Hot Toys Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

If you guys want this then this Jake Sully needs to be a hit, if it's not then HT will move onto the next license.

The apparent reason (Rampant Greed aside) that a 4th Joker is being made is because he is a guaranteed sell-out, big moneymaker. If this figure doesn't light up eBay HT may abandon it like Expendables, Wolverine, Watchmen etc...

They put all that work into the new body, it would be a shame not to use it again.

They put all that work into the new body, it would be a shame not to use it again.

:exactly:

I totally agree! The way I see it, they can (and should) make at least another version of Jake with this body.
Also, I believe they could use most of it for Neytiri. At least the legs and pelvis area... IMO they just need to make a female torso and arms and you'd be there.

As for Quaritch... that should be a pretty easy release for them... No special body needed... perhaps maybe some scarred upperarms.

Neytiri is A LOT more slender. Like, with her, you can recognize an alien physique, from her joints to the way that she carries herself, unlike Jake who is more human in proportion, relatively. Its defintiely not a cut and dry case of reusing the Jake sculpt.

Quaritch is definitely a no brainer though.

Here's a real comparison with adjusted angle. I like this figure more and more...

8130edd0.jpg

Hmmm... I don't think he's quite that big. I could be wrong, but that looks more like a 20+ inch figure and he's only listed at 18".

I'm no trying to derail this thread but I just noticed that Lukes boots are cloth. That's awesome!

Anwhoo, carry on...

Here's a real comparison with adjusted angle. I like this figure more and more...

8130edd0.jpg

no way hes that big!! He looks to be 22" right there!!

Last edited:

I think yours is more accurate Megacolor. I have the 18" UQS Darth Maul and my 1/6 figures come to about the waist, maybe a bit higher

Grr, still debating on if I want this or not. He seems to be light on the accessories as I suppose most of the cost goes towards the paint, feathering, and size.

Avatar: 2 is coming out in 2014. Pretty sure Hot Toys is going to make a better one!!

Avatar: 2 is coming out in 2014. Pretty sure Hot Toys is going to make a better one!!

We all know they will but some of us dont want to wait until 2014 or later we want them now... IMO Ive waited long enough thank you very much HT... Anyway Avatar 2 figures will be based off Avatar 2 and not Avatar so you buy the ones form Avatar now or risk jacked up prices that will follow after every other HT figure... IMO :lecture

Yeah by 2014 HT figures will cost alot more. I thought this Jake was high priced, but being as big as he is, I dont think its that bad. I'll be getting him.

At some point the prices will have to max out or risk pricing themselves out. It feels like they are getting dangerously close to that now, but I am usually wrong :)

how many here would prefer RDA clothes Jake to warrior Jake?

The only thing that would really make me want the RDA Jake is the backpack (and possible bow and arrow if you can declothe him into "training" Jake)

With this whole 2.0 crap, i keep reading posts about waiting for the next, better version to come out, people in the HT Indy thread are saying they'll cancel because there is no updated sculpt yet and there will be another one soon enough.

So this re-reclease plan may very well backfire on HT, you never know.

how many here would prefer RDA clothes Jake to warrior Jake?

The only thing that would really make me want the RDA Jake is the backpack (and possible bow and arrow if you can declothe him into "training" Jake)

Personally I'm glad they chose to make warrior Jake. He looks alot more savage and alien this way.

Don't have a detolf yet, but do you guys think he'd fit in one? Still unsure if he's worth the $315. Guess I should go rewatch Avatar.

You can remove one of the shelves in the detolf and he will fit just fine.

Back