Hot Toys Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I for one loved Titanic. I think Avatar was brilliant visual experience that worked best in the theater.
For this figure, the face isn't right. In the movie they captured the actors face. It looked like the actor. This just doesn't. Kudos to HT for making this to scale. Talk about shelf presence, this has it in spades.

Mine. Has. Shipped.

:)

Totally missed this comment! Congrats, can't wait to see your photos! :panic:

Michael Bay >>>>>>>>>>>> massage with Travolta >>>>>>>>>>>>> this thread

:wave

tumblr_ll2g8e72dC1qzmvsio1_r1_500.gif

I never saw the film :chase

I like the look of the aliens though and the paint on this figure looks amazing, all the tiny white dots and everything its so detailed, im thinking about getting it now :lol

My girls watch VD :)

Well uhhhh...I'm surprised at that, its such a masculine testosterone-driven show that grown men watch while downing beers. :monkey3

Seriously, its a decent show...and theres a chap in it who looks like a young Harrison Ford. Thats all I have to say about that.

Well uhhhh...I'm surprised at that, its such a masculine testosterone-driven show that grown men watch while downing beers. :monkey3

Seriously, its a decent show...and theres a chap in it who looks like a young Harrison Ford. Thats all I have to say about that.

I watched it once, the older vampire guy was walking around with no shirt. Girls (17 & 18) were swooning over him all I noticed he had no hair on his chest except around his nips. I couldn't stop laughing thus I been banned from further episode viewing :rotfl

Same thing happened with Titanic. When an anti-popularity backlash gets so strong that the film goes from overrated to underrated. I don't think either film was overrated.

I think the Titanic comparison is a valid one, but not quite in the way you frame it (for me anyway). The two movies are visually spectacular, and on first viewing the experience is intense. I loved every minute of both Titanic and Avatar. But... I don't think either movie can survive the scrutiny of a second viewing. Once the visual spectacle falls away from being the main focus, all you're left with are the brilliant set-pieces held together by flimsy character and plot development.

I don't think the lack of enduring love for Avatar has anything to do with being 'hipster' or the like - it is simply a visually spectacular movie with little else by way of substance. This may explain why the figure hasn't been as well received as it would have been while the hype was still about - while the fans will be very happy to get this figure, it doesn't present the 'cross-over' figure that others will be compelled to buy for its inherent awesomeness (ie Jack Sparrow). Partly it's the price, but I suspect mainly it's because Jake is a bit lacking in the character department. I think Neytiri is far more interesting, and I hope she gets made.

I watched it once, the older vampire guy was walking around with no shirt. Girls (17 & 18) were swooning over him all I noticed he had no hair on his chest except around his nips. I couldn't stop laughing thus I been banned from further episode viewing :rotfl

:lol Its a ridiculous but entertaining show...and yeah probably most popular with young women for the chesthairless male totty.

Anyway sorry for the OT posting.

If it does = :horror :yess: :clap

But if it doesn't = :mad: :( :monkey2

Where'd you get that pic Dracula?

Agreed. I just did a google search to see if more people from Hong Kong had uploaded some in-hand pics and I found this on some forum.

This is an odd situation. It's too early for someone to have done a mod to the base & it looks to be an in-hand pic based on the background.

So if it does indeed light-up, how come OMG and others didn't show it?

And since they did show the ground lit-up does that mean a threeway switch?

We're depending on you Rorywan to clear this up for us :lol

Back