Hot Toys Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

it would probably 3500 by then lol.

That thing would be so hilariously expensive and huge lol

Visible joints (those ugly feet, unbelievable), way off likeness (It just doesn't feel like Jake Sully at all to me wich is pretty rare with HT sculpts, even when the likeness is not 100% here), plus considering the fact that this figure will be in stock two years after the movie's first release: easy pass.

PS: And also, I think that the choice of a final battle Jake as the first (and possibly only since it's only called 1/6 Jake Sully) figure of the character is certainly not the most appropriate.

Yeah, his face is a little chubby.

Yep, that's it. The cheek area is a bit too chunky. It needs to stick farther out from the face, but more bony than fleshy if that makes any sense. Ah, well. No sense nitpicking at this point since it's unlikely HT will do anything.

267818_10150238770707344_58690437343_7659158_4177562_n.jpg
Jake-Sully-avatar-jake-sully-9896799-420-609.jpg

Visible joints (those ugly feet, unbelievable), way off likeness (It just doesn't feel like Jake Sully at all to me wich is pretty rare with HT sculpts, even when the likeness is not 100% here), .

Looking at this pic how could anyone say the likeness is "way off?" The lighting is different which makes the film still look thinner in the face, but that's just lighting.

I'm very stoked about this figure and I'm glad they've gone all out on the scale. HT has never seemed to care much about scale and this is a good sign we might get a human - Quarritch hopefully.

why can't they just make the feet like King Leonidas' ? Forget about the articulation on that area, its better looking real than having visible joints on them...I'm a bit bummed about it but its still an easy pass for me...for now XD

omg finally. They did it. Im so greatful for this.

Looking at this pic how could anyone say the likeness is "way off?" The lighting is different which makes the film still look thinner in the face, but that's just lighting.

I'm very stoked about this figure and I'm glad they've gone all out on the scale. HT has never seemed to care much about scale and this is a good sign we might get a human - Quarritch hopefully.

btw, I do agree with you on that one Darklord Dave, its funny when you'd want to say that it's off when they comparing an open mouth pic of Jake Sully with a magazine cover of a closed mouth Jake..haha opened mouth Jake would clearly change the way the jaw muscles expand, making the facial features slighty different compared to the magazine pic which they are comparing. Hence, facial expressions...

Okay. I still don't understand the hair ponytail thing from the movie. Jake and the others connected their hair to animals to use them. On the other hand, when Jake and Neytiri connected their hair, they were f__king. What the hell, did they have sex with the animals too or not? :rotfl...:horror

Oh God yes! So gonna buy it!. I wish HT could release an official pic comparing the actual size.

Okay. I still don't understand the hair ponytail thing from the movie. Jake and the others connected their hair to animals to use them. On the other hand, when Jake and Neytiri connected their hair, they were f__king. What the hell, did they have sex with the animals too or not? :rotfl...:horror
The queue connection is a mental link, not an act of procreation

I bought the Avatar blu ray extended version for quite awhile already and it has been sitting in my cabinet... Time to take it out and watch it! :)

Hot Toys did an excellent job accurately representing the film with this release.

Much like the actual movie, this is long overdue, was hyped like crazy, and is incredibly underwhelming despite looking quite nice.

Hot Toys did an excellent job accurately representing the film with this release.

Much like the actual movie, this is long overdue, was hyped like crazy, and is incredibly underwhelming despite looking quite nice.
Good thing the rest of the world thought otherwise :pfft:

Looks good. No interest in 18" smurfs though.

This is a great looking figure! The likeness is great and I love the light-up base and all the accessories! :rock :rock :rock

Not gonna get it though. I'm no fan of this warpaint version and the hair looks kinda lame IMO. Not just on the figure, but designwise.
Now if they make a Neytiri or a normal Jake, perhaps in his RDA clothes I might pick one up.

Thank god another pass.:yess: I am starting to believe i will be able to get everything i NEED without anything new and awesome getting in the way.

Kinda getting worried about Terminator license.:(

Back