Hot Toys - Avengers Bruce Banner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like with Banner... I'd regret not having him later. And I think he'll look cool in the display next to Hulk. If I could get him for $140-$150 I'd be happier. But... it is what it is.

I'm waiting for a Coupon to come out from Sideshow. Maybe we'll get a St. Patty's Coupon Code. That's when I'll use it on Banner. I know I've been purchasing things like crazy but I really do need new shelving for my stuff. I'm running out of room!

Well, I said I liked it a couple posts up. LOL.

I think it's less a struggle about what he IS versus how much he costs for what he is. I think the point of Coulson is a good one. His accessories added a lot of appeal.

Thing is, Coulson in the films had more accessories to work with. Banner really had nothing, so why would you expect more? Price, sure...$189 for what he comes with costs more than Coulson, but we do not know what the licensing costs for Raffalo vs. Gregg was. It factors into it. Too many things factor into costs, so i don't really like debating about costs because none of us know since we dont work for HTs.

Thing is, Coulson in the films had more accessories to work with. Banner really had nothing, so why would you expect more? Price, sure...$189 for what he comes with costs more than Coulson, but we do not know what the licensing costs for Raffalo vs. Gregg was. It factors into it. Too many things factor into costs, so i don't really like debating about costs because none of us know since we dont work for HTs.
Nicely said. :clap I always take the licensing into consideration on each thing I buy especially with Hot Toys with the likeness to the actor/actress. They must have to pay a pretty penny for it.

Nicely said. :clap I always take the licensing into consideration on each thing I buy especially with Hot Toys with the likeness to the actor/actress. They must have to pay a pretty penny for it.

Yup indeed. :)

And funny, the other day in the Black Widow thread I mentioned that fan reaction to prototypes don't effect HTs changing things that much, that its more up to the art directors at HTs to change thing if they think it needs fixing and also up to the licensor. This Banner is a good example of that because fan reaction was pretty negative when they first showed this several months ago, and things didn't change that much.

Thats why I think HTs and the licensor decide when things need to be fixed in more cases than not vs fan reaction.

I'm waiting for a Coupon to come out from Sideshow. Maybe we'll get a St. Patty's Coupon Code. That's when I'll use it on Banner. I know I've been purchasing things like crazy but I really do need new shelving for my stuff. I'm running out of room!

Facebook has drawn my attention to this ''St. Patty's'' thing. I didn't realise that was a common mistake - its St. Paddy's Day.

Yup indeed. :)

And funny, the other day in the Black Widow thread I mentioned that fan reaction to prototypes don't effect HTs changing things that much, that its more up to the art directors at HTs to change thing if they think it needs fixing and also up to the licensor. This Banner is a good example of that because fan reaction was pretty negative when they first showed this several months ago, and things didn't change that much.

Thats why I think HTs and the licensor decide when things need to be fixed in more cases than not vs fan reaction.
Thats why I think HTs and the licensor decide when things need to be fixed in more cases than not vs fan reaction.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. :) I just go by my opinion. I don't really listen to other collectors. We either agree or disagree but in the end we are happy buying the product or not. It's just how I look at it. I'll be receiving Hulk soon so this will go nicely with him.
Facebook has drawn my attention to this ''St. Patty's'' thing. I didn't realise that was a common mistake - its St. Paddy's Day.

Yeah I know it's suppose to be "St. Patty's Day" But I just been use to saying just St. Patty's for short. Hopefully they do the coupon again this year. Last year I used it on Sideshow ESB Boba Fett and I don't regret the choice on using the coupon. This will be another that will be perfect to use it on.

Ok but you...did it again...:lol

I don't really care. I just noticed it became a thing on facebook the past couple of days.

I did? Maybe I should just say "St. Patrick's day". Better? :lol I thought this has been going on for a couple of years? I remember last year it being a thing and maybe even before. Ah who gives a rats ***. I don't care I need a Leprechaun to give me gold this year. Treasures awaiting for me. :wink1:

I posted this in the OMG thread by mistake but am wondering if it would be possible to thin out the head by soaking it in hot water and then squeezing it? Maybe using light pressure in a vise?

I don't think the sculpt is all that bad. To me it's just the proportions of the face, i.e. fat face. If it were just a bit thinner I think it would look a lot closer to Ruffalo.

I did? Maybe I should just say "St. Patrick's day". Better? :lol I thought this has been going on for a couple of years? I remember last year it being a thing and maybe even before. Ah who gives a rats ***. I don't care I need a Leprechaun to give me gold this year. Treasures awaiting for me. :wink1:

Yes a horde of pedantic grammar types are getting flustered because "Paddy" is short for Patrick, not "Patty" and the world will end if people keep misusing it to describe the festival of drinking and puking that in the US has nothing to do with anything remotely historical anyway

I can see how the mistake arose, St. Patrick to St. Patty, there's a logic there - but in Ireland we call it ''Paddy's day'', I guess because Patty is a woman's name (?), instead Paddy became the alternate for Patrick.

Exactly. :) I just go by my opinion. I don't really listen to other collectors. We either agree or disagree but in the end we are happy buying the product or not. It's just how I look at it. I'll be receiving Hulk soon so this will go nicely with him.

Exactly. Me either. I just collect them for the love of the characters & movies. If things aren't 100% perfectly accurate(or most fans seem to want like 150% accurate), it doesn't bother me one bit because I collect these because I enjoy them, and they are fun to collect and look great displaying them. And they are officially licensed. If there were other companies making 1/6 figures of these characters officially licensed, then we could compare and decide which is best, like Medicom did Batman Begins and TDK vs. HTs Begins and TDK. I like HTs versions so much better, so I bought HTs versions. But most of the time, we just have HTs to choose and they do an amazing job with them. I think some just get too spoiled or want everything but dont have the $$ so they need to complain and get upset about everything. Makes them feel better I guess. Likenesses tend to be the Eye of the Beholder as well. We all see things different. HTs see things different, fans do, the licensor does....etc etc.

It just comes down to what you enjoy. Some get sooo stressed and freak out about things, but thats their choice to act like that if they want to.

Yes a horde of pedantic grammar types are getting flustered because "Paddy" is short for Patrick, not "Patty" and the world will end if people keep misusing it to describe the festival of drinking and puking that in the US has nothing to do with anything remotely historical anyway
Deep meaning you put into that sentence.
I can see how the mistake arose, St. Patrick to St. Patty, there's a logic there - but in Ireland we call it ''Paddy's day'', I guess because Patty is a woman's name (?), instead Paddy became the alternate for Patrick.
Something new I learn everyday. I don't mean to say it all wrong so for now on I'm going to say "Paddy's Day". Sounds better too. Sound good?
Exactly. Me either. I just collect them for the love of the characters & movies. If things aren't 100% perfectly accurate(or most fans seem to want like 150% accurate), it doesn't bother me one bit because I collect these because I enjoy them, and they are fun to collect and look great displaying them. And they are officially licensed. If there were other companies making 1/6 figures of these characters officially licensed, then we could compare and decide which is best, like Medicom did Batman Begins and TDK vs. HTs Begins and TDK. I like HTs versions so much better, so I bought HTs versions. But most of the time, we just have HTs to choose and they do an amazing job with them. I think some just get too spoiled or want everything but dont have the $$ so they need to complain and get upset about everything. Makes them feel better I guess. Likenesses tend to be the Eye of the Beholder as well. We all see things different. HTs see things different, fans do, the licensor does....etc etc.

It just comes down to what you enjoy. Some get sooo stressed and freak out about things, but thats their choice to act like that if they want to.
Exactly I 100% agree with you.:goodpost:

But the "Paddy" part is not because it's a foreshortening of Patrick. It's a foreshortening of Pádraig.

Easily the top contender for the most boring and overpriced figure ever.

Easiest pass EVER.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E I think some just get too spoiled or want everything but dont have the $$ so they need to complain and get upset about everything. Makes them feel better I guess.

I'm sorry, but this is the one thinking that I've seen here on the boards mentioned time and again by various posters that I don't think I would ever get to learn to neither tolerate nor ignore. It's just so... condescending. And assuming. Most of the wealthy people I personally know are the most nitpicky -- because they want the best value for their money. They didn't work hard to get rich so they could afford mediocre products.

That likeness..

1926204_217238678464906_36714503_o.jpg

Back