Hot Toys Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

No way... I was totally oblivious to this fact; thank you for illustrating it for me. This whole time I assumed the UK was like the 53rd state or something :huh

And to be clear since he was talking about free shipping I think its safe to assume he's a US based collector... but even so I think Sideshow offers shipping discounts to international customers. Although it seems the import fees tend to negate those savings.

:rotfl :clap
On a serious note, are there any places based in the UK that have this up for preorder yet, that anyone knows of? I've never ordered from Sideshow, so I don't know much about shipping costs, but I've heard of huge amounts of money being added on, import fees maybe :dunno Any help would be appreciated :peace

^^

https://forbiddenplanet.com/76252-avatar-hot-toys-movie-masterpiece-figure-jake-sully/

https://www.onesixthbruce.co.uk/

https://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/21859216/Jake-Sully-18-inch-Avatar-Figure-by-Hot-Toys/Product.html?searchstring=Avatar&searchtype=GADG&searchfilters=s%7bAvatar%7d%2bc%7b439%7d%2b&pa=search&page=search&d=1&ob=3&urlrefer=search

Play usually gets them much later than other retailers though, onesixthbruce is a small company (usually best prices around, i'm trying to find out more info on them) & forbidennplanet can also be late in getting products.

For more info check out these threads:

Fedex & Taxes Thread

UK Retailers

Last edited:

Thanks Nova-Force. I used to buy all of my stuff from Forbidden Planet, but their Hot Toys prices seem to have gotten out of hand, last time I looked they had Berserker up for £250! I'll have a look at onesixthbruce though :wink1:
EDIT-I just had a quick look and did a conversion and I had them all selling them for around $85-$90 more expensive than Sideshow :horror I'll have to look around, have a look at postage charges and see how the prices add up then :thud:

Last edited:

Yeah, it seems like you are going to usually get gouged one way or the other. I assume any retailer importing the figures will get hit with the same (or similar) fees and pass that on to the buyer.

Thanks Nova-Force. I used to buy all of my stuff from Forbidden Planet, but their Hot Toys prices seem to have gotten out of hand, last time I looked they had Berserker up for £250! I'll have a look at onesixthbruce though :wink1:
EDIT-I just had a quick look and did a conversion and I had them all selling them for around $85-$90 more expensive than Sideshow :horror I'll have to look around, have a look at postage charges and see how the prices add up then :thud:

Yeah you need to factor in SSC shipping and fedex/customs and international bank charges.

HT are generally $25 shipping, you'll have to pay 20% of the figure cost to fedex (who pay customs) and a £10 fedex service charge to fedex.

My bank (santander) charges 2.75% of the amount paid to SSC for change fo the currency and a seprate £1.25 charge for international transactions.

It's this where the price really adds up, sometimes it works out cheaper from Forbiddenplanet, rarely though cos they are exspensive, but the Baby Doll HT works out cheaper from them than SSC.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Would it be cheaper to order from HK then from the US?

Good Grief !!!!
Payday has never taken so loooong to come round

Pre Ordered at OSB UK :yess::yess::yess:
A MASSIVE 3 part thanks WaiMan :hi5:

Kindest regards
Mark

Good Grief !!!!

Kindest regards
Mark

Amen to that, I pre-ordered mine from OSB last week, I got mine in as early as possible.

I got my PO in with OSB, I thought the 3 way lay away option was a big help. No way was I gonna miss out on this one. Hoping WaiMan does the same with Iron Monger to :)

I got my PO in with OSB, I thought the 3 way lay away option was a big help. No way was I gonna miss out on this one. Hoping WaiMan does the same with Iron Monger to :)

Definitely,Couldn't have ordered Jake without it :hi5:

Have had to sacrifice IM MK4 with Gantry though,I don't have any Ironman figs but really fancied getting just one and to me it looks pretty definative as a one off fig,

been an awesome month though,finally got my Battle Cat and He Man from Mattel,Pre ordered Classic Pred and Jake today........now the cool off till 89 Bats,Joker and Batmobile :panic::panic::panic:

Just hope they all don't arrive in Quarter 4 all at once though :horror

Kindest regards
Tys

^^ Tys1977
Don't worry, I'm sure there'll be plenty more HT Iron Man figures coming out later down the line & the Gantry set is so expensive to. Jakes quite a unique figure to for HT, it's something I've personally really been looking forward to for along time now. Congrats on all your other PO's to, the Classic is on my list to PO to, I'll hopefully have that done a week today, I want to get that one payed up in full.

How often does Hot Toys listen to complaints/criticism before final production? I'm hoping they read these forums... Because I'd love an angry/fighting sculpt for this guy, considering they gave him a gun and war paint. I believe someone previously mentioned that was the case with King Leonidas, but I'm also wondering how far in advance before release did they decide to add another head sculpt.

They have made changes and things here and there on figures in the past that people wanted but a whole new sculpt is pushing it... It took them this long to pump out just this one figure form the Avatar movie... I wouldnt expect anthor sculpt to pop up but then again even HT suprises its fan ever now and then... But its very slim chance well see it happen...

My guess is that if it is selling well in the preoder stage there is no chance of a second head sculpt. Maybe if people are not as quick to preorder due to the price they may consider sweeting the pot a bit. That is just my guess though, and I am more then likely wrong.

^^ Hot Toys works is mysterious ways, they may add the head sculpt because of the good sales, y'never know.

Wouldn't hang hopes on it though.

Good Grief !!!!

Kindest regards
Mark

This will be my first purchase at OSB, i'm a little concerned though with paint app being a BIG part if this figure, if there are QC problems, how hard would it be to get a replacement from OSB?

This will be my first purchase at OSB, i'm a little concerned though with paint app being a BIG part if this figure, if there are QC problems, how hard would it be to get a replacement from OSB?

Problems with paint apps is kind of a non issue with HT.

Jinx :)

Back