1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Armored Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BBTS can?t ship it to you for $4 just like Amazon can?t ship to you for free. They make up for it by charging MSRP for pretty much everything. Sideshow is ridiculous charging $28 for Hot Toys that they slap a shipping label on though.

I was joking, it's only 8 lbs., I think.

The point was it's a really heavy 1/6th and BBTS got it to me for 4 bucks; what's the excuse for a 28 dollar shipping charge?

I can't even start to answer that their shipping is all over the place

I've been lucky with shipping from SSC for Hot Toys figures has been around $12 give or take, i think $9 was the cheapest. They even combined shipping for a Cap and Thor figure once and it was $14 total for both and even Hulkbuster was only $25.

But i have gotten thrown an oddball every once in awhile, for example my HT Ghostrider was $30. I obviously did not say anything just in case they were accidentally undercharging me for everything else :lol

BBTS can?t ship it to you for $4 just like Amazon can?t ship to you for free. They make up for it by charging MSRP for pretty much everything.
Which is a fair point. However, Arrmored Thanos, is $414.99 at BBTS. He's $415.99 at Sideshow.

BBTS is shipping him for $4. Sideshow's is $27.99 (I just checked my order.) Leaving tax out of the equation, that's a $37 difference in BBTS's favor...which means I probably shouldn't care where BBTS is hiding the extra shipping cost, LOL. I need to start ordering from them more. :)

BBTS is saving a bit of that cost by shipping fedex smartpost, which is cheaper and slower than ups ground as it is. Also with them you've saving more cost upfront, than getting it later in the form of credit with points via Sideshow. Also BBTS' penchant for cancelling pre-orders is a risk you may be taking, depending on your ordering habits.

Heh heh. Look what I started!! But still, it does suck... I'm gonna look at it this way.. I paid 24 for JL superman, so 28 for thanos seems like a deal. I remember the days of realistic shipping charges from SS. My first HT (MoS) back in 2013 was 8.99. Others hung around the 12-15 price. Over the last 3 years, the shipping has just shot up! Whenever I preorder a new figure, I just assume and add an extra 25 to the price. BUT NOW I'll have to add tax. So an already inflated figure price is even more expensive! Check this out:
MoS was 212 shipped. He came with a bunch of hands a metal 1:1 krypton key, mini key and a pretty big flight stand. The JL superman came with way less and when all is said and done its over 100 more. I guess 7 years makes a difference.. not complaining, just crackin some eggs.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Got another email stating my Thanos will continue to get Pushed Back Until 2020 Gets Its **** Together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't gotten an email about a delay yet but I'm dreading it.

Also it's true Sideshow's shipping prices are a bit ridiculous, though I do chuckle a bit at some of your complaints. Try $45 USD getting it to come up to Canada.

I haven't gotten an email about a delay yet but I'm dreading it.

Also it's true Sideshow's shipping prices are a bit ridiculous, though I do chuckle a bit at some of your complaints. Try $45 USD getting it to come up to Canada.

After buying everything from Sideshow for a decade, I've finally moved away from them. Shipping is inflated, customer service has devolved and really no reason to go with them anymore. Hell, Toywonderland is the same price as them all-in for many figuers and you get them earlier.

If anyone is interested in the B92 throne they are polling the community to see if they will open up shipping to the USA and Europe.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=250868629694604&id=104560694325399

101535981_250868369694630_8930417184955335022_n.jpg

I had this guy on a payment plan that would have finished in a few months. But since it started shipping I switched my last 2 or 3 payments to pay in full and sideshow said it will ship this month. My account changed from the 10 cents placeholder to the actual shipping cost, so I knew they must be shipping it soon. The same thing happened to my order of Captain Marvel.

Yeah, I had placed an order for this guy just under a month ago and decided to pay for it in full. The website still says it's shipping this month and I haven't gotten any sort of delay email. Full shipping cost is shown too.

Yeah, I had placed an order for this guy just under a month ago and decided to pay for it in full. The website still says it's shipping this month and I haven't gotten any sort of delay email. Full shipping cost is shown too.
My only problem with getting him this early is the fact I have nowhere to put him. I have a curio on order but dont think it will arrive in time. The whole coronavirus delayed me from getting my case in earlier.

Back