1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Armored Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The gauntlet looks brand new again , wonder if he replaced it or used the power of the stones to restore it

That the gauntlet looks renewed is very interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far all the toys and promo images have had it undamaged. For IW all those had the gauntlet full of stones. It was only actually full for a couple of seconds in the film but a full gauntlet is better advertising. An undamaged one might be better advertising than a damaged one. The only shot of it from the trailers has shown it damaged so who knows what it will actually look like.

I’m guessing he used the time stone on the gauntlet to repair it? It looks brand new.

Now the question is: do I wait for the Battle-Damaged Thanos coming at SDCC?

Maybe Thanos uses the reality stone to make everyone think he's all geared up & the gauntlet is restored, when in actuality he still looks like he did at the end of Infinity War. So in that scenario a battle damaged IW version will be the one to get at SDCC. Damn, there's so many different ways Feige & the Russos could be messing with us right now. :lol

This will be my first pre order 100%! Sorry if it’s been asked already but does anyone know when pre order is available?

Maybe Thanos uses the reality stone to make everyone think he's all geared up & the gauntlet is restored, when in actuality he still looks like he did at the end of Infinity War. So in that scenario a battle damaged IW version will be the one to get at SDCC. Damn, there's so many different ways Feige & the Russos could be messing with us right now. :lol

That certainly could be possible. Very Wizard of Oz.

Anyone know good is the quality of the rubber type material that Hot Toys uses for this figure?

This will be my first figure of this type. I used to have an old Iron Man and I remember the crotch area had a flexible material that discolored over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Someone who has the IW Thanos can correct me if I'm wrong, but I expect it's the same material as the HT Hulks. I have the original Avengers Hulk & there's no sign of discoloration whatsoever.

Someone who has the IW Thanos can correct me if I'm wrong, but I expect it's the same material as the HT Hulks. I have the original Avengers Hulk & there's no sign of discoloration whatsoever.

Cool thanks! Does the material crack? Im wondering if it can hold dynamic poses with bent arms or i should just do simple standing poses.

Cool thanks! Does the material crack? Im wondering if it can hold dynamic poses with bent arms or i should just do simple standing poses.

I think you’ll be fine doing dynamic poses, but I wouldn’t go past 90 degrees bending the elbows - the material will bulge out unnaturally & not look very good. That’s why people are curious about being able to swap in the bent arm from the IW Thanos figure.

Sounds like IW Thanos left arm is like his version of Veronica! Haha maybe HT will sell that as an accessory.

Anyone know good is the quality of the rubber type material that Hot Toys uses for this figure?

This will be my first figure of this type. I used to have an old Iron Man and I remember the crotch area had a flexible material that discolored over time.

Though I am never 100% confident in Hot Toys's choices of material, they've generally done better over time. I think these will be okay. The material is similar to the Hulk figures, which have been around for a while and have generally held up.

If you're referring to the first Mk 4 and 6, those were particularly odd issues and more had to do with the paint fading on that material. Probably some weird combination they didn't/couldn't account for. It has not been an issue on modern Iron Man figures.

Thanks for answering guys! I’m definitely gonna get this new Thanos!

I may have missed it on photos but does anyone know if either Armoured Thanos or Gamora come with the little double ended knife Thanos gives to Gamora on her homeworld to distract her from the slaughter happening behind her ? "Perfectly balanced, as all things should be" moment ?

KGHobby has it coming Q1-Q2 of next year. I would have guessed Q4.
Same here I still think they will get it out before the end of year , unless they want to fire the factory again and make new molds 6 to 9 month later they can just do them now while they are making the IW version and spend the next six months making thr armor and boxes

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The guy that owns my LCS was really pissed off about how this figures release is being handled. He told me that he's gotten a bunch of cancellations on the IW Thanos since these pics dropped. He said he'll be contacting his Sideshow rep to cut his IW Thanos order by 2/3. On the upside, I wasn't planning on getting Thanos at all until I saw this. I bet I'm not the only one either.

The guy that owns my LCS was really pissed off about how this figures release is being handled. He told me that he's gotten a bunch of cancellations on the IW Thanos since these pics dropped. He said he'll be contacting his Sideshow rep to cut his IW Thanos order by 2/3. On the upside, I wasn't planning on getting Thanos at all until I saw this. I bet I'm not the only one either.

Can definitely see why more and more places charge NRDs.

Back