in the background, giant man is still destroying stuff

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Yes, I am aware that many studios had a hand in this film, and that leaves room for error. After seeing Endgame again, I'm just trying to rationalize the change within the context of the movie.

I've made peace with the idea of the slight design changes across the movies since at some point in Endgame he did look just the way he did in IW which technically makes the figure accurate and that's enough for me. It's annoyng and confusing but we can't blame HT for the movie going back and forth like this.

Yea, I'm not blaming Hot Toys for the design alterations, considering all the different visual studios working on the film, and how many other designs were changed late in production, such as the tech gauntlet and iron patriot. Like you said, I'm, glad he's technically accurate to Endgame.

Back