1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Armored Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be fine if it shipped when i can go to the movies and out to eat (when things are back to normal).
I miss the movies... its killing me that my routines are broken. Miss the smell, the food, the atmosphere etc. Also miss my comic shop and worried about cancellations of all print media.. this all sucks! The only upside to all of this, is that I'm pulling out all my old comics and collectibles. Forgot I had certain ones. Nice to appreciate them again

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Got a bent arm from a friend to use on my armored thanos but the paint is chipping away very easely.
Is that a common issue? Scares me for my armored thanos arms...

Got a bent arm from a friend to use on my armored thanos but the paint is chipping away very easely.

Congrats on acquiring that bent arm, I’m sure he looks great with that!

I did not notice any chipping/flaking of the paint on my Armored Thanos, nor did I see anything that would indicate a problem with the paint in the future. That said I didn’t do anything very adventurous as far as moving his arms around. I posed him with his arms slightly bent and that was it.

Yikes, sorry to hear...how are you handling the arm? Is it chipping easily or are you applying some pressure to the arm that's causing wear and tear?

1st i have heard of it but it is paint and it can be scratched or chiped on any figure if not careful.

1st i have heard of it but it is paint and it can be scratched or chiped on any figure if not careful.

i dont know why they didnt just use plastic molded in that color with switchout arms that are straight and bent already.

Congrats on acquiring that bent arm, I’m sure he looks great with that!

I did not notice any chipping/flaking of the paint on my Armored Thanos, nor did I see anything that would indicate a problem with the paint in the future. That said I didn’t do anything very adventurous as far as moving his arms around. I posed him with his arms slightly bent and that was it.

Thanks he does look cool with it, i will post some pics later.
I actually got it last year for free (a friend, got a replacement because the light up was not working he gave me his defective one that i fixed)
At the time it had some paint chip where the shoulder connects to the body from moving it.

Yikes, sorry to hear...how are you handling the arm? Is it chipping easily or are you applying some pressure to the arm that's causing wear and tear?

Thanks Well im used to rubber bodies, suits etc... so i went gently but firmly to push it inside the body.
So nothing out of the ordinary.

Yep thats why im always careful with all rubber stuff especially painted ones
The arm was already defective when my friend got it, small paint flacking but flacking nonetheless.
Maybe a bad batch...

That bended arm was an extra so im not bummed but im worried about armored thanos rubber arms but its good to hear that its not a common problem on the IW thanos. But i might add a varnish dull coat on the armored thanos arms to avoid any problems.

Since the paint was flacking hard i unsleeved the rubber and put a magnet on the shoulder (under the rubber) so the armor part can stick on it. Works great, just needs a repaint. Might mod the biceps armor parts as the rubber around the biceps is very thick not flexible, the rubber might be scratched, fabric or elastic strings could work better.

i dont know why they didnt just use plastic molded in that color with switchout arms that are straight and bent already.

Switching arms make me nervous, you might break something with such huge pegs.
I would have prefered articulated normal hard plastic arms, something like Predators or Avatar.
He's armored so the articulation wwould not be that visible.
I dont like rubber in general, sculpted hard plastic is much safer.

overall its a very cool figure, i dont collect marvel but Thanos has such a cool design that i had to get him

Last edited:
I thought that reviews said the IW bent arm wasn’t compatible with this Thanos? I mean you could snap it on, but the paint hues were slightly different and the armor pieces didn’t fit on the bent arm?

I thought that reviews said the IW bent arm wasn?t compatible with this Thanos? I mean you could snap it on, but the paint hues were slightly different and the armor pieces didn?t fit on the bent arm?

I recall that the difference in colour wasn't that great and the shoulder armour did sit on OK. But yes the arm strap would need to be extended. I was thinking with some black elastic strip.

But need to have another look at the video.

I thought that reviews said the IW bent arm wasn?t compatible with this Thanos? I mean you could snap it on, but the paint hues were slightly different and the armor pieces didn?t fit on the bent arm?

Color might be slightly different but nothing that radical, so it works.
The biceps armor needs modding to stay on, an elastic strap will do the trick.
The shoulder armor does sit well on the bent arm but it falls easely, it uses a magnet to stick to the body, so either you mod the bent arm by putting a magnet inside it (risky for the paint), or the easiest way is to use an elastic strap that can be hidden under the armored parts.

Last edited:
Regarding the delays when it comes to this pandemic and the virus, you can dread it, run from it, but your destiny of this Thanos figure arriving is all the same.

So my perspective is when he arrives, he arrives. Whenever that is. He?s inevitable.

I see what you did there, LOL

I see what you did there, LOL

giphy.gif

I would have preferred articulated normal hard plastic arms, something like Predators or Avatar.
He's armored so the articulation would not be that visible.
I dont like rubber in general, sculpted hard plastic is much safer.

I also prefer hard molded plastic as opposed to rubber/soft materials, even visible joints don't bother me much.

Back